IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

The type of idiots that buy any trash, so long as it has a Fuji or running man logo on it. I.e. what their real market was all along.

You don't have to look told far on AA to find this market either, though admittedly it's not HUGE.

NAILED IT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

People would buy anything including speakerhats once made with the Fuji logo, or in this case, modified ones that didn't sell the last time.amico_speakerhat.thumb.jpg.b1ffeb3f0a551cee093f0f42e55eeaca.jpg

At least Ataribis currently trying to make better decisions. However, they are now also using Fig/Republic so I'm not going to give them too much credit. But either way they still beat Tommy despite all his claims otherwise. They at least launched something. Tommy couldn't get his Spider-Man undies put on correctly to even make it to the contest.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

I can understand the window having closed on Intellivision Entertainment, are you saying the window has closed for a gaming system focused on local multiplayer games targeting families and casuals?

In what language can it be spoken so you and the other shills can understand…THE NINTENDO SWITCH EXISTS! CASUAL GAMING EXISTS! 

Explain to me how going on a CHUD’S YouTube channel with a whopping 200 subs is going to get the Amico message out to people who are so removed from modern media they don’t know what a Nintendo is. This whole thing makes no sense and those still propping it up have to be either undisclosed  investors (which is morally depraved at this point) or living in Pleasantville.

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

In what language can it be spoken so you and the other shills can understand…THE NINTENDO SWITCH EXISTS! CASUAL GAMING EXISTS! 

Explain to me how going on a CHUD’S YouTube channel with a whopping 200 subs is going to get the Amico message out to people who are so removed from modern media they don’t know what a Nintendo is. This whole thing makes no sense and those still propping it up have to be either undisclosed  investors (which is morally depraved at this point) or living in Pleasantville.

Or plain dumb. Their demographic is retro and/or really really REALLY dumb people.

It has never made sense as the message continually changed so the CEO could say you were wrong while he lied. 

I watched enough of those chud conversations to see it happen. It was a huge turn off to the product. It was all talk and no substance. This console was for selling to some dumb buyer who would continue to let Tommy play Grandpa Joe.

Dumb people have crap memories or something mental going on to reject reality.

Six years ago. Commercial showing solo play, solo on the go play, old and young local multiplayer play, local on-the-go multiplayer, online multiplayer, local party games.

Nintendo Switch, Play and Connect.

Don't forget to treasure those moments with families.

Then you have stick photos for Intellivision.... 

tumblr_025e75cfaee972bb49151002560a3684_126c4801_400.gif.32c63ac03b5ce5bee66970dfa349a10b.gif

tumblr_5d895b93339f7ba67aff671abf6ece21_d2157aba_540.gif.be2c5ebf736766cc0417d6089034ee79.gif

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's not like Tommy denied the existence of the Nintendo Switch though. It's more about the sheer amount of well poisoning he indulged in whenever the subject came up.

To him it was always about to nosedive saleswise. It'd all be done and dusted by the time the Amico launched; they wouldn't have any competitors at all, honest! This is funny now that it's gone on to be the third best selling games console of all time. That's some Michael Pachter level analysis right there. 😄

Then the Switch was supposedly awash with pr0n and r@pe games. Never mind that you'd have to go on the Japanese eShop and search for them by the exact name to find the games in question. Never mind that they'd actually had the explicit content taken out in order to get a CERO rating. Never mind that the Switch has parental controls and that eShop accounts can have passwords on them.

Despite being comfortable in the hands of a six-year old, joy-cons are supposedly far too difficult for ordinary people to use.

Oh, and Miyamoto is an old friend of his. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Oh, and don't forget Jessica Alba. She was featured in the original Amico pitch deck, supposedly as a celebrity endorsement.

r/Intellivision_Amico - Intellivision Amico Pitch Deck has an "exit strategy" page listing Mattel, Disney, Hasbro, Microsoft, Apple, Mixi, Amazon, Nintendo, Viacom, Comcast, Google, Facebook, Tencent, and Sony, as if any of those companies would be interested in buying an amateur footbath …

Several years later, she turns up promoting the Switch.

