IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

6 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

The #1 rule to remember in litigation is that in civil cases, absent a few principled weirdos, everyone prefers a settlement over uncertainty of fees.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d788bcfcd7aebf848577

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d788bcfcd7aebf848577

Maybe it’s just his public persona, but I think it’s possible you might have one of the exceptional people there 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Is it because he's failing to disclose he's an investor in his videos? If so, I'm not completely sure that violates applicable law, but would have to research it further and have neither the time nor inclination to do so. LOL

Suffice it to say the disclosure requirements are actually more narrow than just "if you have a stake you have to say so."

I'm pretty sure it's not illegal unfortunately, since a law was recently passed in Europe (or just France, not sure) that force YTers to disclose sponsorship and that kind of thing.

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Maybe it’s just his public persona, but I think it’s possible you might have one of the exceptional people there 

Exactly, he will always Rocky Balboa up in this bitch but still lose the case like Rocky loses the match in the movie. 🙂

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, number6 said:

I don't know this company BBG, so I'm just looking at little things that strike me as different.

How many times did people in this thread and the old entirely deleted forum post.  trying to speculate of what IE actually had trademark, copyright, distribution rights, etc. for? IE's answer at the time of "wouldn't  it be something" didn't exactly make this all clear.

Now look at BBG. Is it a short list? Yes, granted. But on their about page they are telling you specifically what they 

(1)have registered trademark for

(2)are in process of registration for (the TM referred to)

(3)copyright

(4)all rights reserved

And these entries apply to actual product you can buy, is shortly to be released, or in the case of Astrosmash/Shark! Shark! is extremely likely to be released due to being in almost finished state.

I have no idea whether they noted the confusion in how IE referred to things and decided to be "clear" in contrast to how IE did this. Nevertheless, this is what they have done. Like I said...it's a little thing.

They've been clear in what copyrights they've claimed to have acquired and licensed in their press releases e.g. the video game copyrights from Intellivision Productions of which they sold their Atari 2600 games to Atari SA, licenses to remake 12 specific Atari titles from Atari SA, specific DataEast/Gmode, Irem, and a few other titles for remake, the three Usopoly table/board games.  If someone asked about Tron and they responded talking to Disney about it, that doesn't mean anything. 

Copyrights with Amico games would depend on the individual agreements with the developer.  Games which they funded development would be their copyright.  Existing games ported over likely remain mostly the copyright of the developer, although IE could have copyright on portions they contributed.

14 hours ago, number6 said:

Jason's name was on a somewhat recent filing, so he's possibly one.

See "Signatory" towards bottom

Of the five, Jason would be the business development person, then there's the CEO, the CFO.  The consultants are likely the CTO and another technical resource.

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I'm pretty sure it's not illegal unfortunately, since a law was recently passed in Europe (or just France, not sure) that force YTers to disclose sponsorship and that kind of thing.

In the US, the FTC has guidelines on this.  While they're not regulations, the FTC can still investigate and act on guideline violations.  Youtube rules try to follow these guidelines, which includes disclosure from an endorser of anything that could affect how people evaluate the endorsement.

Edited by mr_me

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Exactly, he will always Rocky Balboa up in this bitch but still lose the case like Rocky loses the match in the movie. 🙂

Even when Rocky didn't lose he still took a ton of punches to the head. 🤕

10 hours ago, MrTrust said:

Hell, even within those few months, I'm not sure there's an excuse.  Tommy spent about two weeks in the summer of '21 arguing with me on these very forums.  He could have coded an extra set of levels himself in that time.  Stack Overflow, bro.

Inb4 anyone takes this to literally, point is they had time to dick around on forums and Twitter, make bogus unboxing videos and host all these pointless events where they're showing placeholder Star Fox 64 text in their games, and do 20,000 interviews with YouTubers that nobody watches.  If a fraction of that effort was out into making these games any good, they might not have come off like such shysters.

Might buy Astrosmash though, if I'm honest.

I would say that, at this point, everyone should know better than to get excited about any old properties or titles for the most part.  A lot of mediocrity gets put out under fondly remembered names.  I'd say the smart play is to find out who the team is doing it, but we've seen a lot of get-the-band-back-together games that were botched pretty badly, too.

