IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

Listen..Just because im boxing up orders for an Intellivision Pony game doesnt mean……..…oh nevermind. 

image.jpg

Just embrace it!

You could sell those shirts and give all proceeds to getting Amico made.

It is hard to believe that the charity shell may be the closest thing to an Amico anyone gets. Besides devs and employees of course.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

You could sell those shirts and give all proceeds to getting Amico made.

haha yeah right.

Just thought of this.  If you are going to release kiddy games. Make them awesome like Unlucky Pony! 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

I remember the 70s and 80s.  Plenty of "coming soon" video games that took ages to show up and some not at all.

Absolutely.  Couldn't wait for my Atariage and Electronic Games magazines to show up.

Getting the latest list of vaporware was the way life was.

Hoping the software and futuristic hardware was coming soon, if it all.

Atari did a good job of releasing things they talked about, but other publications got the pie in the sky stuff.

But we had hope in our hearts!  So many Parker Brother games I am still waiting to play on my Intellivision!

• Like 1

Well at least the Intellivision name will live on when my Evercade fires up Intellivision collection 2 later this week.  As long as I can play Cloudy Mountain I don't need an Amico. 

Now, that remake of Cloudy Mountain that was shown in brief bits looked interesting... perhaps it'll come out on another platform in the future.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Rev said:

That phrase seems familiar.

I didn't say I invented the phrase. ? I said I was the first to add ™️ at the end of it in Tommy's AtariAge topic. Then (almost) everyone jumped on the ™️ wagon.

8 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Maybe they abandoned the Amico trademark because they're going to call the new console the "Twist"

I think they should rename it the Dumpster Fire™️, and use the LEDs around the (Ferrari red) console to simulate a perpetual fire effect. ?

Also, neither of us can move a topic from a section to another, so I don't see the point of debating that. I agree it should have been in modern consoles, but there it is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

I remember the 70s and 80s.  Plenty of "coming soon" video games that took ages to show up and some not at all.

Yeah, but minus the social media circus (thank gods). All you saw was maybe a preview in a mag or a letter to the editor once a month. And now? Amico existed 95% in the social media sphere and, lest we forget, AA was TT's stronghold at some point, with quite a few people drinking his peculiar brand of Kool Aid here. Could be the reason these threads still keep popping up...a sort of delayed echo, if you will.

Amusingly, good ol' Tommy is listed as a top Top Member of this board. Oh, the irony...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

Now, that remake of Cloudy Mountain that was shown in brief bits looked interesting... perhaps it'll come out on another platform in the future.

I would encourage you to check out two games. Children of Morta is a game I am currently playing and enjoying. It even has 2 player local so if you have a buddy who wants to slash things up with you. 

Another one you can often find cheap is Mana Spark. I really enjoyed this one. I would recommend also getting the DLC. Even with DLC I got it for under $5 and it often goes on sale. The DLC adds two player in addition to other things. 

They don't have the name "Cloudy Mountain" but they really are the evolution of the game genre.

@thread

New application filed for "Intellivision Amico"

Here

Note the old serial# and the new

@Adam1977

Yes, the old trademarks are still active and registered.

We were discussing 4 of the recent trademarks since Intellivision's change of ownership

Due to how uspto works, you may get "session expired" message instead of the direct links. In this case:

(1)https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/search

(2)click "TESS" under "Search trademark database

(3)Next page click "Basic Word Mark Search" under "Select A Search Option"

(4)Next page enter "Intellivision" under "Search Term" and click "Submit Query" being sure to leave the default of "live and dead" checked, so you can see both marks

(5)Next page both should be at top of list (today)

If all else fails use the general summary page:https://uspto.report/company/Intellivision-Entertainment-L-L-C

Just keep in mind that page does not list "status" of each mark, but they should all be clickable.

Edited by number6
Added instructions
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, number6 said:

@thread

New application filed for "Intellivision Amico"

Here

Note the old serial# and the new

@Adam1977

Yes, the old trademarks are still active and registered.

