IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

It's all good though, because Tommy had the foresight to stuff enough of his toxic positivity into that locked-but-archived-elsewhere thread that we can easily pull something out to while away the rainy days for a couple more years at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I miss the days where every day you could wake up and go, "Oh boy! What utterly idiotic and repugnant thing has the Amico crew done today?!" - it was really something to look forward to. This Silent Era is boring.

It’s only silent cause you can’t hear through the window.

image.thumb.jpeg.d5b1d993bfa6b36313c6a7c854721f26.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I miss the days where every day you could wake up and go, "Oh boy! What utterly idiotic and repugnant thing has the Amico crew done today?!" - it was really something to look forward to. This Silent Era is boring.

It was fun hearing about some of the behind the scene stuff. Like Tommy encouraging them to cut their viewership by blocking people on their channels and such. I was on a blacklist for Amico podcasts. I mean if you pay attention to the FB group they still have some of the same mindset still.

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

It's all good though, because Tommy had the foresight to stuff enough of his toxic positivity into that locked-but-archived-elsewhere thread that we can easily pull something out to while away the rainy days for a couple more years at least.

I have thought about a, "This day in Amico dumb posts" regurgitation. Or a "How to make your own Amico". But there are so many parts I don't have the time to go through them all for a silly gag.

Especially when the easy joke is buy a RPi to make your own.

If you get tired of old AA posts you can enjoy dumb reddit posts from Tommy like this one.

Screenshot_20230511_215250_Reddit.thumb.jpg.6bd544f41477c4bbbfd8c21c23a161ff.jpg

Screenshot_20230511_215313_Reddit.thumb.jpg.b3ebc9f71b0f2fe28cd43a588ab3ba19.jpg

Screenshot_20230511_215353_Reddit.thumb.jpg.561e3c69d3a3f2011dee01548cc7776a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I wish I never saw this page because I will now live the permanent disappointment that we didn't get to see Tommy audition on American Idol

And if Steven Tyler was a judge and to see his reaction: "who the hell is this guy and why does he pretend he knows me?"

• Haha 4

On 5/8/2023 at 9:20 AM, mr_me said:

If there were any copyright violations Atgames would definitely be exposed.  Whoever was responsible for game selection was careful to use those from companies that aren't active e.g. Imagic.  If Hasbro owns the Colecovision Zaxxon game code, for example, and you contacted them about it, nobody there might know or care to look.  However, if there was a copyright owner that woke up and decided to make a claim they'd go after whoever is involved that has money.

When you say "they would be exposed," do you mean legally exposed? Or in a "the truth will out" sense of the word? Because I don't think it would be worth most company's time to go after infringement on some of these very old games. It costs money to engage lawyers. 

On 5/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

And I know I'm a broken record, but I'm really tired of these games having the psychedelic FX. I know why they do them because it's an easy way to mask low budget visuals, and, to be fair, this game seems to do it well without being overbearing, but I'd definitely like to see more diversity going forward with these. In short, I'd be more apt to support these if they strove to try out more new stuff rather than just do solid takes on what's already out there.

Different strokes. I like the fact that they have a "house style." There's a whole bundle of similar games from the developer (not published by Atari) on their Steam page for a dollar or two apiece. A cohesive look to their art is a far preferable to the bargain-bin scraping of Amico. Just my opinion, of course. 

On 5/10/2023 at 11:56 AM, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Intellivision Gen2 needs to be in Phil's circle too. He was the CEO and president of Retroaction Entertainment, the company that did the Kickstarter.

He has quite the resume of failed projects and companies does old Phil.

I love a good Venn diagram but I'm afraid you're right, there's no link in Intellivision Gen 2 between Tommy and Mike (as far as I know) other than the fact that Tommy backed the project. I did too, but I don't think I did anything that deserves to be pulled into the "vortex of suck." 

That said, it's very elegant as it is, and I don't see any harm in holding retro game scammers accountable for their terrible decisions that disrespect the fans. I'm glad the trend of "we need more dreamers like Tommy" seems to have dried up. Nothing wrong with a little realism. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

there's no link in Intellivision Gen 2 between Tommy and Mike (as far as I know) other than the fact that Tommy backed the project. I did too, but I don't think I did anything that deserves to be pulled into the "vortex of suck." 

