IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

18 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

True.    

At this point, though, we can apply that same logic to pretty much anything they've said and are likely to say.

"update coming this week" -- doesn't mean anything

"release date is..."  -- doesn't mean anything

"100% refundable at any time" --  doesn't mean anything

etc...

The fully refundable deposit is part of a contract agreement.  If they don't refund requests they are in breach of contract.  It's why they refunded deposits upon request until they ran out of money.

Saying they are talking to someone about a license means they don't have that license.

If they are late with an update it means they are late with an update.  We've known for a while now that release dates don't mean anything so it's good they've stopped doing that.  Better to just make an announcement when they actually ship or publish product.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

The fully refundable deposit is part of a contract agreement.  If they don't refund requests they are in breach of contract.  It's why they refunded deposits upon request until they ran out of money.

Saying they are talking to someone about a license means they don't have that license.

If they are late with an update it means they are late with an update.  We've known for a while now that release dates don't mean anything so it's good they've stopped doing that.  Better to just make an announcement when they actually ship or publish product.

If a fully refundable deposit is part of a contract agreement, but the entity fails to honor refund requests, it can be considered a breach of contract. The specific consequences and available remedies would depend on the jurisdiction and the terms outlined in the contract.

Here are some general steps that could be taken:

Review the contract: Carefully examine the terms of the contract to ensure that the entity is indeed obligated to refund the deposit in certain circumstances. Look for any specific conditions or timelines mentioned regarding refund requests.

Document the refund request: Make sure to keep records of all communication and evidence related to the refund request. This includes any written requests, emails, receipts, or other relevant documentation.

Communicate with the entity: Reach out to the entity in writing (email or formal letter) and clearly state your claim for a refund, referring to the specific terms of the contract. Provide any supporting evidence or documentation that strengthens your case. It is important to maintain a professional and courteous tone in your communication.

Seek legal advice: If the entity continues to refuse the refund without a valid reason, consider consulting with a lawyer specializing in contract law. They can evaluate the situation, review the contract, and provide guidance on the best course of action based on applicable laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.

Mediation or negotiation: In some cases, it may be beneficial to engage in mediation or negotiation with the entity to resolve the dispute amicably. This can involve a neutral third party helping to facilitate a resolution between the parties.

Legal action: If all attempts to resolve the matter fail, you may choose to take legal action. Your lawyer can guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit and representing your interests in court. Keep in mind that litigation can be time-consuming and expensive, so it is essential to assess the potential costs and benefits before pursuing this option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

I remember when I was buying a house and I didn't have the money.  I told the realtor I was talking to the bank about them loaning me the money.  Based on that, they took me and my wife all around town to show us houses I didn't have the money to buy.  When we chose one we wanted, they drafted a contract that the previous owner and I both signed for me to buy the house when all parties involved knew I didn't have the money.  Even the "prequalification" letter I had indicated that the bank had not given me any money.  Now, why would they do such a thing?  Because I had said something that gave them a reasonable expectation that I was going to get the money.

I don't have a million dollars to buy a nice NYC apartment.  You know how I say that?  I say "I don't have a million dollars."  If I'd said it another way, like "I'm talking to the bank about them giving me a million dollars," that does have the same semantic freight as saying "I don't have a million dollars."

Do not tell me you don't understand the difference in the messages being communicated there.  Every thinking person knows there's a world of difference when the CEO of a (at the time) multi-million dollar startup - which owns the licenses for games which based on Tron, and is supposedly staffed by connected industry vets who deal with these issues all the time - says they're "working on it right now" and all but guarantees a release after launch, that is not meant to communicate a mere Wouldn't That Be Something.

Edited by MrTrust
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I guess someone at Intellivision remembered the password to their website.

https://intellivision.com/press-releases/intellivision-update-may-2023

Well it is only 5 employees with CONFIRMED multiple fake accounts. I'm sure trying to figure out which account went with the qwerty password was difficult.

6 hours ago, number6 said:

You should be able to just click outside of that ad box to remove it

Interesting to note that even after this additional time, no mention is actually made re: BBG

Mentioning that agreement only makes them look bad. It also is blatantly obvious they have money now. Which...

4 hours ago, digdugnate said:

If a fully refundable deposit is part of a contract agreement, but the entity fails to honor refund requests, it can be considered a breach of contract. The specific consequences and available remedies would depend on the jurisdiction and the terms outlined in the contract.

