IGNORED

Deciphering the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection Game List

Cousin Vinnie

6 hours ago, SearsRoebuck said:

I can't find the video I originally saw now (and can't remember where I saw it), but there is a pic of Food Fight right on the store page for this on Steam, 5th pic:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1919470/Atari_50_The_Anniversary_Celebration/

Sure looks like the arcade version to me. Let's hope that's a good sign that it's indeed here. And hopefully it also includes the 7800 port, although the inclusion of the arcade original sure goes a long ways towards softening the disappointment if it isn't. :)

Your Steam link also shows us something from the game showcasing the Atari 2600 port of Asteroids. And the press kit that roots.genoa linked us to shows us Millipede (2600), Miner 2049'er (2600), and Ninja Golf (7800).

It also has a menu screenshot showing us that it has Realsports Boxing, Football, Soccer, and Tennis (And possibly a mockup box for the RealSports Basketball prototype; We can barely see any of it and it's not a match for the previously known Realsports Baseball).

I must say I'm not quite sure how they're deciding on what 2600 games to include when they're picking and choosing from a much larger pool than they're going to be featuring with only 90+ games here. I'll give them a pass for the Swordquest trilogy due to the inclusion of their new Airworld game, making it all but obligatory to include the original three entries. But I'm not sure that we need every single Realsports entry on this. Especially if it ends up meaning far better games like the Centipede and Gravitar ports miss the cut. 

I'd rather have yet another port of Centipede when it's as well done as that one is (albeit a bit too easy, so I'm glad to see Millipede for the 2600 looks likely to be present), than several games that will barely ever get fired up.

Edited by Atariboy

After looking at the press kit docs on steam (thanks Roots. Genoa), it looks like we can now make out about 55 of the games. (I added nine to the previous list).

A few duds but a couple of nice additions.

Arcade

Missile Command

Millipede

Atari 2600

Asteroids

Millipede

Miner 2049er

Realsports Boxing, Tennis, Soccer, Football

Solaris

Atari 7800

Ninja Golf

For the whole list, click here: www.atari7800forever.com/atari50.html

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Atariboy said:

I didn't realize you had made a list, although I now see it in the original post. Had I seen that I wouldn't of bothered duplicating it since it was a bit of a pain to compile (Although I must admit I had fun taking a detailed look at what's actually shown in the trailer). Hopefully it didn't come off as rude that I posted my own list. 

Just for complete accuracy, the box for Solaris makes a brief appearance in the bonus gallery footage in the trailer so I suppose deserves a mention as a possible inclusion in the list of games that made a showing in the trailer. I had initially neglected that in my own list even though I saw it, but after noticing the play option for Missile Command and Super Breakout in that same menu area, I'm inclined to include it.

We however don't know yet for certain if it's playable like Atari 5200 Super Breakout and Missile Command are, since they scrolled over those boxes in the bonus gallery and we're able to see a play option where as they didn't actually scroll over the Solaris box for us to see. But since I doubt they're including box art for games that they're not including in playable form, I bet it's included.

To contribute something to your list on your site, we have a name for the new Haunted House game. It's listed as "Haunted Houses". It's very easy to miss in the trailer, but at the 0:04 mark we're shown the 5200 category for a very brief moment (Which is how we know about Bounty Bob Strikes Back and Millipede) and then the reimagined menu area is briefly displayed. Both showings probably added up to perhaps half a second, so I doubt many people noticed (Or bothered to advance frame-by-frame to check them out if they did).

Atari.thumb.jpg.311d77f1206f19a881bace1528286f52.jpg

Thanks, I added Solaris and fixed the name to Haunted Houses. You rock!

• Like 1

You missed Food Fight. The Steam page shows us a screenshot of the arcade version in action.

Are you sure about arcade Missile Command? I must've missed that hint. I did notice Millipede (arcade), but accidentally left it off my list. 

I did see the 2600 artwork for Missile Command and further confirmation of the Lynx combo-pack of Super Asteroids & Missile Command thanks to a screenshot of the latter in action on the Steam page. It was already strongly suspected thanks to the trailer (They have some gameplay footage of it in the background at one point), but it's further confirmation that the Lynx game is included. 

I wonder if Swordquest: Airworld is going to be actual 2600 code. I rather figured that it wouldn't be, but the screenshot showing it in the game menu in the press kit implies that it's a full blown 2600 game rather than one just made to look like it could've been.

