IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

10 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Well there was no announcement from Intellivision on Star Wars day, but there was from Atari! Atari now owns old Intellivision 2600 games. I will laugh if they pump out a Recharged Astro Blast before Astrosmash gets ported. I hope Atari remembers to steal World of Tank art for Armor Ambush. It can't be a 7/10 without stealing others work.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/05/04/2661966/0/en/Atari-Announces-Acquisition-of-M-Network-Atari-2600-Titles-and-Related-Trademarks.html

There's been a few modern Astrosmash remakes over the years.  I don't think you need anyone's permission to make a falling rocks fixed shooter game. If there were any copyrightable elements than those rights should go to the rights holder of the original work.  For example if someone recreated the background graphics in Frogsnflies, I think they should have to get permission from the rights holder of the original Frog Bog.

It makes sense for Atari SA to have these old M Network games.  They only ever get licensed in compilations with other 2600 games.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

If anyone wants to start making their own Friend. Did you know friend is English word for amico?

Good news these are in stock!

image-3.thumb.png.1b4b9b6a9e4eae7207fa0f1819270fb1.png

Start building your friend today!

I'll only do it if I can enter into a contract with them, pay them millions, then terminate it and get absolutely nothing nor my money back. It's the Amico Way, after all.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Atari has been doing some good stuff lately. Making smart moves… I hope it is making enough money for them to continue in this direction. Meanwhile, in Amico…

image.jpeg.021076a794a70bde136d561d586bb81c.jpeg

Cyrus safety always off trailer park boys | StareCat.com

Amico, always off.  Tommy told me he loved me once, f*ckin' prick.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I'll only do it if I can enter into a contract with them, pay them millions, then terminate it and get absolutely nothing nor my money back. It's the Amico Way, after all.

Well here you go. You are going to need a wifi module. Ignore that it's like from 2012 and EOL. 

image-4.thumb.png.deba7ea95a7292c76818f710ae30377c.png

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Even better. It wouldn't be the same if I didn't massively overpay for crap parts from 10 years ago, then not receive them.

Wouldn't That Be Something?

Don't worry there's plenty more to buy. Don't worry about the 20 week lead time. I'm sure Tommy is making that plant in Texas with all the refund money to speed up the process.

image-7.thumb.png.60a21a6f63a2db701a3a66ca47ad8a8a.png

WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally hung up my Amico poster. My shillness is complete.  Hip Hip Amico!

Got it off ebay, but I do remember seeing Amico posters in Gamestops in North Carolina.   Surely most were tossed in the trash after a brief time in stores. 

351DF4FA-080F-4C32-899C-D67D2ABE4355.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tommy2D said:

Where did this parts list come from?  Are these straight from the developer portal that IE left open to the world?

Did you just mention that?

LEGAL INCOMING.

Also yep! (I like to imagine TT going around to all those cell recycler kiosks and raiding them for parts in light of the Arc blowup. LOL)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rev said:

Finally hung up my Amico poster. My shillness is complete.  Hip Hip Amico!

Got it off ebay, but I do remember seeing Amico posters in Gamestops in North Carolina.   Surely most were tossed in the trash after a brief time in stores. 

351DF4FA-080F-4C32-899C-D67D2ABE4355.jpeg

Coming Spring 2021 !!

Does anyone know if IE managed to snag the license for Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge? 

You could really take advantage of the Amico controller to do things like picking your club.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

Plus, someone already made a free game.  It's in Unity, so it should be no trouble to "port" to the Amico.

https://aaron-demeter.itch.io/lee-carvallos-putting-challenge

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Does anyone know if IE managed to snag the license for Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge? 

You could really take advantage of the Amico controller to do things like picking your club.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

Plus, someone already made a free game.  It's in Unity, so it should be no trouble to "port" to the Amico.

https://aaron-demeter.itch.io/lee-carvallos-putting-challenge

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Tommy catfishing for private information to put in his hater folder.