It was literally just a failed crowdfunding project, and I agree it doesn't belong in the same category with Amico and ColecoChamelon.   

There were two Intellivision Gen2 games developed and released by a company called Realtime Associates. There was a third one in development and part of a Kickstarter which Kennedy was involved.

The Retro VGS/Chameleon idea was a bit similar to the Evercade, game distribution strictly on physical cartridge.  Adam's involvement would have been to help with sales but since it never got beyond the idea stage, he wasn't really involved.

I still think retro gamers are primarily interested in the classic games.  Those that would buy modern remakes or new retro looking games would be a smaller subset of that group.

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

When you say "they would be exposed," do you mean legally exposed? Or in a "the truth will out" sense of the word? Because I don't think it would be worth most company's time to go after infringement on some of these very old games. It costs money to engage lawyers. 

Exposed to a civil claim by the rights holder, is what I meant.  They wouldn't be charged with piracy unless it was done knowingly.  Since they made money from the properties the rights holder would have a civil case against them.  But like I said the companies or their activity with the property has been dormant.

Edited by mr_me

21 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

That said, it's very elegant as it is, and I don't see any harm in holding retro game scammers accountable for their terrible decisions that disrespect the fans. I'm glad the trend of "we need more dreamers like Tommy" seems to have dried up. Nothing wrong with a little realism. 

I think some beep boopers still think Tommy is the resurrection of Intellivision. It's why they get upset when you make fun of Intellivision still.

Maybe now that the Evercade is out and doing well, the suckers who keep falling for the same retro-parasites well start to see how something is properly handled. It isn't rocket science, but even when they had a former NASA employee working for them Intellivision still couldn't crap out an Amico.

tumblr_cedeaf42fe3c6b86fe674729a8d66f85_9cc9cc7e_1280.thumb.jpg.2644cb263fb849b7671dddb9a89390a5.jpg

• Haha 2

"I was instrumental in bringing 5.1 to PS2 & XBox"

Yeah, I'm real sure you were 'instrumental' in bringing what was already an established audio standard by then to video game consoles, y'know the things hooked to televisions. I'm really sure at SONY HQ they were debating putting in surround sound and some random jerkoff music composer (though we can't even be sure he's THAT at this point) convinced their ENGINEEERING TEAMS it would be beneficial.

Okay, bud. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He's probably referring to QSound, a system that allowed you to assign positions in 3D space to your sounds before mixing them down to stereo. Virgin, who he worked for at the time, used it a lot on the Sega CD.

It's decidedly not 3D audio as we now know it, where you've got multiple channels at different heights, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's practically on a par with Dolby Atmos in the Tommy brain.

Suffice it to say that, even then, he neither developed it nor was the first to use it. Sega had several games out using it before Virgin did, and Capcom were also using it in their arcade systems prior to either; unlike Sega, they had the processing chip built in so it could mix sounds on the fly rather than having to have everything pre-mixed into the CD Audio, which would have been prohibitively expensive for a home console.

Positional mixing of stereo sound goes back a lot longer too; I wouldn't be surprised if there were arcade games using it in the seventies or earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

In other words, even under the most generous interpretation of fact, we go from "outright lies" to "most definitely stretching the truth beyond acceptable limits solely for personal ego gain"? Yeah, so a day ending in Y. LOL

Also read his post (TTs that is) in the voice you read the Angry Marine copy-paste meme text in and it becomes even more hilarious.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

"I was instrumental in bringing 5.1 to PS2 & XBox"

Yeah, I'm real sure you were 'instrumental' in bringing what was already an established audio standard by then to video game consoles, y'know the things hooked to televisions. I'm really sure at SONY HQ they were debating putting in surround sound and some random jerkoff music composer (though we can't even be sure he's THAT at this point) convinced their ENGINEEERING TEAMS it would be beneficial.

