IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

On 1/24/2023 at 10:14 AM, Rev said:

Shills are a dime a dozen

Seems to me you can get them for even less than that. Especially if they don't value their dignity and reputation. 

On 1/24/2023 at 12:53 PM, Shawn said:

It doesn't. mr_me is a full on troll. He only posts to annoy and oppose anyone and anything possible. There is a type of person that find joy from that sort of thing (it takes all types) and mr_me is one of them. He has made that abundantly clear.

He does it very passive-aggressively, too -- always very careful and polite so as to fly under the radar of a moderator only looking at one post at a time. 

6 hours ago, number6 said:

Slight change of pace one can place in the "where are they now?" category.

Some may find it interesting to hear Neil talk about trends such as more influencers (principally celebrities) becoming brand evangelists. This should ring a bell re:IE. Pitfalls concerning this are mentioned, such as when said celebrity attempts to stretch beyond their initial "use" of drawing attention to a product into actual involvement in running a company. Any of this ring a bell?

If Neil Patel were so rich and successful, why does he need to make his money selling such blatant, obvious trash? 

This was recommended in Reddit and it’s a lot of fun. He name checks Neil Patel in particular.

Short version:

1. Rich people don’t need to show pictures of themselves with celebs and fancy cars to appear successful

2. A professional will let you pay as you go, and won’t demand $5000 up front for a course in how to get rich

3. People who got rich by selling courses in how to get rich haven’t accomplished anything

4. People who use TedX and The Secret are only worthy of mockery and contempt

5. The longer the bio, the less someone has accomplished

That’s all I recall offhand but I enjoyed listening.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 1/25/2023 at 12:30 PM, MCHufnagel said:

Why would anyone even want an Amico now after the Evercade has come out? 😵

Do you hate Pat and Ian? If so Amico is for you!!!

If you don't hate them, then do you hate Nintendo? If you do Amico is for you!!!

If neither of those apply, then are you scared of any gaming post 80-90s? If so Amico is for you!!!!

If those don't apply then you aren't part of 3.2 billions of casual gamers and you are a big gaming racist.

11 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

You'll find your experience here a lot more pleasant if you block/ignore the WELL KNOWN forum troll RedditShreddit/Mr_Me.    Nobody here (or anywhere for that matter) pays any attention to what he has to say.   

Don't engage him, that's what he craves.   

I can attest to how this works wonders for reading threads. When I blocked Tommy here on AA it took like 75% of the BS out of the threads. I use to have some others like Swami blocked, who is oddly silent anymore. 🤣

Muting mrme basically removes the remaining percentage of BS surrounding the Amico. Besides he likes exploiting kids and has a thing against my toddler so why bother? Shawn as Tommy would say, NAILED IT!

In other news I heard the Amico is coming soon!

This was also a good watch.

All these guys are now crying online for finally being called out after 3 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Seems to me you can get them for even less than that. Especially if they don't value their dignity and reputation. 

He does it very passive-aggressively, too -- always very careful and polite so as to fly under the radar of a moderator only looking at one post at a time. 

If Neil Patel were so rich and successful, why does he need to make his money selling such blatant, obvious trash? 

This was recommended in Reddit and it’s a lot of fun. He name checks Neil Patel in particular.

Short version:

1. Rich people don’t need to show pictures of themselves with celebs and fancy cars to appear successful

2. A professional will let you pay as you go, and won’t demand $5000 up front for a course in how to get rich

3. People who got rich by selling courses in how to get rich haven’t accomplished anything

4. People who use TedX and The Secret are only worthy of mockery and contempt

5. The longer the bio, the less someone has accomplished

That’s all I recall offhand but I enjoyed listening.

Thank you for this. I listened to the entire discussion. Excellent on your bullet points as well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

If that sort of thing is happening they'd know, the moderators are really good.  Plus it's against the rules so if you see it you can report it.

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

If that sort of thing is happening they'd know, the moderators are really good.  Plus it's against the rules so if you see it you can report it.

Indeed, I can confirm they were really good at detecting Tommy's (not so) passive-aggressive behavior, and at banning us each time we broke the rule of disagreeing politely with him. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Muting mrme basically removes the remaining percentage of BS surrounding the Amico. Besides he likes exploiting kids and has a thing against my toddler so why bother? 

Wait, whuh?  I've always agreed that he gets his kicks trolling peeps because there's no logical way he could believe some of the nonsense he was trying to spout, but I've never seen any kid exploitation or anything against your toddler.  That a "messaged you privately" kind of thing, or you pulling from Tommy's playbook and sharing one helluva exaggeration as a fact?

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Wait, whuh?  I've always agreed that he gets his kicks trolling peeps because there's no logical way he could believe some of the nonsense he was trying to spout, but I've never seen any kid exploitation or anything against your toddler.  That a "messaged you privately" kind of thing, or you pulling from Tommy's playbook and sharing one helluva exaggeration as a fact?