Edited by Atariboy

Looking over your list, I believe Bounty Bob Strikes Back is the 5200 version for sure. While the boxes seem pretty similar between each version, it's what's next to it that seals it in my eyes. We can see a game done in the style of 5200 releases and can see enough of the artwork to know that it's the Millipede art from the 2600.

Since Millipede was finished but not officially released, we can deduce then that it's a mockup for 5200 Millipede (It's also nothing like the Atari 8-bit computer box for Millipede). We can also see that the game menu is set so that it's sorted by platform. So presumably we're seeing where the 2600 lineup ends and the 5200 lineup starts. 

Atari.thumb.jpg.b76a897fda0ab52b699479d24f46a370.jpg

And like shown above, we can see 5200 Millipede which is absent on your list.

And while it's weird that the sequel is the 5200 port, I believe Miner 2049'er is indeed the computer version. We can see enough of the fine print in the menu shot to tell. Plus it's next to Food Fight, which never had a 5200 release (And also has compatibility information shown for Atari computers).

188019794_Atari2.thumb.jpg.e7ad923955fc1dc141b91799bfc0be53.jpg

I'm assuming they either went by what they had access to for high quality scans or they simply decided to spread the love around (Giving the 5200 category something new that wasn't previously in the Flashback compilations while also leaving a game for the likely thin 8-bit computer lineup).

Edited by Atariboy

4 hours ago, Atariboy said:

It also has a menu screenshot showing us that it has Realsports Boxing, Football, Soccer, and Tennis (And possibly a mockup box for the RealSports Basketball prototype; We can barely see any of it and it's not a match for the previously known Realsports Baseball).

Looks like it indeed is Realsports Basketball. Here's a image I put together with the small bit of the boxart that we can see in the press kit image positioned next to the boxart that's out there online for it (Perhaps a prototype box is the source since we know the game was canned after development had finished; Same boxart was used by Code Mystics for the Atari Flashback Classics compilation).

Atari.jpg.768605071d0b52a7d7ac7a7d93b601d0.jpg

And I wasn't even going to take a crack at this one since we can see so little, but I believe I can identify it as Gravitar. Here's the relevant sliver of it cropped from one of the press kit menu shots showing it next to Haunted House (And linked here is the AtariAge box scan of it).

Gravitar.thumb.jpg.6551e8dae0f498a28a79f1a6b611bedf.jpg

Edited by Atariboy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Looking over your list, I believe Bounty Bob Strikes Back is the 5200 version for sure. While the boxes seem pretty similar between each version, it's what's next to it that seals it in my eyes. We can see a game done in the style of 5200 releases and can see enough of the artwork to know that it's the Millipede art from the 2600.

Since Millipede was finished but not officially released, we can deduce then that it's a mockup for 5200 Millipede (It's also nothing like the Atari 8-bit computer box for Millipede). We can also see that the game menu is set so that it's sorted by platform. So presumably we're seeing where the 2600 lineup ends and the 5200 lineup starts. 

Atari.thumb.jpg.b76a897fda0ab52b699479d24f46a370.jpg

And like shown above, we can see 5200 Millipede which is absent on your list.

And while it's weird that the sequel is the 5200 port, I believe Miner 2049'er is indeed the computer version. We can see enough of the fine print in the menu shot to tell. Plus it's next to Food Fight, which never had a 5200 release (And also has compatibility information shown for Atari computers).

188019794_Atari2.thumb.jpg.e7ad923955fc1dc141b91799bfc0be53.jpg

I'm assuming they either went by what they had access to for high quality scans or they simply decided to spread the love around (Giving the 5200 category something new that wasn't previously in the Flashback compilations while also leaving a game for the likely thin 8-bit computer lineup).

If you look through the press release, there's what looks to be an arcade version of Millipede and a  2600 version of Miner 2049er.

That's a really fantastic guess on the Gravitar box.

It's starting to look like most of these games are going to be 2600 games... which is what I was afraid of. Atari being passed around like a joint for years managed to get rid of so many great IPs that wont make this collection. Its a shame. Battlezone, Tetris, Star Wars, Midnight Mutants, Marble Madness, Paperboy, Klax, Rampart, etc etc

I agree on arcade Millipede and 2600 Miner 2049'er. 

But we also can see Atari 5200 Millipede at the far right here, so we know that version is also included. And since it's located next to Bounty Bob Strikes Back, that confirms BBSB as the 5200 version instead of the 8-bit computer version (Even though the computer port of its predecessor, Miner 2049'er, is clearly included here along with the 2600 port, as seen with this screenshot from the trailer where when you zoom in on the boxart you're able to read "for use on the Atari 400 / 800 with 16K memory and one joystick" on the Miner 2049'er box).