An interesting case is Wonder Boy III remake and Monster Boy.  Both were handled by new teams, and one was sort of a mercenary sequel.  Both knocked it right out of the park, though.  Very much lightning striking twice having that combination of passion and chops land on the same series in rapid succession like that.  

That's really what I look for if I'm going to get "excited" about a game: does anyone on the team display full-on Asperger's obsessive passion?  That's usually the best indication that it will be good.  I knew, for instance, Cuphead was going to be great after the first second of video I saw from it.  You're hand painting 1,000's of sprites in the exact style of the old Fleischer cartoons, complete with even the 3D setback technique to make a late 80's style boss rush game?  There's a 3-hour, 13-piece big band soundtrack?  That's 1% of the 1% behavior.  Only a genius in the classical sense of the word would even attempt that.  I'm not surprised to learn those guys mortgaged their own homes to get it done.  Even if the thing ends up a failure, it's still going to be more worth your while than a good-but-good's-about-it efforts.

Now, I actually enjoyed Tommy's antics for the most part.  I very much long for the days of the American eccentric self promoter.  Tom Carvel, Colonel Sanders, Crazy Eddie, 80s-era Trump, Richard Simmons, Dave Thomas, Ron Popiel, Vince McMahon... Yeah, they're weird.  Yes, they're somewhat shady and even downright crooks in some cases, but America is a huckster culture, and we love lunatic monomaniacal passion.  We really don't have any good hucksters left, so Tommy could have been a welcome throwback.

Where I went sour on the whole thing is when he was on here saying anyone who thinks these things look like cheap, kickoff mobile games just doesn't get what's going on.  So, fine, I asked him how are they different.  Fine, Skiing looks like a bargain bin Wii game from '09; I'm willing to look past that if you can tell me what is actually great about this game.  What makes it distinct from the things everyone's comparing it to?  Why should I want to play this thing and not those other platforms?  All he had for an answer is the console is FOCUSED on those kinds of games.

That's it?  That's all ya' got?  Then he just taps out with "it's not for you".  He had nothing to say about how awesome his games were, what made them awesome, and why they were so much fun.  I did not at all he the impression that he actually thought they were awesome.  Now, when I picked his idiotic 80 million bajillion squintillion gamers worldwide bubble, the dude like I said spent two weeks arguing with me about these stats.  He_just_would_not_budge an inch on this pitch, and he had the stamina to argue it, man, even with some no name on the internet.  That was his real passion: just lying and filling people full of bullshit.  Can anyone recall him ever acting like he genuinely even liked what he was putting out?  I can't, and I think that shows in the output we're seeing now, and that's why I don't credit them with honest good-faith failure.

I know you are joking about the coding levels, but he did waste a lot of tike here. Especially for having a delayed product.

Think about it. How much would his chances have been to rope an investor if he stopped worrying what mine, yours, and others' opinions were, and shipped out a small run of consoles?

Plus he will never admit to being wrong. The moron couldn't even say he used the wrong Peak in his videos. What is funny is they did change it to the correct one after I pointed it out. 😅

• Like 4

1 hour ago, number6 said:

@Cebus Capucinis

Do you think IE will ever respond to this?

Applicant Must Clarify Its Domicile Address

And if so, what address could they possibly submit?

They responded probably with their address of record for service of process (which, for the record, can absolutely be a UPS Store or other facility, provided they have an agent to receive service in place).  However, that doesn't fly for delineating the principal place of business for the USPTO. The PPB address is frequently NOT the address of record and is, instead, the physical location of the corporate HQ or where the executives conduct the business of the company.

Realistically, all they need to do in the modern era is simply provide a street address of any remaining office space or, if none, the address of an executive, and they'd be in the clear. It's unlikely they've done that because due to their limited amount of money, they're prioritizing other things and will let this bubble up until it becomes an actual fire, and then they'll deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

They responded probably with their address of record for service of process (which, for the record, can absolutely be a UPS Store or other facility, provided they have an agent to receive service in place).  However, that doesn't fly for delineating the principal place of business for the USPTO. The PPB address is frequently NOT the address of record and is, instead, the physical location of the corporate HQ or where the executives conduct the business of the company.