He couldn't say he disapproved of people threatening to show pictures of my kid to get me to shut up. (Well the guy they threatened, isn't me but they think it's me).

He has said me and others shouldn't ridicule IE and such. So my question was a pretty softball one, that any reasonable person would say, "I totally disapprove of that." He could not or would not say that.

Some of the shills were assholes towards me and mine, but I spoke out against anytime someone wanted to dox them and such. But then again I don't value a non-existent console or company over other people.

So while I am being a little hyperbolic, he refused to say he disapproved of people doing that. And the people doing that are people he's agreed with in the past. So, he approves.

Let me ask you, to prove a point. Do you approve of people threatening to show kid pictures in order for them to stop talking about Amico, pro or con?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

So while I am being a little hyperbolic, he refused to say he disapproved of people doing that. And the people doing that are people he's agreed with in the past. So, he approves.

Meh, that’s where we disagree, though.  I don’t think a “non-answer” should equal the worst possible outcome by default.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Let me ask you, to prove a point. Do you approve of people threatening to show kid pictures in order for them to stop talking about Amico, pro or con?

That really doesn’t prove a point though, I don't think.  I have no problem answering that, and I agree it should be a soft, easy question, but if I didn’t want to discuss it for whatever reason (not comfortable, felt inappropriate, part of my trolling plan, etc) – that shouldn’t automatically mean I’m found guilty of being a crap human in the Court of Beefy.  🤣   (good sitcom name if anyone wants to use it)

• Haha 2

These threads are weird. They fervently talk about non-influential go-nowhere consoles and the noises surrounding them. Kinda like the overrevved flywheel that has to sit there and spin-down. Or that troublemaker child that has to be put in the corner to cool off. 

..meantime while that's happening.

On 1/19/2023 at 5:28 AM, jgkspsx said:

Evercade has a home console as well as two handheld models. As @roots.genoa said, it launched with homebrew/indie games as a small part of its portfolio, but that seems to be where they’re finding the most acclaim, and also offering the best value proposition - multiple games on a physical cartridge that ends up being cheaper than the full price digital download copies. I think creators must be accepting lower royalties because they’re so happy to have their games distributed on a physical cartridge. I was skeptical it would be a success, but in its fourth year now it only seems to be growing.

Evercade seems to be doing well enough. And Amico should have done a similar model and not gotten wrapped up in all that they did.

Evercade seems to be simple model of console and cartridge. No nonsensical NFT or RFID or anything having to do with subscriptions and "digital". No noise or drama either. It just kinda showed up. And if it makes sense, word-of-mouth takes care of the rest.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Recycled said:

Plus no "couch co-op!"

Actually with the Evercade VS Console, you have "Couch Co-op"!  I played my friend in a game of Black and White Atari (Arcade) Canyon Bomber and it was more fun than it had any right to be!  And I guarantee (for my tastes) that it was more fun than any crap game IE will ever put out (If they ever decide to even put out Any games,  that is)...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

He couldn't say he disapproved of people threatening to show pictures of my kid to get me to shut up. (Well the guy they threatened, isn't me but they think it's me).

He has said me and others shouldn't ridicule IE and such. So my question was a pretty softball one, that any reasonable person would say, "I totally disapprove of that." He could not or would not say that.

Some of the shills were assholes towards me and mine, but I spoke out against anytime someone wanted to dox them and such. But then again I don't value a non-existent console or company over other people.

38 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Meh, that’s where we disagree, though.  I don’t think a “non-answer” should equal the worst possible outcome by default.

That really doesn’t prove a point though, I don't think.  I have no problem answering that, and I agree it should be a soft, easy question, but if I didn’t want to discuss it for whatever reason (not comfortable, felt inappropriate, part of my trolling plan, etc) – that shouldn’t automatically mean I’m found guilty of being a crap human in the Court of Beefy.  🤣   (good sitcom name if anyone wants to use it)

FWIW,  I could see this one both ways...

mr_me doesn't like to be cornered and in remaining slippery,  he doesn't like to answer questions unless he feels like it.  No Specific Disapproval does not automatically mean Tacit Approval.  I do recall him saying things about some of IE's (and IE's fans') bad behavior and him being against it...But I don't remember specifics.  However that said,  I'm also pretty sure Mr. Beefy would remember if he had come out (specifically) against it.  Anyway, I'll bet he's never said he's for it...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Keatah said:

These threads are weird. They fervently talk about non-influential go-nowhere consoles and the noises surrounding them. Kinda like the overrevved flywheel that has to sit there and spin-down. Or that troublemaker child that has to be put in the corner to cool off. 

Evercade seems to be doing well enough. And Amico should have done a similar model and not gotten wrapped up in all that they did.