Here's the arcade Food Fight screenshot at the Steam product page. So we know that one is apparently included (As well as the 8-bit computer version that was spotted in the menu footage of the trailer, just leaving the 7800 port left to be confirmed).

Edited by Atariboy

Battlezone WAS previously a part of all the collections until its IP was sold (to Rebellion? and then promptly misused).  All of the rest of those were never part of the console Atari. Atari Games and Atari Corp were (sadly) always split.  Really nice if modern Atari would buy out those titles though. 

Now that more of these have been revealed, I again say it sadly looks like a retread of Atari Vault on steam which has the bulk of the 2600 games you guys found and with the DLC, the 5200 titles. It does not have the 7800 or Jag, or some arcade titles (Food Fight).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/400020/Atari_Vault/

Still worth a look because if this new one is only 100, there are alot of those it won't have. 

One oddity in the Vault is that the DLC added M Network games (except for arcade ports like Burgertime), which means Atari is happy to get licensed games sometimes. 

Edited by SearsRoebuck
  • Like 1

Yeah, it sadly does look like it's going to be heavy on the recycling. Not too big of a surprise, but hard to get excited there when Code Mystics had previously done so well already with all the regular content. Hopefully they at least give us USB mouse support so some of the recycled games can be better enjoyed. 

I think we know the entire Jaguar lineup and can already infer what the bulk of the remaining Lynx and 7800 titles will be. And since I don't expect much in the way of further computer surprises, that leaves the arcade category as our best hope (with most of the remaining lineup to be discovered likely to be additional 2600 and 5200 retreads that were already in the fine Code Mystics collections).

So hopefully a few more arcade surprises will at least pop up along with the apparent inclusion of arcade Food Fight. Still was some nice stuff there that Code Mystics didn't previously cover like Night Driver, which looks to play well on the Evercade cart (I didn't think it would translate well without a wheel, but I was wrong).

One thing that I wouldn't mind seeing some further recycling of are the vector games. I've not played a real cabinet in years, but at least where my memories are concerned, Code Mystics doesn't quite capture the vibrancy of a vector monitor quite as well as they perhaps could've. So I'm looking forward to seeing how those look here.

Edited by Atariboy

11 hours ago, Atariboy said:

I don't think Bounty Bob Strikes back was ever released on the 2600?

As for Miner 2049er the label says "Big Five",  they produced the original 800/XL and 5200 versions.   All other ports were farmed out to different companies.   The 2600 version was done by Tigervision I think.    So that label suggests the 5200/800 version.   Of course they could mismatch the label and the game.   But why would they release the 2600 version and not the 800 version when most consider the 2600 version not very good?

Cousin Vinnie Wrote:

Besides Basketbrawl, the 7800 selection looks pretty boring. I'm also surprised that no one ever contacts you guys for your awesome Homebrews. Those would be so sweet to include in these things.

Myself and another homebrew developer were actually contacted by someone who allegedly worked with Atari regarding the games.  There was a little communication back and forth, as I told this person that I was very interested (Bentley Bear was one of the titles he asked about, as well as Super Circus AtariAge), and then... nothing.  This was mid-May, so I doubt anything will happen now... At least with any of my games.  I don't know about the other developer he contacted. :(

I will say, it was a pretty big letdown... I was really looking forward to seeing one of my titles on one of Atari's own products.

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, zzip said:

I don't think Bounty Bob Strikes back was ever released on the 2600?

As for Miner 2049er the label says "Big Five",  they produced the original 800/XL and 5200 versions.   All other ports were farmed out to different companies.   The 2600 version was done by Tigervision I think.    So that label suggests the 5200/800 version.   Of course they could mismatch the label and the game.   But why would they release the 2600 version and not the 800 version when most consider the 2600 version not very good?

It wasn't ever for the 2600. But Cousin Vinnie's site says this under the home computers category for his list, "Bounty Bob Strikes Back! (OMG)(Could be 5200 version)". I was explaining why the details Atari SA has shown confirms that Bounty Bob Strikes Back indeed is the 5200 version, not the 8-bit computer version (It's located in the 5200 category of the menu, lol).

We've been shown both the 2600 and 8-bit computer version of Miner 2049'er in the game's menus so far. No sign of Part 2 being included.

