IGNORED

Classic Controller...Anyone Else Experience This?

Deteacher

So, I was charging my classic controller (it was down to about 25%) and I charged it until all the orange LEDs were lit.  I unplugged the charging cable and turned it on, and the stick showed it was only about 40-50% charged.  I thought that was strange, so I turned it back off and put it back on the charger.  After it said it was fully charged again (about an hour later) I took it off the charger, powered it back up.  This time, it read about 70%-75% charged.  I repeated this process 2 more times before it finally showed a full charge, when disconnected from the charging cable.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  The stick works perfectly fine, otherwise.  Just found it odd that it would report a full charge, only to show the real charge level after disconnecting the cable.

• Haha 1

That doesn’t sound to good! I can’t say I’ve ran into any problems with my Classic Controllers charging up. Is it possible it could be the USB charge cable that’s at fault? Might be worth trying a second charge cable if you have one next time and see how it goes, if that doesn’t help I’d be looking to replace the battery in the Controller. 

• Like 1

So, after reaching out to Atari for tech support, they gave me a couple things to try out (making sure the firmware was updated, trying another cable, etc.)  None of those resolved the issue, so they are replacing the controller for me (even though all I asked them for was a replacement battery.)  They responded quickly to my emails and resolved the issue quickly and painlessly.  Gotta give Atari tech support an A for ease of use.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

UPDATE:  If you need any kind of tech support in which Atari says they'll replace a component, they will ask you for proof of purchase.  Since I got mine NIB from Ebay, I had to contact the seller for either a copy of the receipt or a screenshot of the online order page.  

So, for all you that bought your system from Ebay or someplace other than GameStop/Best Buy/MicroCenter, you might want to contact your seller and ask them for some kind of proof of purchase, so you'll have it on hand, should you ever need it.