Okay, bud. 🙄

Regardless of what Tommy was referring too, it's definitely safe to say at this point in time that he was intentionally embellishing it and intentionally deceiving people and wanting them to believe that he genuinely was the first person on the entire planet to use 3D in a game and truly was instrumental in bringing 5.1 to the PS2 & Xbox (Exactly how he phrased it) He gets no benefit of the doubt. Just like how his Guiness World Record says "Largest Video game concert" Yet he always referred to it as just "Symphony" intentionally leaving the video game part of it out and intentionally deceiving people, because saying largest symphony/orchestra/musical concert sounds a lot more impressive and a lot more prestigious than largest video game music concert. Or how he deleted tweets and completely changed his story regarding the Roblox OOF numerous times, originally stating his studio Tommy Tallarico studios made it, to saying his assistant Joey made it and he "helped" then changing again completely To Tommy making it all 100% on his own by himself, and also how he made it specifically for Roblox and then going on to claim that single sound effect is one of the main reasons, if not THE reason why Roblox became as big and successful as it did.

That message board post was on a friday night/super early Saturday morning at 3:17 AM. That sounds about right and is perfectly on brand for good 'ole Tommy Boy to obsessively Google his name in the middle of the night and chime in & pick a fight with an internet rando that was saying something about him that wasn't all positive super happy rainbows & unicorns & sunshine.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Wow I didn't know Tommy was a dev and brought 3D to the gaming world!

Given that he mentions 5.1 next, I guess he meant 3D sound or something like Matt B said. Well, I really hope he meant that. 😅

3 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Possibly even related to Nolan Bushnell & the great Ralph Bauer.

It's Ralph Baer, but Tommy would probably spell it like that anyway. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Pink said:

That message board post was on a friday night/super early Saturday morning at 3:17 AM. That sounds about right and is perfectly on brand for good 'ole Tommy Boy to obsessively Google his name in the middle of the night and chime in & pick a fight with an internet rando that was saying something about him that wasn't all positive super happy rainbows & unicorns & sunshine.

He's definitely sociopathic/psychopathic in his lying. It is quite problematic. It's why he wanted those he couldn't manipulate like me banned from everywhere. The easily manipulated would just continue to allow him to lie and never question him.

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It's Ralph Baer, but Tommy would probably spell it like that anyway. 🤦‍♂️

This is why I always reference his wife as Sharon. I think he's too illiterate to get her name right.

3 am...

Shannon: Tommy are you coming to bed anytime soon?

Tommy: No, that Beefy guy is saying things I don't like again on AtariAge.

Shannon: Beefy? AtariAge? What the absolute hell are you talking about Tommy!?

Tommy: HEY SHARON! He did it again! He said parents are smart enough to use parental controls on the Switch.

Shannon: DAMMIT TOMMY! How many times do I have to tell your illiterate ass my name is SHANNON?! Maybe you should do a podcast with this Beefy and not come to bed!

Tommy: Great idea Sharon! Let me tell Garvey I want to do an interview with all three of us!

Shannon: Just AARG! NEVERMIND!

Tommy: Man what's wrong with her? She needs to play some Astrosmash. Omg SHARON THAT BEEFY GUY IS DOING IT AGAIN!!!

• Haha 2

It would be more useful for the team to release a new EarthWormJim game for Atari Lynx, Atari Falcon, ZX Spectrum Next and Amiga than to make their goddamned "Amico". 😆 And even better to release new Earthworm Jim for modern (and existing) PCs and consoles.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sinyavin said:

It would be more useful for the team to release a new EarthWormJim game for Atari Lynx, Atari Falcon, ZX Spectrum Next and Amiga than to make their goddamned "Amico". 😆 And even better to release new Earthworm Jim for modern (and existing) PCs and consoles.

You obviously don't have the market data to know you can't play that not-being-worked-on-EWJ game with any controller but an Amico controller.

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

In other words, even under the most generous interpretation of fact, we go from "outright lies" to "most definitely stretching the truth beyond acceptable limits solely for personal ego gain"? Yeah, so a day ending in Y. LOL

Also read his post (TTs that is) in the voice you read the Angry Marine copy-paste meme text in and it becomes even more hilarious.

He could be the Quaker guy

7lrvwf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3