Evercade seems to be simple model of console and cartridge. No nonsensical NFT or RFID or anything having to do with subscriptions and "digital". No noise or drama either. It just kinda showed up. And if it makes sense, word-of-mouth takes care of the rest.

You know the situation is totally fucked when you and I are on the same page. In this case, we have common ground. That says A LOT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Keatah said:

Yeah, I think it’s human nature that’s weird though, not necessarily these threads.  A train wreck with a bloviating asshat of a conductor will draw more attention than the train that made it on time with no issue.  Fyre Festival got major attention, big news, and a documentary (maybe more) while Newport Folk Festival was quite successful but we didn’t hear much chatter about one.  

29 minutes ago, Shawn said:

You know the situation is totally fucked when you and I are on the same page. In this case, we have common ground. That says A LOT.

This mess was royally screwed long before you guys started agreeing   🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Keatah said:

The most cost effective way to distribute software is digital downloads, and it's also the quickest way.  The old retro games on Evercade cartridges would normally sell for a fraction on an online store compared to their cartridges.  But doing that would lose much of the cartridge collecting appeal with its audience.  Amico games are all digital downloads, and the vast majority of game sales were expected through their online store, not subscriptions.  

Evercade games were developed long ago, they have practically no development costs, people already know the games, they're already pirated so they don't have to worry about that. They don't have to worry about getting a sufficient install base to attract developers.  The Amico was about new games, some modernised retro-remakes, some party games, casual games, mostly focused on local multiplayer.  So the Amico business model and audience was a lot different.

33 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

FWIW,  I could see this one both ways...

mr_me doesn't like to be cornered and in remaining slippery,  he doesn't like to answer questions unless he feels like it.  No Specific Disapproval does not automatically mean Tacit Approval.  I do recall him saying things about some of IE's (and IE's fans') bad behavior and him being against it...But I don't remember specifics.  However that said,  I'm also pretty sure Mr. Beefy would remember if he had come out (specifically) against it.  Anyway, I'll bet he's never said he's for it...

Being singled out like that is itself harassment.  Don't feed harassment.  There's been a lot of bad behaviour all around this thing.  Things need to get better not worse.

22 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Evercade games were developed long ago, they have practically no development costs, people already know the games, they're already pirated so they don't have to worry about that.

Right now almost a third of the Evercade library is modern homebrew. There are three games that run natively on the hardware and at least one console exclusive, and that ratio is only going to increase.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The most cost effective way to distribute software is digital downloads, and it's also the quickest way.  The old retro games on Evercade cartridges would normally sell for a fraction on an online store compared to their cartridges.  But doing that would lose much of the cartridge collecting appeal with its audience.  Amico games are all digital downloads, and the vast majority of game sales were expected through their online store, not subscriptions.  

Evercade games were developed long ago, they have practically no development costs, people already know the games, they're already pirated so they don't have to worry about that. They don't have to worry about getting a sufficient install base to attract developers.  The Amico was about new games, some modernised retro-remakes, some party games, casual games, mostly focused on local multiplayer.  So the Amico business model and audience was a lot different.

Being singled out like that is itself harassment.  Don't feed harassment.  There's been a lot of bad behaviour all around this thing.  Things need to get better not worse.

Agreed that the Amico business model,  If it had come to pass, was different.

As far as singling you out,  well,  I think it was more that you come across as one who still sees this as a viable option,  that Amico may someday release;  And for better or worse it (at very least) Appears that you are ignoring some bad behavior...

Suppose I ask the questions directly,

1)  Would you say Amico is now a scam?  (Whether or not that was the initial intent)  

2)  Would you agree that Tommy knowingly lied multiple times about multiple things when it came to this console?

3)  Is it OK that they (Amico Fanboys) were threatening to show pics of his (Mr. Beefy's) kiddo just to get him to stop asking  unflattering questions?

Answer if you wish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I prefer the Court of Beef. 🤪

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Keatah said:

I love the concept of Evercade. The only hitch up I have is I already have a RPi and the ability to play those games. It will also never have some of the all time best games on it like Nintendo IPs. I could see them potentially getting Sonic games. It was nice to see MegaMan.

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Actually with the Evercade VS Console, you have "Couch Co-op"!  I played my friend in a game of Black and White Atari (Arcade) Canyon Bomber and it was more fun than it had any right to be!  And I guarantee (for my tastes) that it was more fun than any crap game IE will ever put out (If they ever decide to even put out Any games,  that is)...

I would like to see an upgrade to the VS. I'm not sure what the upgrade should be, but I know I like the look of the new handheld better than the old one.

I do think Evercade is extremely appealing from a homebrew perspective.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rev said:

“Digital games is the most cost effective way”

Sure, for the people doing the delivering. Why do so many downloadable new games still cost 50-60 dollars? You dont own them and can not resell them. 

Server upkeep is a cost people don't consider. There is a reason IE didn't have their servers ready (i.e. Fundable). They blew their money.

• Like 1