Realistically, all they need to do in the modern era is simply provide a street address of any remaining office space or, if none, the address of an executive, and they'd be in the clear. It's unlikely they've done that because due to their limited amount of money, they're prioritizing other things and will let this bubble up until it becomes an actual fire, and then they'll deal with it.

Well, here's the problem. They have time to meet uspto guidelines for "this", their principal trademark.

But other marks have filings due "soon" and they have the same non acceptable address.

Would not they encounter the same response from uspto if they file to preserve those?

Nevermind. You explained it:

they're prioritizing other things and will let this bubble up until it becomes an actual fire, and then they'll deal with it.

Edited by number6
Added reference
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

If someone asked about Tron and they responded talking to Disney about it, that doesn't mean anything. 

True.    

At this point, though, we can apply that same logic to pretty much anything they've said and are likely to say.

"update coming this week" -- doesn't mean anything

"release date is..."  -- doesn't mean anything

"100% refundable at any time" --  doesn't mean anything

etc...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@jerseystyle you should watch Mullis' footage of Cornhole. It may surprise you. The game graphically has been downgraded since 2020 footage. It visually looks worse. They have fixed the "Placeholder text" and I didn't see Conhole anywhere.

However, after 4 years of dev work on this game we have this great attention to detail.

Backyards in Canada, USA, and Spain look the same...

Screenshot_20230529_175944_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b233631c6f3856dc7d5a4fea7d96d93f.jpgScreenshot_20230529_180141_YouTube.thumb.jpg.11890d6dc93a77205c6be9da73beb11d.jpgScreenshot_20230529_180044_YouTube.thumb.jpg.45b168f6ca1980b717b3777786c49043.jpg

And Japan looks suspiciously like London.. 

Screenshot_20230529_181227_YouTube.thumb.jpg.66189445994002ada4cd3004a11161d4.jpg

When he clicks on Japan it is a different level than shown. It is just another example of corners cut despite have an additional 3+ years to polish it.

Gameplay is another story. It still looks like a mess for control. Mullis kid #2 had a bag get "jedi force pushed" off the board at 4:35. The kid made a cute joke about the Running Man kicking it off. Funny and accurate as that's what it looked like. So there are still some bugs in there.

Mullis kid #1 also made a hilarious comment about 5:25 minutes in about the creator of Physics would be mad at this game. 🤣🤣

Those two parts were the highlights IMO. 

In the end it doesn't look finished, and the art design was poor. Pretty sure it is a bunch of off the self assets thrown together. Too much open/dead space and no focus in the boards which do have different designs. The board looks like it might reside in a different galaxy from the thrower. Plus the action isn't 1 to 1. They throw and then you wait. Unlike Bowling and Darts in Switch Sports and Clubhouse games.

Really disappointed as this could have been better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Pretty sure it is a bunch of off the self assets thrown together.

They are also still using stock photos and freebies from the Internet (including those attributed not for commercial use) for their board unlockables. Feels like a move they'd want to avoid after a series of "placeholder" incidents and years of development. This should not had been a difficult task to commission truly original and cohesive board designs. It seems more like "I'm Feeling Lucky" on Google Images.

The physics really feel difficult to work with, and I'm not fully understanding the power/arm swing mechanic. I don't understand how that one throw got flung way off the board when everything seemed to line up.

image.png.8508835213219c313329bb9bd8c58a5a.png

image.thumb.png.521675055861d704647206b8b83c5483.png

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

They are also still using stock photos and freebies from the Internet (including those attributed not for commercial use) for their board unlockables. Feels like a move they'd want to avoid after a series of "placeholder" incidents and years of development. This should not had been a difficult task to commission truly original and cohesive board designs. It seems more like "I'm Feeling Lucky" on Google Images.

The physics really feel difficult to work with, and I'm not fully understanding the power/arm swing mechanic. I don't understand how that one throw got flung way off the board when everything seemed to line up.

image.png.8508835213219c313329bb9bd8c58a5a.png

image.thumb.png.521675055861d704647206b8b83c5483.png

I mean would you expect any less of them at this point?