Edited by Atariboy

28 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

We've been shown both the 2600 and 8-bit computer version of Miner 2049'er in the game's menus so far. No sign of Part 2 being included.

That's good.   If the package only included the 2600 versions but not the 8-bit version, I'd be annoyed.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, PacManPlus said:

Myself and another homebrew developer were actually contacted by someone who allegedly worked with Atari regarding the games.  There was a little communication back and forth, as I told this person that I was very interested (Bentley Bear was one of the titles he asked about, as well as Super Circus AtariAge), and then... nothing.  This was mid-May, so I doubt anything will happen now... At least with any of my games.  I don't know about the other developer he contacted. :(

I will say, it was a pretty big letdown... I was really looking forward to seeing one of my titles on one of Atari's own products.

Well that is interesting, disappointing, and kinda sad. I know my score of Super Circus Atari Age isnt my rosiest on my site, but that game would have been perfect for a thing like this. Of course Bentley Bear is amazing and everyone should have a chance to play that.

I'm currently working on my 6th TV show that will probably never be aired. So I get it... LOL corporations reach out all the time and things almost always fall flat. Bob, you make amazing games and if it were up to me, Atari collections would always feature that Pac-Man Plus flava. 

They could have easily ported Fail Safe, Bentley Bear, Super Circus and Crazy Brix to this thing with no license issues. They suck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it's sad that they didn't make a serious effort it seems to license something like Bentley Bear or Cafeman's Adventure II.

There's not a lot of room here for tons of homebrews and a lot of intriguing candidates involve outside IP that unfortunately makes them non-starters for serious consideration. But something like these two gems that are unofficial sequels to Atari SA's own IP would've been ideal additions in my eyes (With the side benefit of helping pad out what are going to be small game lineups for the 7800 and 8-bit computer lineups). 

Makes one wonder how the one homebrew that we do know about so far managed to make it in, when the communication with PacManPlus and Cafeman ended as quickly as it started.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2022 at 4:34 AM, Atariboy said:

Yeah, it's sad that they didn't make a serious effort it seems to license something like Bentley Bear or Cafeman's Adventure II.

There's not a lot of room here for tons of homebrews and a lot of intriguing candidates involve outside IP that unfortunately makes them non-starters for serious consideration. But something like these two gems that are unofficial sequels to Atari SA's own IP would've been ideal additions in my eyes (With the side benefit of helping pad out what are going to be small game lineups for the 7800 and 8-bit computer lineups). 

Makes one wonder how the one homebrew that we do know about so far managed to make it in, when the communication with PacManPlus and Cafeman ended as quickly as it started.

Did you know Bob is working on Adventure III

?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remembered that he had started that project, but I had missed that he was again working on it. I just caught up with the newer posts in the thread. Looking forward very much to hopefully playing the finished game down the road. :)

Something like this project when it's finished would make for ideal DLC for this compilation. Digital Eclipse sounded open to the idea of DLC on their Twitter account to expand this compilation's game lineup. While I'm pretty skeptical that they'll support this for very long, licensing some popular homebrews from the pool of talented programmers at AtariAge would be a great way to go about it imo.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like retail copies are confirmed.

https://www.target.com/p/atari-50-the-anniversary-celebration-nintendo-switch/-/A-87457287

They've also recently confirmed that Race (Indy 500) and Warbirds for the Lynx are included.

Atari 2600 (30 games)
-3-D Tic-Tac-Toe
-Adventure
-Asteroids
-Breakout
-Canyon Bomber
-Combat
-Dark Chambers
-Dodge 'Em
-Demons to Diamonds
-Gravitar
-Haunted House
-Millipede
-Miner 2049'er
-Missile Command
-Outlaw
-Race
-Realsports Baseball
-Realsports Basketball
-Realsports Boxing
-Realsports Football
-Realsports Soccer
-Realsports Tennis
-Realsports Volleyball
-Solaris
-Surround
-Swordquest: Earthworld
-Swordquest: Fireworld
-Swordquest: Waterworld
-Warlords
-Yars' Revenge

Atari 5200 (6 games)
-Bounty Bob Strikes Back
-Centipede (While seemingly absent in the game selection menu, a video clip from Atari's commercial for it is used at one point)
-Millipede
-Missile Command
-Star Raiders
-Super Breakout

Atari 7800 (5 games)
-Asteroids
-Basketbrawl
-Centipede
-Ninja Golf
-Scrapyard Dog

Atari 8-bit computers (4 games)
-Caverns of Mars
-Food Fight
-Miner 2049'er
-Yoomp!