I'd think that perfectly illustrates the difference between wishcasting and reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt_B said:

That's some Michael Pachter level analysis right there. 😄

To be fair he said the Amico would surprise us, but never said how it would. 🙂

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

THE NINTENDO SWITCH EXISTS! CASUAL GAMING EXISTS!

That's why Tommy targeted Nintendo haters. The hatred against Nintendo is one of the most powerful forces in gaming; just think about the amount of video game systems, games, emulation sites, etc. created in spite of Nintendo. 😔

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Oh, and don't forget Jessica Alba. She was featured in the original Amico pitch deck, supposedly as a celebrity endorsement.

r/Intellivision_Amico - Intellivision Amico Pitch Deck has an "exit strategy" page listing Mattel, Disney, Hasbro, Microsoft, Apple, Mixi, Amazon, Nintendo, Viacom, Comcast, Google, Facebook, Tencent, and Sony, as if any of those companies would be interested in buying an amateur footbath …

Several years later, she turns up promoting the Switch.

I'd think that perfectly illustrates the difference between wishcasting and reality.

It does illustrate it perfectly. They were sayers not doers. He didn't deny the Switch existed, but did deny that it was a casual family friendly console.

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

To be fair he said the Amico would surprise us, but never said how it would. 🙂

That's why Tommy targeted Nintendo haters. The hatred against Nintendo is one of the most powerful forces in gaming; just think about the amount of video game systems, games, emulation sites, etc. created in spite of Nintendo. 😔

Oh he totally targeted Nintendo haters. I didn't even own a Switch at the start of this and knew what he was saying was a bunch of baloney. 

Nintendo should have died like back with the Gamecube according to many. There are two main reasons I see hate towards them. 1) old farts who think Nintendo killed their childhood/Atari/Intv/etc. Or 2) Those who view it as a kid console. Is there other reasons? Sure, but that is just what I notice a lot of.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, mr_me said:

I can understand the window having closed on Intellivision Entertainment, are you saying the window has closed for a gaming system focused on local multiplayer games targeting families and casuals?

Definitely on the Amico because even if we pie-in-the-sky the outcome and say it gets released, its reputation is shot. In terms of another, similar attempt by someone else, I'd say it's a longshot (as always, simply because we have an embarrassment of solid choices for every taste) unless the execution is especially smart/clever and the financial expectations/requirements are modest. Although it was probably all BS at the time like just about everything else turned out to be, the Amico actually arguably met both of those requirements with an unusual enough and focused platform with supposedly modest break-even numbers, which is why I put its chances of success at reasonably favorable if things broke right (and was so down on the VCS in comparison; of course the VCS did release and didn't take off, but credit where credit is due to actually releasing something that works). 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Definitely on the Amico because even if we pie-in-the-sky the outcome and say it gets released, its reputation is shot. In terms of another, similar attempt by someone else, I'd say it's a longshot (as always, simply because we have an embarrassment of solid choices for every taste) unless the execution is especially smart/clever and the financial expectations/requirements are modest. Although it was probably all BS at the time like just about everything else turned out to be, the Amico actually arguably met both of those requirements with an unusual enough and focused platform with supposedly modest break-even numbers, which is why I put its chances of success at reasonably favorable if things broke right (and was so down on the VCS in comparison; of course the VCS did release and didn't take off, but credit where credit is due to actually releasing something that works). 

Very well written as always Bill.  Even more damning for the Amico is what the Evercade and even Playdate have done in recent years.  Hell, look at Anbernic, maker of retro handhelds, in what their output has been recently in spite of any pandemic and/or global concerns.  Shame that the Amico has turned out the way that it has.  It has left a stain on the Intellivision name, rightfully or (very) wrongly.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

Very well written as always Bill.  Even more damning for the Amico is what the Evercade and even Playdate have done in recent years.  Hell, look at Anbernic, maker of retro handhelds, in what their output has been recently in spite of any pandemic and/or global concerns.  Shame that the Amico has turned out the way that it has.  It has left a stain on the Intellivision name, rightfully or (very) wrongly.