Here are some general steps that could be taken:

Review the contract: Carefully examine the terms of the contract to ensure that the entity is indeed obligated to refund the deposit in certain circumstances. Look for any specific conditions or timelines mentioned regarding refund requests.

Document the refund request: Make sure to keep records of all communication and evidence related to the refund request. This includes any written requests, emails, receipts, or other relevant documentation.

Communicate with the entity: Reach out to the entity in writing (email or formal letter) and clearly state your claim for a refund, referring to the specific terms of the contract. Provide any supporting evidence or documentation that strengthens your case. It is important to maintain a professional and courteous tone in your communication.

Seek legal advice: If the entity continues to refuse the refund without a valid reason, consider consulting with a lawyer specializing in contract law. They can evaluate the situation, review the contract, and provide guidance on the best course of action based on applicable laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.

Mediation or negotiation: In some cases, it may be beneficial to engage in mediation or negotiation with the entity to resolve the dispute amicably. This can involve a neutral third party helping to facilitate a resolution between the parties.

Legal action: If all attempts to resolve the matter fail, you may choose to take legal action. Your lawyer can guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit and representing your interests in court. Keep in mind that litigation can be time-consuming and expensive, so it is essential to assess the potential costs and benefits before pursuing this option.

they continue to not refund. The deal of selling off two IPs should be enough to almost refund everyone. Uncle Phil the hatchet man!

Beep boop

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well it is only 5 employees with CONFIRMED multiple fake accounts. I'm sure trying to figure out which account went with the qwerty password was difficult.

Mentioning that agreement only makes them look bad. It also is blatantly obvious they have money now. Which...

they continue to not refund. The deal of selling off two IPs should be enough to almost refund everyone. Uncle Phil the hatchet man!

Unless retirements from Linkedin are "delayed", I'd say there are a lot more than 5.

Also why is it obvious they have money now? And even if they did I still think they'll have to pay other expenses to keep the dream alive.

There was a comment from John that indicated further details would follow.

If he's willing to answer a question?

Who owns the source code or is it being shared?

Edited by number6
Added question
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, number6 said:

Unless retirements from Linkedin are "delayed", I'd say there are a lot more than 5.

Also why is it obvious they have money now? And even if they did I still think they'll have to pay other expenses to keep the dream alive.

There was a comment from John that indicated further details would follow.

If he's willing to answer a question?

Who owns the source code or is it being shared?

I mean it's entirely possible they just pocketed the money. Phil seems to be the guy for the job of hacking up what they own and sell it off.

He has thrown around 6 figures for licensing a game. Could beba bunch of hogwash but we know that those games were bought which means money. 

I asked John that question amd he didn't respond. I think the issue and confusion comes from which games are we talking about. Amico Astrosmash and Amico Shark Shark seem to be shared between IE and BBG to where IE can release those two. IE still gets money for those games if released prior to the deal (i.e. Evercade Intv carts), any new versions/collections of the original games would need to go through BBG. Any new versions of those two games are BBG and not IE.

IE employees are trying to do damage control over Amico games specifically. The five employees come from here. https://www.gameswirtschaft.de/wirtschaft/intellivision-amico-phil-adam-interview-eng/

Screenshot_20230530_220917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0411d71ccb3acc57aa753d2c506c1653.jpg

I still think it's possible that the freelancers and consultants are Mullis and DJC 🤣

From the same article. How do you read this? I read it as Phil is just focusing on Amico versions and not the old games.

Screenshot_20230530_221704_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df283890e0c821fa92db4c99b1a37d69.jpg

Really the issue is you don't have anyone doing an interview nor asking the specifics. John might say they will reveal more later. They've also said they'd update soon, or release a console over the years, Yada Yada yada.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Why would you want a refund when you can be part of the Amico Club List™️ instead anyway? 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@MrBeefy

Pray tell, how does

himself, a finance expert, a colleague for business development, plus a couple of freelancers and consultants.

equal "5" when there are a "couple of freelancers and consultants"?

Be careful with translated articles and/or articles originating in another language and hand translated by someone.

In addition, this notion of "5" would only apply to "paid" employees, right?

I agree with your comment:

Really the issue is you don't have anyone doing an interview nor asking the specifics

I can't even be sure of what is a quote vs just a recollection of what was said in the chat, which was the source.

On other topic, thank you for asking John. Yes, I'm referring to Astrosmash/Shark! Shark!. It's only logical that if both IE and BBG have a present or future (in the case of IE) right that both would have access to the code. You can read about Unity and shared packages as well to understand how multiple parties can work on the same project, make changes, and resubmit the package to another party.