Atari Lynx (2 games)
-Asteroids + Missile Command

-Warbirds

Atari Jaguar (6 games)
-Atari Karts
-Cybermorph
-Fight for Life
-Missile Command 3D
-Tempest 2000
-Trevor McFur

Arcade (7 games)
-Asteroids
-Centipede
-Food Fight
-Major Havoc
-Millipede
-Pong
-Tempest

Reimagined (6 games)
-Haunted Houses
-Neo Breakout
-Quadratank
-Swordquest Airworld
-Vctr Sctr
-Yar's Revenge Reimagined

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 3:36 PM, Atariboy said:

Looks like retail copies are confirmed.

https://www.target.com/p/atari-50-the-anniversary-celebration-nintendo-switch/-/A-87457287

They've also recently confirmed that Race (Indy 500) and Warbirds for the Lynx are included.

Atari 2600 (30 games)
-3-D Tic-Tac-Toe
-Adventure
-Asteroids
-Breakout
-Canyon Bomber
-Combat
-Dark Chambers
-Dodge 'Em
-Demons to Diamonds
-Gravitar
-Haunted House
-Millipede
-Miner 2049'er
-Missile Command
-Outlaw
-Race
-Realsports Baseball
-Realsports Basketball
-Realsports Boxing
-Realsports Football
-Realsports Soccer
-Realsports Tennis
-Realsports Volleyball
-Solaris
-Surround
-Swordquest: Earthworld
-Swordquest: Fireworld
-Swordquest: Waterworld
-Warlords
-Yars' Revenge

Atari 5200 (6 games)
-Bounty Bob Strikes Back
-Centipede (While seemingly absent in the game selection menu, a video clip from Atari's commercial for it is used at one point)
-Millipede
-Missile Command
-Star Raiders
-Super Breakout

Atari 7800 (5 games)
-Asteroids
-Basketbrawl
-Centipede
-Ninja Golf
-Scrapyard Dog

Atari 8-bit computers (4 games)
-Caverns of Mars
-Food Fight
-Miner 2049'er
-Yoomp!

Atari Lynx (2 games)
-Asteroids + Missile Command

-Warbirds

Atari Jaguar (6 games)
-Atari Karts
-Cybermorph
-Fight for Life
-Missile Command 3D
-Tempest 2000
-Trevor McFur

Arcade (7 games)
-Asteroids
-Centipede
-Food Fight
-Major Havoc
-Millipede
-Pong
-Tempest

Reimagined (6 games)
-Haunted Houses
-Neo Breakout
-Quadratank
-Swordquest Airworld
-Vctr Sctr
-Yar's Revenge Reimagined

Cool! Thank you, Atariboy!

And its only 39 Bux!

So... strange omissions, strange inclusions. Some exciting stuff, some blah stuff. Too many repeats. 

APB, Paperboy, Star Wars, Crystal Castles, Battlezone, Pitfighter, Tetris, Klax, Black Widow, Quantum, Gauntlet, Xybots, Roadblasters, Vindicators, Road Runner, Lunar Lander, Rampart, Area 51, Kangaroo, San Francisco Rush, Primal Rage, Marble Madness, Midnight Mutants, Alien Brigade, Rescue on Fractalus, Planet Smashers, Desert Falcon, Pole Position I & II, Asteroids Deluxe, Dreadnaught Factor, Alien vs. Predator, Counter Measure... so many games omitted that would help paint a more complete picture of the good stuff Atari was really about. Still... pretty stoked over what this thing is gonna bring. CANT WAIT!

Edited by Cousin Vinnie

Digital Eclipse and Atari SA have quoted 90+ games, so there's at least 25 more games yet to be confirmed. So we might still get a bit of that list.

I'd bet on several of the 7800 titles you listed in particular (Although Midnight Mutants probably is out). And I suspect Crystal Castles (2600 & arcade), Black Widow, Countermeasure, Asteroids Deluxe, Desert Falcon (2600) and Lunar Lander (I thought I saw a Lunar Lander inspired segment in Vctr Sctr) all stand a good chance as well. Quantum perhaps is a long shot, but Arcade1Up I believe has included it on a cabinet so I imagine it's legally cleared and was available to Digital Eclipse.

Ignoring the ST footage of Asteroids Deluxe in the reveal trailer (Digital Eclipse has confirmed that no ST games are included), I believe the community has spotted 66 titles so far that appear to be here based off an appearance somewhere or another. And of those I think 5200 Centipede is the only one that is questionable since we've seen the C category for the 5200 game selection menu where it would be located with no sign of it.

