IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

3 Billion Casual Gamers.

(modest)

Hmmm...

Hey Everybody!

PreOrder my new arcade, retro themed reimagined classic family friendly, multiplayer, mature themed, casual solo hardcore gamer console!

Soon to be on the launchpad.

Don't worry,  it's 85% refundable at almost any time!!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

The company talked of modest sales expectations.

You know this isn't even remotely true. Fuck off. Stop coming here and lying about the Amico. There are so many Tommy quotes and documents proving you wrong, please do not write your nonsensical drivel back at me. Thanks!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

In the Neil Patel investor video, when talking about returns for investors, Tommy used 25 million units as the example of doing better which he "fully believed and knew" they would do.

I think Phil more recently revised that number down to 25, of which they appear to have made 2 so far. 😀

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

I used to be anti-Nintendo. At the beginning of all this, I was cheering for the Amico because of the classic games and reimagining of the classics along with motion controlled games. My interest had peaked and I was all in. Fortunately I held to my standards and didn't put any money down on something that didn't exist even though I was going to buy one when it came out. Fast forward years later and all the drama and non-delivery of a product that was supposed to crush Nintendo, I was disappointed to say the least. It was then that I realized the Nintendo Switch was something I was supposed to have all along, instead of a poser, wanna-be product that slapped a name on it from one of my favorite systems from the 80's. If there is anything I can give the Amico credit to, it's showing me what a great company Nintendo is and what great products they put out. Even for someone like me who prefers classic gaming, there is plenty of games to be had on the Switch. So I am man enough to admit that I made a mistake about Nintendo and am thankful that they emerged after the video game crash of 1983. If it wasn't for them, I don't know if any of us would be here talking about video games. The switch is the first new system I have owned since the PS1 and it's one I hope to have for many years. Thanks Amico for showing your true colors! 😎

I didn't own a Switch when all this started. However I wasn't so far removed that I could tell a bunch of Tommy's talking points in regard to the Switch were made up or blown up.

It showed the weakness of Amico as his only play was to tear down another machine, but couldn't actually show why Amico was a good choice. The price hike to $250 made that even more apparent.

The Amico offers nothing not already there by the big three. It's only hope was to be a cheaper option. Even at $150 it probably would have been a failure. Even the price hike to $220 was enough for my wife to say hunt for a Switch during the pandemic and didn't want me to put money towards a console that had no games for her.

The only thing Amico offered was the name Intellivision. Hardly anyone other than me here at AA would have given two of Tommy's craps about this console if it lacked that name.

Truth is there are more options for games now than ever. If you like old games they are there, games that honor the old games and remind you of them, casual games, indie games, and AAA games. If you can't find games you want to play, then the simple truth is that you just don't like video games. And that is okay.

No one has been left behind in gaming unless you clutch onto days of past and can't evolve to try something with a different name. That isn't the industy's fault, but the person's inflexibility and fear of something new. The type of wishcasting in the old ego thread was quite pathetic. Not because people wanted games, but because they were too blinded to see that was already available. They just would rather suck on the tripe served to them by a career habitual liar, than actually look at current games.

Never a better time than now to be a gamer. I find it funny to watch my non-gamer wife play Switch regularly now. She would humor me in the past, but then the Switch changed that. Right now she's experiencing GB Tetris for the first time on the Switch Online feature.

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I'm surprised Tom hasn't come out to say he was only kidding, he left that in as an easter egg, to troll the haters, and to see if people were really paying attention. In every job I've held, this is the kind of dishonesty that would get a person fired. Yankees stuff (putting it in twice since embedding seems broken)

Tommy used AtariAge as a recruitment center, and some of the staff was brainwashed into acting as enforcers for him. Haven't seen most of those people around lately, I wonder why?

That's one of the more disturbing aspects of this scam. The appearance of success brought on more investments. If it were just a crowdfunded e-begging stint, everyone could see exactly how much it made (or failed to make) and it could fail and go away, like the Intellivision and Colecovision kickstarters did. Even when Amico first went on Fig Publishing, they set a $1 goal and dumped their preorder numbers in there, so there was no way they'd fail. Tommy wins again!

It was presented as proof of faith, so Tommy could show investors he was serious and so were the fans. We agree that he should not have said "100% refundable," but it also begs the question: if they were doing so well, why would they have to ask for pre-orders in the first place? Especially since they were not anywhere near going into production? They didn't even have their final price with shipping, the earlybirds were going in blind. 

This fiasco was even more "fire, ready, aim" than Coleco Chameleon, which might have been some middle schooler's art project. 

They blew through $17 million and still couldn't manage to move even 10,000 units. They asked for the money because they knew it was a failure. Their goal was to always sell that lemon off before it broke down on them. They didn't account for investors and potential buyers being smarter than them.

They bragged about their presales and POs and such but had nothing tangible to so an investor/buyer. They could barely even hobble together a possible manufacturing ready console/prototype 2 years after it was "ready to go". 

4 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

According to the new programming, this is a form of harassment. 

They've been harassing my intelligence for years. They seem to struggle with taking the 'L'. Kind of like Wet Rice the author.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

In the Neil Patel investor video, when talking about returns for investors, Tommy used 25 million units as the example of doing better which he "fully believed and knew" they would do.

They were going to get 10x their returns!!!! They were already going to be getting money back in 2021!!!

Yeah they never predicted modest numbers. Only a brainless idiot would think that after all the bloviating from the company.

Screenshot_20230208_203527_Chrome.thumb.jpg.38d159f37c223b052ff684d2d1f6efa6.jpgScreenshot_20230208_203958_Reddit.thumb.jpg.94141d7b6ff193eb6c49911db2c4e5f4.jpg

$25,000,000 is SO modest.

bugs bunny eye roll GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

That's what you took away from reading my entire post?! Why am I surprised?! 🙄🤡🤓

No it's not what I took away but it was the one thing I had a question about.  You weren't the first to say they were suppose to "crush Ninetndo", so the question is not necessary directed at you.

2 hours ago, zapzapzac said:

You know this isn't even remotely true. Fuck off. Stop coming here and lying about the Amico. There are so many Tommy quotes and documents proving you wrong, please do not write your nonsensical drivel back at me. Thanks!

"Where's all this talk about crushing Nintendo coming from?  The company talked of modest sales expectations." Is what I said.  Modest is relative, the company talked about sales projections in the hundreds of thousands of consoles.  Not tens of millions.  You may not consider a few hundred thousand hardware units modest but it is in comparison to crushing Nintendo Switch sales.

Edited by mr_me

53 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

Have a look here, at about 32:43.

"Now take a look at the original Wii from 2006. That's 101 million units. It's the closest comparable to Tom's gaming console."

Yup 101,000,000 sure is close to 6000. I'm glad they are big on Edutainment so I can learn how basically 6000 is the same as 101,000,000. Yes sir. They are the same amount. Think about how awesome it will be after they start marketing it!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

The company talked of modest sales expectations." Is what I said.  Modest is relative, the company talked about sales projections in the hundreds of thousands of consoles.

In almost every interview Tommy said he wasn't targeting the 200 million hardcore gamers, but rather going after the 3 billion casual market.

He even used the "millions in a year" adage as pitches to developers, to entice them with the lure of being featured on their storefront.

1:07:00 

"So if there's millions of Amicos out there by next year, and every person who turns their Amico on and they see "Boom! Here's the game of the Week" and they have that banner for like two weeks and then the next one comes in, that is my promise for all of those folks. So if you're a super talented indie developer, what would you rather do? Make an Amico game where you're going to be the star, and you don't have to port it to seven different platforms just in hopes that you sell 15-20k units. You're actually getting paid to do something you love instead of not getting paid, and you get access to some of the most amazing people in the game development community that are going to help you build your team."

Also in the same interview at 1:59:00

"If the PS4 sells 110 million units, the Switch sells 50 million units, the Xbox sells 30 million units, and if I'm mildly successful and we sell 5 million units, I got news for you that's more than mildly successful..."

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

In an interview, the cfo mentions he had venture capital firms lined up prior to covid but it fell through.

You're doing it again... which I (along with some of the others here) have already previously called you out several times for already and you now start referring to it as harassment.

On 8/28/2022 at 5:37 PM, Pink said:

None of us are doubting whether they said it or not. We all know they said it. What we are skeptical of is whether what they said is true/accurate or not. And based on IE's history of lying & general overall incompetence, why should we believe them? How many times over the past several months have John or Phil said to DJC that they have good news coming in days (And not weeks or months)?

You alone are discussing what they said, while some of us were discussing (or trying to) about whether or not as to what they said is true or not.

On 10/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, Pink said:

Mr_Me/redditshreadit has been taking everything that IE has said as 100% factual and never entertains the idea or considers the possibility that some of the things that they’ve said may of not been true or entirely accurate along with many of the contradictory statements that they’ve made over the years.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:46 AM, zapzapzac said:

You never assume? Every single one of your posts rely on the assumption that Tommy or current Intellivision is telling the truth. You assume Tommy has the know-how or experience to even comment on anything technical in origin. Even though you've been shown a mountain of extremely factual evidence to the contrary, you continue to assume in favor of this scam. 

On 2/4/2023 at 5:54 AM, mr_me said:

I said no such thing.  In fact I spoke, in this thread, of the issues with several things they've said.  This misrepresentation about another forum user is a form of harassment.

You are correct in that you haven't ever state that everything Tommy & "Friends" have said is true, but you continue to counter points & arguments people make with something that somebody whether Tommy or someone else at Intellivision previously said with no regard as to if whatever they said was actually true or not, or if they embellished and/or exxagerated whatever they were saying. And absolutely no offense or disrespect intended, but I get the impressions that you don't seem to understand that it's really hard to take that seriously at this point in time when it's become abundantly clear, especially after Hbomberguy's phenomenal Roblox OOF video has been on YouTube for a couple months now, as to how often Tommy & "Friends" have lied, made completely contradictory statements or have completely embellished & exaggerated stuff that they've said throughout this entire fiasco.

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

In an interview, the cfo mentions he had venture capital firms lined up prior to covid but it fell through.

Tommy also said on November 2020 (Roughly 8-9 months after the pandemic & covid officially began in March 2020) that they had presentations with 25 "successful & smart multi-millionaires" and said afterwards that all 25 of them wanted to invest. Did these investments fall through due to covid as well even though this was 8-9 months after the pandemic began? 🤔 Is it possible something he said may not of been entirely true, or maybe embellished? Assuming these presentations happened with these 25 investors, maybe the investors were just being respectful and acting professional and not ridiculing them or grilling them like Kevin O'Leary (Mr. Wonderful) and Mark Cuban frequently do to entrepreneurs on the TV show Shark Tank. Just a thought 🤷‍♂️ (And that's just one possibility, assuming that there actually were presentations with 25 multi-millionaires and Tommy didn't lie about any of that) 

grOkkBoleFq4wfwuOyoBbF3WkbIg78ttPcEboHh4Tg4.png?auto=webp&s=a3671dfd6b7de1b3571289e3fa53681d0eaa3886

Edited by Pink
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, MattPilz said:

In almost every interview Tommy said he wasn't targeting the 200 million hardcore gamers, but rather going after the 3 billion casual market.

He even used the "millions in a year" adage as pitches to developers, to entice them with the lure of being featured on their storefront.

1:07:00 

"So if there's millions of Amicos out there by next year, and every person who turns their Amico on and they see "Boom! Here's the game of the Week" and they have that banner for like two weeks and then the next one comes in, that is my promise for all of those folks. So if you're a super talented indie developer, what would you rather do? Make an Amico game where you're going to be the star, and you don't have to port it to seven different platforms just in hopes that you sell 15-20k units. You're actually getting paid to do something you love instead of not getting paid, and you get access to some of the most amazing people in the game development community that are going to help you build your team."