Edited by number6
Added references
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, number6 said:

@MrBeefy

Pray tell, how does

equal "5" when there are a "couple of freelancers and consultants"?

himself (1) , a finance expert(1) a colleague for business development (1), plus a couple of freelancers and consultants(couple=2)

1+1+1+2=600 years experience! 🤪

BUT seriously that sounds like Phil, Nick, John (as a freelancer), and then one more business person and one more freelancer/consultant. I would expect those 5 to be pulling a paycheck. I did hear a rumor a while back that everyone was asked to leave their LinkedIn active so people wouldn't see they were being gutted.

John's not going to answer my question. So don't get excited. Answering it will do nothing to make IE look good. This type of situation was the same type of problem when Tommy was doing the rounds on YouTube. Not really anyone ever asked the right questions or clarifying ones. They would also let Tommy ramble which he would avoid many questions. The few instances when someone would he would either get frustrated like he did on Top loaded Gaming, or have a brain hiccup like with Slopes asking specifics about rfid.

They have always been vague to allow the listener to take what they say anyway they wanted. Wouldn't that be something? Yeah we have the license to ___________. Yeah we are in talks with Disney! Talks with Disney could just be he sent an email. Having the license to do old games doesn't mean they are. Having the ability to make the game does not mean the game will be made. I think it's completely possible Tommy ran around like a kid in a candy shop blowing money to get the ability to make the old games, but never had any devs lined up working on them.

Or he could have been lying about it all. I mean how is EWJ 4 coming along? 😜

25 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

himself (1) , a finance expert(1) a colleague for business development (1), plus a couple of freelancers and consultants(couple=2)

1+1+1+2=600 years experience! 🤪

Bah. In that case it should have been written "plus a freelancer and a consultant". It was not.

Anyway, it's loaded with phrases also that don't translate from one language to another.

Adam has turned the business model on his head

They meant "turned the business model on its head" (upside down so to speak)

Seriously there's not enough "white space" here to detail all the possible areas of confusion in this one.

OK. I see what's happening here. No one is bothering to read my links. In that case I'll post the relevant content -from- the links. heh.

The article says "then one more business person" and the content of my link says...

"Signatory's Name: Jason Enos
Signatory's Position: Vice President of Production / Business Development"

Is it illogical to assume this refers to the same person?

Re: questions and answers

Perhaps Phil does not believe anyone could perform an interview in a respectful fashion.

If you argue that's not it, he doesn't want to say anything...then why does this German "interview" even exist?

Edited by number6
Added references
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I assume they did multiple manufacturing runs of of the "physical" products, after all, Tommy encouraged people to buy them because they were nearly sold out a year and a half ago, and Tommy wouldn't say that if it wasn't true... right?!

Yes!  Remember, collect 'em all!  There may be variants!!!

1 hour ago, number6 said:

Bah. In that case it should have been written "plus a freelancer and a consultant". It was not.

Anyway, it's loaded with phrases also that don't translate from one language to another.

They meant "turned the business model on its head" (upside down so to speak)

Seriously there's not enough "white space" here to detail all the possible areas of confusion in this one.

OK. I see what's happening here. No one is bothering to read my links. In that case I'll post the relevant content -from- the links. heh.

The article says "then one more business person" and the content of my link says...

"Signatory's Name: Jason Enos
Signatory's Position: Vice President of Production / Business Development"

Is it illogical to assume this refers to the same person?

Re: questions and answers

Perhaps Phil does not believe anyone could perform an interview in a respectful fashion.

If you argue that's not it, he doesn't want to say anything...then why does this German "interview" even exist?

Nick, Phil, Jason, John, random unknown freelancer.

I find it weird that Phil has only done an interview through this source. Why not other places?

I would wonder if it's somehow tied to the grant money? Like are they required to talk with certain outlets? Maybe this outlet was the only one interested enough to reach out?

I do find it weird.

1 hour ago, Tommy2D said:

Yes!  Remember, collect 'em all!  There may be variants!!!

It isn't a variant if all of them have the same print on the spine. That's just a lack of attention to detail.

sneak PEAK

INTELLEVISION

CONhole

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Nick, Phil, Jason, John, random unknown freelancer.

I find it weird that Phil has only done an interview through this source. Why not other places?

I would wonder if it's somehow tied to the grant money? Like are they required to talk with certain outlets? