IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

39 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Seems the quote was "he can say whatever he wants, man."   And if we wanna get all literal about it, that's way worse, since that means not only can he "lie if he wants," but they're also giving him a free pass for racism, hate speech, slander, threats, etc.  Whatever he wants, man...

Really?  You could be right as I didn't watch (and have no intention of watching) the original, but in this one, they're talking about Tommy's record and the dude says "it was given to him, he can say whatever he wants."   So they gave Tommy's records to a youtuber?  That's just mean...

If you listen to what he was saying before he was interrupted, he's clearly talking about the youtuber.  The whole segment is about the youtuber.  Either way if you want to interpret or paraphrase someone you shouldn't put it in quotes.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

They were talking about hbomberguy video and Tommy's lies, which is when DJC justified by saying "He can say whatever he wants", and that people pointing out the lies were just nitpicking. He was clearly saying it about Tommy I can't believe it needs explaining.

It doesn't. mr_me is a full on troll. He only posts to annoy and oppose anyone and anything possible. There is a type of person that find joy from that sort of thing (it takes all types) and mr_me is one of them. He has made that abundantly clear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Shawn said:

It doesn't. mr_me is a full on troll. He only posts to annoy and oppose anyone and anything possible. There is a type of person that find joy from that sort of thing (it takes all types) and mr_me is one of them. He has made that abundantly clear.

I think you might be right! It would certainly make the most sense at this point.

So in 2018, right around the time the Amico was first announced, my personal life got very very busy and I had to take a fairly large step back from this entire community. I was gonna sign on as an early dev but I just had to basically abandon hobby stuff for a while.

WHAT THE CRAP JUST HAPPENED? I thought COVID broke the world, but that seems to be nothing compared to this. Thank god I had thread notifications etc turned off, because did I see a 1200+ page thread on this??

Can someone catch me up?

PS: I learned today that hbomberguy is ridiculously funny.

Edited by freewheel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, freewheel said:

So in 2018, right around the time the Amico was first announced, my personal life got very very busy and I had to take a fairly large step back from this entire community. I was gonna sign on as an early dev but I just had to basically abandon hobby stuff for a while.

WHAT THE CRAP JUST HAPPENED? I thought COVID broke the world, but that seems to be nothing compared to this. Thank god I had thread notifications etc turned off, because did I see a 1200+ page thread on this??

Can someone catch me up?

Sure thing!  One word: Vaporware.  Or, perhaps, to give it a title: Terror of the Coleco Chameleon-like.  I am sure someone can provide a detailed Cliff Notes on it if you so desire.

6 hours ago, rayik said:

*Patent pending

The Karma Engine™️ provided by Intellivision Entertainment is for illustrative purposes only. Being based on the assumption advanced players will let others win if they're too far behind, we make no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of the Karma Engine™️. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF YOUR $100 DEPOSIT OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMMON SENSE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE PRE-ORDER OF THE AMICO. YOUR USE OF YOUR MONEY AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY A YOUTUBER WANNABE WITH SWEATBANDS IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Shawn said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, freewheel said:

Can someone catch me up?

Tommy lies,

Tommy builds a cult of morons, idiots, sheep, and lemmings,

Blows $17 million,

Stops paying devs,

Tommy pushed out,

Lies about pushed out,

New CEO fires everyone,

From 2018-present is longest game of kick the can,

Tommy stops being friends with said morons,

Stop paying back 100% fully refundable refunds,

Cultists morons, like mrme, still continue to defend, and want to exploit children to make people stop talking about it.

If you were hoping to be a dev for Amico be glad you dodged a bullet. They only have around 6000 preorders, so the ceiling on sales of your game wouldn't be good, even if it managed to come out.

16 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I think you might be right! It would certainly make the most sense at this point.

Screenshot_20230117_202734_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4eda4310fec7fc14c993ffc6f86d8b66.jpg

If you need help on how to do this I will be more than happy to help. I believe in public service.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

They were talking about hbomberguy video and Tommy's lies, which is when DJC justified by saying "He can say whatever he wants", and that people pointing out the lies were just nitpicking. He was clearly saying it about Tommy I can't believe it needs explaining.

It's still an example of taking something said about something specific and applying it to everything else, in this case through a misquote.  (And I did delete what I originally wrote here.)

20 hours ago, Shawn said:

You're annoyed that I pointed out a clear misquote saying someone said something they didn't.  Seems like the right thing to do.  This comment is a complete personal mischaracterisation of a forum user, personal attacks like this rather than addressing the subject of discussion are very inappropriate.

Edited by mr_me

21 hours ago, freewheel said:

Can someone catch me up?

I was in the same boat as you, I remember when Tommy was on here regularly and that's when I kind of gave up on following the project. Like most people I was confused if it was supposed to just be re-made INTV/retro games, a modern games console or what. I'm not big on gaming YouTubers, but the CUPodcast episodes around the Amico have been entertaining to pop on and listen to when you've got some spare time. While all of this drama was happening Blaze managed to release the Evercade, a thing that really exists at a reasonable price point and does allow "couch co-op". 

• Like 2

I'd think that the only things the Amico ever had going for it was the zombie brand power of Intellivision and the cult of Tommy, maybe worth about 20K in sales between them if it could be delivered on time and under budget.

Suffice it to say that neither of those ever seemed particularly compelling to me.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

It's still an example of taking something said about something specific and applying it to everything else, in this case through a misquote.  (And I did delete what I originally wrote here.)

You're annoyed that I pointed out a clear misquote saying someone said something they didn't.  Seems like the right thing to do.  This comment is a complete personal mischaracterisation of a forum user, personal attacks like this rather than addressing the subject of discussion are very inappropriate.

No,  My post was commentary directed towards your behavior as a whole where this topic is concerned. Not just one instance. 

EDIT: It's not mischaracterization, It's not an attack, It's an accurate observation. It's very appropriate to make such remarks in a situation like this. You are part of a problem on purpose. If you are ignorantly posting away as you have (and it's not willful as the majority believe and agree it is), The problem at hand you are dealing with is even larger than I could have ever imagined and for that I will apologize and try to express the most sincere empathy towards your situation. 

Edited by Shawn
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, mr_me said:

"I don't understand why no one wants to tolerate my presence anymore!!!! WHY ARE PEOPLE ANNOYED WITH ME?"

You've been lying through your teeth about the Amico here for years. You lied through your teeth on every Reddit post. The people are over it. You're getting an EXTREMELY APPROPRIATE response. How are you confused? mr_me is a chronic, exposed liar. This is integral to his character.

Edited by zapzapzac
  • Haha 1

There's nothing accurate in the motives or explanations that were fabricated above.

It's just a distraction from the point about taking one phrase the guy in the livestream said about something very specific and applying it to something else.  That alone is a distortion of what he said.  Then on top of that he was quoted saying something he didn't in order to support it.  At least people here are now aware of the misquote.

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

There's nothing accurate in the motives or explanations that were fabricated above.

It's just a distraction from the point about taking one phrase the guy in the livestream said about something very specific and applying it to something else.  That alone is a distortion of what he said.  Then on top of that he was quoted saying something he didn't in order to support it.  At least people here are now aware of the misquote.

Everything you write is a distraction from the truth.

• Like 2

Slight change of pace one can place in the "where are they now?" category.

Some may find it interesting to hear Neil talk about trends such as more influencers (principally celebrities) becoming brand evangelists. This should ring a bell re:IE. Pitfalls concerning this are mentioned, such as when said celebrity attempts to stretch beyond their initial "use" of drawing attention to a product into actual involvement in running a company. Any of this ring a bell?

Celebrity involvement mentioned around the 21 minute mark

• Like 1