IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

9 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

Just when I was beginning to enjoy the "quiet period" of this thread, something had to come along and ruin it! 😖

Wake Up Reaction GIF

We were hard at work in the formal production of a forum post. Thankfully this initial post testing allowed us to find a bug  so we can super duper formally post in the thread.

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

This might be Ouyamicos best.

4 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Not me.  It was making me nervous.   I saw it had gone over a day without Beefy posting something and I started to worry that Tommy and his crew got 'im.

They know where I live. They literally had interns stalking people on different social media platforms. I mean I should feel bad for the interns l, but they should have asked the questions, "Why are we following these random people online when they are inconsequential to Amico being made? You said you had the data that it will be great, so just making the console would show their concerns were unfounded right?"

Instead they literally wasted manpower going on hater witch hunts. What losers.

1 hour ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Genuine question for the masses:

Has there been proof of any voluntary refunds issued since Phil declared they were going to work on a "refund queue"?

I've not heard of anything but people being ignored and still waiting, but I'm curious if there's been a single refund. 

Yes, sort of. Cyrus was done and asked for a refund. It was initially ignored. RetroBro reached out with what was probably a WTH type of conversation with Tommy to get Cy's money back. So then they issued it.

Basically they seem to have given refunds to the people who they think would make the most noise or know some of their dirt.

It is funny to see Cy join us, "garbage human beings." No more Amico Joy.

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I got my refund direct from Intellivision Entertainment on March 8 2022. Not a Paypal or Credit Card dispute. 

3 other people I personally know requested refunds right after me, NUMEROUS times, and have not received a refund or ANY communication.

They have pretty much written it off as a loss. 

4F8F42EC-E1DE-4A93-A127-624ABC95E80F.jpeg

See Rev is loud, WHY DO YOU POST ABOUT AMICO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!?!?!?

Sounds like to get their money they need to go past email and directly contact Phil or Tommy. While I would discourage that type of thing, they are ignoring people who they promised could get their money back at any time. It isn't that hard to give people their money back and they will eventually run out of dead relatives to hide behind as shields.

I have always found it kind of cowardly to use family as a shield when you should be the shield for your family. But what do I know? I don't make promises taking millions of dollars without any intention of keeping said promises.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Genuine question for the masses:

Has there been proof of any voluntary refunds issued since Phil declared they were going to work on a "refund queue"?

I've not heard of anything but people being ignored and still waiting, but I'm curious if there's been a single refund. 

This is what they said last June. 

"Because of reduced staff and financing requirements for continued operation, our responses to and processing of these requests has been delayed. Rest assured that our intention is to honor all refund requests. We will allocate a portion of all new funding and staff time to winding down the refund queue,"

So refunds are delayed until there's new funding, and there may not have been any new funding.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

"Because of reduced staff and financing requirements for continued operation, our responses to and processing of these requests has been delayed. Rest assured that our intention is to honor all refund requests. We will allocate a portion of all new funding and staff time to winding down the refund queue,"

So refunds are delayed until there's new funding, and there may not have been any new funding.

Try to keep up with the conversation.  Your cut and paste response is totally irrelevant to the topic being discussed.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

In that same paragraph you partially quoted, Phil also said: "We are slowly processing refund requests... To make sure we see your request, please submit to support@intellivision.com." This indicates in writing that they were still processing requests, at a slower pace.

The question was whether anyone had first-hand experience receiving any voluntary refund directly from Intellivision since that statement (8 months ago) without having to go through disputes. The only refunds I'm aware of, including one I requested two weeks after that email was sent, came only after receiving no response from Intellivision and then filing a dispute with the card agency.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Of course DJC continues to lies for them saying that they are still giving refunds.

We've told you it is called Amico FOREVER! 😤

8 hours ago, Rev said:

I got my refund direct from Intellivision Entertainment on March 8 2022.

We suspect refunds were over after Britnee Themann (and one colleague, maybe) left the company.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MattPilz said:

In that same paragraph you partially quoted, Phil also said: "We are slowly processing refund requests... To make sure we see your request, please submit to support@intellivision.com." This indicates in writing that they were still processing requests, at a slower pace.

The question was whether anyone had first-hand experience receiving any voluntary refund directly from Intellivision since that statement (8 months ago) without having to go through disputes. The only refunds I'm aware of, including one I requested two weeks after that email was sent, came only after receiving no response from Intellivision and then filing a dispute with the card agency.

Yes that was conveyed in the comment to which I responded, so I added what was missing and relevant.  But you're right, I should have been more clear.  Still, it does explain that new money would be used to process refunds which had been delayed, and they were looking for new funding.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Yeah the only thing the company is good at is saying they will do stuff. They definitely aren't doers. The reason they keep doing this is that there are idiots who don't look at evidence and just take the verbal diarrhea as gospel. I mean they totally have their certs right? 🤣 

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I have a funny post on the lauchpad and it will be ready in a week or so™️.

Is it going to be one hell of a ride?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I can't wait to share it with you guys! Stay tuned™️! 😎

Do you offer refunds?

Just kidding... I'm sure the post is coming, and 3B people will finally get to enjoy it... except for the haters who want a refund - it's not for you.

Do you have any previews of the post? Colors? Woodgrain? Exclusive words included in the post? Can I get a boxed version of the words? Are the sentences certified? Do you have enough supply of letters to put together the post? I hear they're more expensive these days.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, mr_me said:

Go back and re-read what you just wrote. 