Thanks. It's very much like that with the Polymega as well, though I suppose their journey has had its ups and downs. They promised a lot in the beginning with FPGA and then turned it into a hybrid pure emulation system with zero FPGA usage. They had trouble releasing it, but once it eventually got out - albeit in very limited quantities - it delivered on almost all of its promises. However, they're still having tremendous trouble delivering in quantity after all of these years because they chose the wrong supplier in the wrong country. Even before resolving the production issues, they announced yet another module pre-order (the N64 one) and now an alternate/companion business model of having their pseudo platform available from just about anywhere. As much as I'm stupidly (or otherwise) all-in on every damned Polymega module and accessory (nothing as of yet in my possession of course) - and even like the "alternate" business model - I can't help but think that they've likely all but irreparably damaged their reputation with so many missteps and "bad luck" despite having an otherwise excellent product and overall business plan. At best, it will take years to undo the reputational damage, and that's only after figuring out how to deliver hardware in quantity anytime someone wants one.

Of course, the Amico team hasn't gotten anything out even in small quantities, and, being financially dependent upon game releases and purchases complicates matters further beyond something like a Polymega. It just goes to show how much more in a whole Amico is relative to so much else out there.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Definitely on the Amico because even if we pie-in-the-sky the outcome and say it gets released, its reputation is shot. 

This is key, it's beyond salvagable at this point even if the console releases with a ton of games.   Any reputation it had or could have built up is long over and the console still costs way too much. 

There is absolutely no way that Phil honestly believes this console has any chance on the market at this point, he's just being dishonest with the last remaining Amico supporters by giving them hope.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

This is key, it's beyond salvagable at this point even if the console releases with a ton of games.   Any reputation it had or could have built up is long over and the console still costs way too much. 

There is absolutely no way that Phil honestly believes this console has any chance on the market at this point, he's just being dishonest with the last remaining Amico supporters by giving them hope.  

Whoa be careful agreeing with @Bill Loguidice. I hear those in the Amico FB hugbox think he's a troll. They also believe Tommy will swoop in on a Pegasus and wave a magical wand to make this all happen.

DON'T BE A HATER!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Yeah, the only things that I'd think are salvageable at this point are the games themselves, which appear to be a lot less in number and a lot less finished than was promoted.

• Like 5

Lately,  I've been thinking...(and I'm sure it's been mentioned before,  but maybe not lately).   I wonder what was actually in Tommy's  Hater Folder?  I mean it could have been as dead simple as a collection of posts;  Anything he deemed negative.  Or it could have been info on people he got banned or tried to get banned...He might have wanted to dox people or figure out other personal info...Or it could have been a simple scare tactic.  He might have figured if he mentioned it,  people would beware.  Otherwise why even tell people?  Or did he tell people?  Anyway,  it's ridiculous behavior (and par for the course for him).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Lately,  I've been thinking...(and I'm sure it's been mentioned before,  but maybe not lately).   I wonder what was actually in Tommy's  Hater Folder?  I mean it could have been as dead simple as a collection of posts;  Anything he deemed negative.  Or it could have been info on people he got banned or tried to get banned...He might have wanted to dox people or figure out other personal info...Or it could have been a simple scare tactic.  He might have figured if he mentioned it,  people would beware.  Otherwise why even tell people?  Or did he tell people?  Anyway,  it's ridiculous behavior (and par for the course for him).

Based on the following two things...

a) Someone in this thread and someone on Reddit having personal information and pictures of their children spread around in order to try and scare them into being quiet, and

b) One of the Amico diehards (who is a member of AA) talking about how Tommy told them that certain people shouldn't be their friend, that they would they would then talk about them in private, that they would be asked/encouraged to dislike and report videos, block people etc...

I would imagine that Tommy's haters folder contained personal information, pictures, links to videos/channels etc that he would pass around to his attack dogs to go and try and intimidate people and get stuff taken down.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

It was likely a list of people he told his youtube crew to ban/ignore/mute.    

• Like 3