The Battle Tanks was blatantly ripped off to the point they edited out the Fury on the cannon. You don't do that for "placeholders". Not to mention they stole from two different games. Then Tommy lied about the first description saying it was labeled as WIP when it wasn't. 

The Star Fox placeholders is just as bad. Thanks to Arcade Heroes for pointing that one out. 

I think that is the reason the Deep Dives were axed. They underestimated everyone's ability to pay attention, and figured people would find other issues. As the Mullis Marketing continues I would not be surprised if people find more.

• Like 1

Good discussion on Discord "Intelligent Amico Open Discussion" where posters have identified the Unity graphic assets used in Cornhole.  They also discussed the downgrading of the Graphics from the 2020 version mentioning the Unity details slider may have been moved down in order to get a decent framerate on the old hardware used by the Amico.

Edited by rayik
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, rayik said:

Good discussion on Discord "Intelligent Amico Open Discussion" where posters have identified the Unity graphic assets used in Cornhole.  They also discussed the downgrading of the Graphics from the 2020 version mentioning the Unity details slider may have been moved down in order to get a decent framerate on the old hardware used by the Amico.

So what I mentioned May 8 might be true?

Wild guess based on all the postings I have read.

The processor did not meet its expectations causing a scrambling to "optimize" individual elements including s/w.

Color me not surprised.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

@jerseystyle you should watch Mullis' footage of Cornhole. It may surprise you. The game graphically has been downgraded since 2020 footage. It visually looks worse. They have fixed the "Placeholder text" and I didn't see Conhole anywhere.

However, after 4 years of dev work on this game we have this great attention to detail.

Backyards in Canada, USA, and Spain look the same...

Screenshot_20230529_175944_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b233631c6f3856dc7d5a4fea7d96d93f.jpgScreenshot_20230529_180141_YouTube.thumb.jpg.11890d6dc93a77205c6be9da73beb11d.jpgScreenshot_20230529_180044_YouTube.thumb.jpg.45b168f6ca1980b717b3777786c49043.jpg

And Japan looks suspiciously like London.. 

Screenshot_20230529_181227_YouTube.thumb.jpg.66189445994002ada4cd3004a11161d4.jpg

When he clicks on Japan it is a different level than shown. It is just another example of corners cut despite have an additional 3+ years to polish it.

Gameplay is another story. It still looks like a mess for control. Mullis kid #2 had a bag get "jedi force pushed" off the board at 4:35. The kid made a cute joke about the Running Man kicking it off. Funny and accurate as that's what it looked like. So there are still some bugs in there.

Mullis kid #1 also made a hilarious comment about 5:25 minutes in about the creator of Physics would be mad at this game. 🤣🤣

Those two parts were the highlights IMO. 

In the end it doesn't look finished, and the art design was poor. Pretty sure it is a bunch of off the self assets thrown together. Too much open/dead space and no focus in the boards which do have different designs. The board looks like it might reside in a different galaxy from the thrower. Plus the action isn't 1 to 1. They throw and then you wait. Unlike Bowling and Darts in Switch Sports and Clubhouse games.

Really disappointed as this could have been better.

I watched the video for a few minutes. Yeah it looks like garbage compared to its initial debut. Completely soulless. Graphics remind me of Shark! Shark! in the way that they are functional but have no uniqueness. Like the whole thing was just made by looking at 90s clip art.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rayik said:

In the old footage you could see the Cornhole footage looking jittery. I'm not surprised if they had to downgrade everything to make it run. Farkle was even laggy.

Maybe they should upgrade from their special 2D chip to at least a 2.5D chip. 🤣 Remember it can do 2D better than the PS4.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

I guess someone at Intellivision remembered the password to their website.

https://intellivision.com/press-releases/intellivision-update-may-2023

Heh!  When I click that link, it takes me to the update, but gives me a pop-up and but won't let me read the update until I click one of the links to purchase. 

image.png.fc93219d37f0b22a3a68481850cda050.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Heh!  When I click that link, it takes me to the update, but gives me a pop-up and but won't let me read the update until I click one of the links to purchase. 

image.png.fc93219d37f0b22a3a68481850cda050.png

You should be able to just click outside of that ad box to remove it

Interesting to note that even after this additional time, no mention is actually made re: BBG

• Like 2