We were discussing 4 of the recent trademarks since Intellivision's change of ownership

Yep.   USTPO even worked on the 4th to rush this through. See yall?   Amico is releasing this year, down with the haters. Boooo 

But will it release with online leaderboards, online store? Will the NFT Marketplace work?   Will the 8 boxed RFID cards scan correctly?  

Also, the registered address is the UPS store.  No more offices???? 

CCEB8510-D51A-4642-BCF5-CA7C621938F8.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

@Rev

Actually if you read the process on the former filing for this mark, it does not occur quite as fast as you might be indicating?

New application will be assigned to an examining attorney approximately 6 months after filing date.

If it makes it through that stage then it gets published, followed by a period when opposition may or may not be filed. 

12 minutes ago, number6 said:

@Rev

Actually if you read the process on the former filing for this mark, it does not occur quite as fast as you might be indicating?

If it makes it through that stage then it gets published, followed by a period when opposition may or may not be filed. 

These Gov offices take forever to file anything. Who knows how long any of it takes. 

Why file a whole new TM instead of using the old one.  Strange. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

These Gov offices take forever to file anything. Who knows how long any of it takes. 

Why file a whole new TM instead of using the old one.  Strange. 

I explained the logic in post #29.

That particular trademark for "Intellivision Amico" was headed for its 5th and final extension to show use or it would expire.

By abandoning it they are simply indicating they are not confident they can show show use in commerce for this mark by this November.

They did spend a lot on keeping this mark alive prior to this.

Since we all seem to be in agreement this mark was/is important to them, it makes perfect sense to have refiled, no?

It also makes sense they would have to abandon the 1st filing before making the new filing, since identical marks would not pass muster.

• Like 1

Would it be "moving the goalposts" to suggest that achieving the bare minimum basics of business, like keeping your trademarks current, is not exactly a high bar? 

That Phil Adam, he's quite a CEO! Why, just the other day, he was observed wearing pants AND shoes!

I remember when this was supposed to be a toy that people wanted to buy, enjoy, use for years with family and friends, an ecosystem of software and a community of fun. Now it's down to "look, they DID file paperwork after all!"

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Would it be "moving the goalposts" to suggest that achieving the bare minimum basics of business, like keeping your trademarks current, is not exactly a high bar? 

That Phil Adam, he's quite a CEO! Why, just the other day, he was observed wearing pants AND shoes!

I remember when this was supposed to be a toy that people wanted to buy, enjoy, use for years with family and friends, an ecosystem of software and a community of fun. Now it's down to "look, they DID file paperwork after all!"

Yep! We should all be talking about the upcoming games etc. 

Now the convo is if the company is alive or not. When this was on the launchpad 2 years ago.  

So, yes Its alive:

https://www.ign.com/articles/intellivision-amico-still-in-development-ceo-trademark-live

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

Yep! We should all be talking about the upcoming games etc. 

Now the convo is if the company is alive or not. When this was on the launchpad 2 years ago.  

So, yes Its alive:

https://www.ign.com/articles/intellivision-amico-still-in-development-ceo-trademark-live

Rather misleading.

https://uspto.report/company/Intellivision-Entertainment-L-L-C

There are clearly 2 different serial numbers for 2 different "Intellivision Amico" trademarks, the abandoned one and the new filing.

The article leaves a different impression imo.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I would encourage you to check out two games. Children of Morta is a game I am currently playing and enjoying. It even has 2 player local so if you have a buddy who wants to slash things up with you. 

Another one you can often find cheap is Mana Spark. I really enjoyed this one. I would recommend also getting the DLC. Even with DLC I got it for under $5 and it often goes on sale. The DLC adds two player in addition to other things. 

They don't have the name "Cloudy Mountain" but they really are the evolution of the game genre.

I think I'll have to check these out!  Thanks!

And people said that nothing good could come from these threads about the Amico.  :)

• Haha 4