Also in the same interview at 1:59:00

"If the PS4 sells 110 million units, the Switch sells 50 million units, the Xbox sells 30 million units, and if I'm mildly successful and we sell 5 million units, I got news for you that's more than mildly successful..."

That's still modest compared to trouncing Nintendo, which is what I was asking about.  Where is the talk of them trouncing Nintendo sales coming from?

They said a lot of things, and there are a lot of ifs in those statements. I consider everything I heard them say when I said what I said.  The $25M in hardware purchase orders, for example, is less than 100k units.  The sales projections on the Republic pages maxes out at about 450k consoles over the product lifetime. 

It's amazing that all this discussion came from one simple question.

Edit:  And the three billion refers to the group of people that aren't playing console games.  Their primary target market is within that group.  It's meaningless in terms of their addressable market, which is also different than sales projections.

5 hours ago, Pink said:

You're doing it again... which I (along with some of the others here) have already previously called you out several times for already and you now start referring to it as harassment.

Doing what again?  That comment says the company admitted they didn't have the investment they were looking for back in early 2020 and they were scrambling for money.  That was in response to another users comment suggesting things appeared to be going well at the time.  We found out that they didn't raise the money to support the millions they were budgeting.  In fact they never did.

Edited by mr_me

My head seriously hurts after reading Tommy's old verbal nonsense for <5 minutes

image.thumb.png.2acf9ac10c6c7fb7cef6f97aed3d941b.png

image.thumb.png.e0b0d1df8cb6dea1989f70f149e5480d.png

image.thumb.png.92373c1af8866249fb8ad9809eee8e9b.png

image.thumb.png.d00cfba958be19752eb9e6ccce4f045f.png

Spend money carefully, like that ridiculous furniture rental/lease/loan or whatever you call it for extremely overpriced furniture with an astronomical amount of interest... And opening fancy offices all over the world in the middle of a pandemic when office workers were still mainly working fromn home. I nearly spit my coffee out after that one.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2

I asked you not to respond to me with drivel, you did it anyways. Please stop harassing me mr_me.

40 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That's still modest compared to trouncing Nintendo, which is what I was asking about.  Where is the talk of them trouncing Nintendo sales coming from?

No. All you asked was "Where is the Nintendo talk from?" You then CLEARLY STATED FOR ALL TO SEE that the Amico always had modest sales projections. A blatant lie, falsehood, misrepresentation.

41 minutes ago, mr_me said:

It's amazing that all this discussion came from one simple question.

This is gaslighting. Classic. You never asked a legitimate question you wanted answered. The discussion came from me calling you the fuck out, something no one here seems to do enough.

You have NEVER posted in good faith once about the Amico. You are here to misrepresent the past, you are here to change the narrative, and you are here to defend the Amico halfway through 2023. You should be banned from this message board, full stop. You bring nothing of value to discussion here. The only reason you are here is to grift for the Amico. Period.

You are not welcome here in this discussion mr_me. Please, fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

TRON game coming to a platform other than “Intellivision” 

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/tron-identity-switch/

as has been the norm for the past 40 years 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Tron_video_games

Did anyone actually believe TRON would return to Mattel, let alone Intellivision?

I am a believer that Tron is returning to Mattel Intellivision. 🤔😜😜

D5FB0DBB-7D32-456C-AFD1-5D61F882E10D.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, zapzapzac said:

I asked you not to respond to me with drivel, you did it anyways. Please stop harassing me mr_me.

No. All you asked was "Where is the Nintendo talk from?" You then CLEARLY STATED FOR ALL TO SEE that the Amico always had modest sales projections. A blatant lie, falsehood, misrepresentation.

This is gaslighting. Classic. You never asked a legitimate question you wanted answered. The discussion came from me calling you the fuck out, something no one here seems to do enough.

You have NEVER posted in good faith once about the Amico. You are here to misrepresent the past, you are here to change the narrative, and you are here to defend the Amico halfway through 2023. You should be banned from this message board, full stop. You bring nothing of value to discussion here. The only reason you are here is to grift for the Amico. Period.

You are not welcome here in this discussion mr_me. Please, fuck off.

He is only following instructions from the boss. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3