The Centipede tv commercial that they included a bit of in the trailer with some 5200 Centipede footage was a cross-platform commercial and also was advertising the 2600 port, which possibly explains how it made it to the trailer while seemingly not being included in the collection. Or like Asteroids Deluxe for the ST in the reveal trailer, it was just another mistake by the person in charge of creating the trailer.

Or perhaps they just added it later and the menu we saw didn't reflect the updated game list. They made it real clear in a StoneAgeGamer podcast that the game list grew significantly during development as they kept adding in games.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The full list is out. Here's the additions (And a few subtractions) from the titles that the community have been mentioned or spotted in various clips and screenshots that have been released previously. Titles denoted by an * are additions.

Atari 2600 (8 games added)

• 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe
  • Adventure
  • Air Sea Battle *
  • Asteroids
  • Basic Math *
  • Breakout
  • Canyon Bomber
  • Centipede *
  • Combat
  • Combat Two *
  • Crystal Castles *
  • Dark Chambers
  • Dodge 'Em
  • Demons to Diamonds
  • Fatal Run *
  • Gravitar
  • Haunted House
  • Millipede
  • Miner 2049'er
  • Missile Command
  • Outlaw
  • Quadrun *
  • Race
  • Realsports Baseball
  • Realsports Basketball
  • Realsports Boxing
  • Realsports Football
  • Realsports Soccer
  • Realsports Tennis
  • Realsports Volleyball
  • Solaris
  • Super Breakout *
  • Surround
  • Swordquest: Earthworld
  • Swordquest: Fireworld
  • Swordquest: Waterworld
  • Warlords
  • Yars' Revenge

Atari 5200 (Centipede removed)

• Bounty Bob Strikes Back
  • Millipede
  • Missile Command
  • Star Raiders ("+ Enhanced Version")
  • Super Breakout 

Atari 800 (1 game added; Yoomp! removed)

• Bounty Bob Strikes Back *
  • Caverns of Mars
  • Food Fight
  • Miner 2049'er

Atari 7800 (2 games added)

• Asteroids
  • Basketbrawl
  • Centipede
  • Dark Chambers *
  • Fatal Run *
  • Ninja Golf
  • Scrapyard Dog

Atari Jaguar (3 games added)

• Atari Karts
  • Club Drive *
  • Cybermorph
  • Evolution Dino Dudes *
  • Fight for Life
  • Missile Command 3D
  • Ruiner Pinball *
  • Tempest 2000
  • Trevor McFur

Atari Lynx (4 games added)

• Basketbrawl *
  • Malibu Bikini Volleyball *
  • Scrapyard Dog *
  • Super Asteroids + Missile Command
  • Turbo Sub *
  • Warbirds

Handheld (New category; 1 game added)

• Touch Me *

Arcade (17 games added; Additions never included in earlier console, handheld, and PC collections are italicized)

• Akka Arrh *
  • Asteroids
  • Asteroids Deluxe *
  • Black Widow *
  • Breakout *
  • Centipede
  • Cloak & Dakker *
  • Crystal Castles *
  • Food Fight (Previously saw a release via Game Room for the Xbox 360)
  • Gravitar *
  • I, Robot *
  • Liberator *
  • Lunar Lander *
  • Major Havoc
  • Maze Invaders *
  • Millipede
  • Missile Command *
  • Pong
  • Quantum *
  • Space Duel *
  • Sprint 8 *
  • Super Breakout *
  • Tempest
  • Warlords *

For absences that stood out, I'm surprised that they didn't toss all their cleared 7800 content here (Especially Food Fight) and Lynx (I thought for instance that Checkered Flag was a sure bet after it saw an Evercade release). And not a single homebrew made the cut.

For additions, I'm quite pleased by several unexpected arcade games, although I wish Night Driver was here. And I'm sure everyone is surprised to see the Jaguar list grow a bit. And the inclusion of Touch Me is cool (I wish Video Music was here with mp3 support).

And I wonder what this enhanced version of Star Raiders for the 5200 is that's on the list?

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Too bad they couldn't get Yoomp! worked in. It's an amazing A8 game and shows that modern-era homebrews are capable of fantastic stuff on period hardware. I'm frankly surprised they pulled 5200 Centipede. It's the most arcade-accurate of any of the console versions. 

• Like 3