Nobody is asking for "new funding"

A refund is a simple return of money that was already taken. 

How many times did @Tommy Tallarico insist that any deposits or preorder money was 100% refundable?? 

"delayed refund," as you call it, is indistinguishable from "theft."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

They cut staff because there's no money.  No money is an obvious explanation for refund requests being delayed.

Again, your comment is irrelevant.  The question was whether anyone had received one recently based on some statements saying they were still going out from someone supposedly in the know.  Your information is badly outdated and in no way helpful to the discussion.  Do you actually read what other people write or do you just randomly choose something that sounds similar to you from your cut and paste list?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

How many times did @Tommy Tallarico insist that any deposits or preorder money was 100% refundable??

Phil and John re-affirmed this point on NLG Show Ep. 272, February 10, 2022. It was the exchange below that convinced me to get on the list and subsequently pre-order with $100 down.

Michael Mullis: Knowing what the reality of the situation is, I can also wait. Like, it was a hundred dollars. And just so people -- let's get this out too. For what ever reason, if any of the risk disclosure stuff were to come true, right, people that pre-ordered could still get their deposit back at any time. Right?

Phil Adams: Yes.

Michael Mullis: Okay. So, if you've put down a hundred bucks and you're thinking about canceling your founder's pre-order because you don't think it's coming out... These guys understand that too and that's why they're working hard to get it out. I don't see a reason to cancel your pre-order if you know at any point you can get your deposit back.

Phil Adams: I will tell you a hundred dollars probably means more to some than others. I hate to sit there and take the other side but in reality I don't begrudge somebody. I think they know what they're personal needs are, why should that piss me off or whatever? I get it. There's people waiting to take those units. Right now we have the waiting list. It will create an opportunity for a few more people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Phil and John re-affirmed this point on NLG Show Ep. 272, February 10, 2022. It was the exchange below that convinced me to get on the list and subsequently pre-order with $100 down.

What, specifically, drew you in? The fear of missing out because Phil Adam said the price was going to go up? That was right after their disastrous financial disclosure.

There comes a point where you gotta say, "fool me twice, shame on me!" I hope you get your money back if you can, if that's what you want. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Go back and re-read what you just wrote. 

Nobody is asking for "new funding"

A refund is a simple return of money that was already taken. 

"delayed refund," as you call it, is indistinguishable from "theft."

If you believe that, then you should call the police and tell them a crime has been committed.  It is unlawful to owe money like that but not criminal.  If someone owed money takes the company to court, the judge will order them to pay.  Getting the courts involved can force action, sometimes filing for bankruptcy protection.  Under the previous CEO, requested refunds were paid without issue.

7 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

They owe the money to anyone that requests a refund, they're not denying it.  Things obviously didn't go as planned with their funding attempts.  We know that as they were forced to dismantle the company.

• Confused 3

16 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

We were hard at work in the formal production of a forum post. Thankfully this initial post testing allowed us to find a bug  so we can super duper formally post in the thread.

Edited by rayik
Just need rocket fuel to launch the update post!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They owe the money to anyone that requests a refund, they're not denying it.  Things obviously didn't go as planned with their funding attempts.  We know that as they were forced to dismantle the company.

They don't need funding to issue refunds. This is a circle. How, again, do you not understand this? Tommy is a liar, and you are a liar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

What, specifically, drew you in? The fear of missing out because Phil Adam said the price was going to go up? That was right after their disastrous financial disclosure.

I am interested in all sorts of niche gaming products, which is what I always saw Amico as. I've enjoyed acquiring and playing a lot of systems that weren't commercially successful or long-lived but at least released (Ouya, Atari VCS, Steam Link) as well as many odd-ball computers and game systems from the 1970s-80s that very few have even heard of.

My original draw for Amico in particular was an interest in indie development and homebrew potential, before I recognized that wasn't an angle Tommy was interested in openly embracing. Then I was still interested in it to experience some of the planned exclusive and remade titles, which originally was a very long list including some of my favorites.

When I pre-ordered the FE last year, I did so with the full security of knowing that I had six months to dispute the charges via PayPal if needed. I was willing to let it play out and see how things went, and after four months of more broken promises and no demonstrable progress I went through the refund process. Intellivision never responded and after several weeks I disputed directly with PayPal, which took another 10 days to complete.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, mr_me said:

The most likely outcome is refunds will be delayed indefinitely...

steve martin 1980s GIF

• Haha 1

Really the only way for Intellivision to raise additional funds (to pay the refunds) at this point is to secure additional pre-orders/deposits. I would be shocked if anyone would pay money for a system that is already almost 2.5 years past its original launch date and with no target in sight. 

Back in 2018, 2019, and even 2020, when it was still "pure potential," maybe someone could have taken an investment interest. 

2021, 2022, 2023, with the baggage of a lunatic dragging the company name through the mud in public, obvious mismanagement of the money they had, no remaining staff, and obvious technical problems they don't want to discuss, I agree with you: this is not a company with a bright future. They had their shot, they whiffed it about as badly as can be whiffed. They probably have more anti-fans rooting for another Oof video than viable customers now. 

It's a shame, I thought Keith Robinson was a cool guy and the old Mattel-era games were neat for what they were, in their day. People used to laugh at OUYA for being silly and poorly executed, but that's like Super Nintendo compared to Intellivision Amico. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2