RDT_20230506_2102383829056744389818776.thumb.jpg.9239e8a3a5edf173671dc71c468c3395.jpg

I remember Nick Richards doing the same thing on StartEngine. How much do you think either would have crapped themselves if you asked for Nick's daughter's social media, or Tommy's wife Sharon's social media?

Tommy and his sycophants have to threaten others because they are too innept to get a simple job done. What losers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Tommy catfishing for private information to put in his hater folder.

RDT_20230506_2102383829056744389818776.thumb.jpg.9239e8a3a5edf173671dc71c468c3395.jpg

I remember Nick Richards doing the same thing on StartEngine. How much do you think either would have crapped themselves if you asked for Nick's daughter's social media, or Tommy's wife Sharon's social media?

Tommy and his sycophants have to threaten others because they are too innept to get a simple job done. What losers.

The really sad (and quite worrying) thing is how much the Tommy/Amico fans enjoyed Tommy saying all that crap. Those crazy long posts of his always that would baffle most people always got loads of positive reactions from them both clicking the like and thanks buttons, or quoting his post sucking up to him. Absolutely insane how people like this unhinged cretin.

It's kind of amusing now though how after running his mouth and acting the tough guy for however many years he's now in hiding because everyone know what and who he is and he can't do anything about it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

The really sad (and quite worrying) thing is how much the Tommy/Amico fans enjoyed Tommy saying all that crap. Those crazy long posts of his always that would baffle most people always got loads of positive reactions from them both clicking the like and thanks buttons, or quoting his post sucking up to him. Absolutely insane how people like this unhinged cretin.

It's kind of amusing now though how after running his mouth and acting the tough guy for however many years he's now in hiding because everyone know what and who he is and he can't do anything about it.

It is rather sad. To think that so many people couldn't see that a CEO getting that weird and personal as a red flag. He was literally crapping himself and saying some weird stuff all the time. He even did the ASL on that Jenny Davis gal that was around here.

It is also how you know his "DATA" was BS. He acted like that is focus group testing. If he had the data he said he did, he wouldn't need to ask such dumb questions or attack people.

If he actually had data showing the Amico was going to be the next big thing, all he had to do was actually work on bringing it out to market. He says he is a super sleeper. It is just as likely he is a manic weirdo making risky ass bad choices non-stop.

With how he's acted I lean towards mania, but then again the sleep deprivation has probably taken a toll and stunted him in many ways.

He had a bunch of people like me rooting him on. People like me,  wanted to see it do well, even if we thought it wouldn't be quite as good as like the Switch. All he had to do is release it. Instead all he make was a big BEWM BEWM in his britches.

I can't decide what is worse. Being a coward after all that bravado, or being ousted and gagged from talking because you did such a shit job at torpedoing you own company. I'm leaning towards being ousted and gagged. Him being cowardly would suggest he has some self awareness in how bad he messed up. Quite frankly at this point I don't think he has the capability of that.

His mother must be really proud.

I hope he's playing backgammon with her, while considering making an actual family with his wife, Sharon. Maybe work towards some personal growth or something.

tumblr_f722739824b2e135d7ec650decfd862b_45bd9857_400.gif.00c923c13cf77fac21efdea3b690e53d.gif

png_20221220_100352_0000.thumb.png.03e5ace803d761a5a3f0c1f370ee88ae.png

• Haha 1

This person was clearly some kind of Eleet Haxor. 

I'm far from a computer-science expert but was this guy for real?  Why would you need a proprietary "engine" to check a player's score and then adjust a gameplay element?  Did racing games have some cutting-edge quantum computing engine because they could change your starting position based on how you finished, in the qualifying races?  

image.thumb.png.39e8eb06ec255ba91cddc67bc0d64124.png

Edited by Tommy2D

What a creepy dude.   Can you believe AtariAge cultivated an environment where Tommy could literally stalk and try to dox AtariAge's own users? 

I can believe it, but it's truly sad.   No wonder nobody here will ever own up to their part in this mess.

Edited by Rowsdower70
spelling is hard