IGNORED

Wanted: Excellent condition (and working!) Sony DV Camcorder

eightbit

I have been recording family videos since 2004 using a Sony DV camcorder. That one was smashed at my daughter's birthday party in around 2008 (one of the kids grabbed the tripod leg!) and I promptly picked up another Sony brand DV camcorder and used that until 2011 when I was flooded out and the flood took that one.

Some time later I made the mistake of purchasing a Canon brand DV camcorder which did not handle 16-bit audio (12-bit only) and as such could not play back all of the audio in previous videos I took where I used 16-bit audio. Frustrating. 

Then, I made the mistake again of purchasing another Canon DV camcorder (an Elura model this time) and while it could handle the video and 16-bit audio, it had a habit of either not being able to eject tapes or just turning off for no reason.

All of the videos I ripped over the years were of course large (RAW video data) and at the time HDD space was a premium, so I had to rip them one at a time and then compress/convert them with Handbrake. But nowadays, HDD space is abundant and I want to re-rip the tapes and keep the RAW data without conversion.

All of that said, I am looking for a good condition, good working Sony brand DV camcorder. If the battery is dead that is OK, I will pick up another one. But I need the camera to function well.

If anyone has one that they are no longer using (hopefully with the charger, maybe accessories?) that they would like to give up please PM me. I have various old PC hardware to trade if that is something you are looking for.

Thanks!

Edited by eightbit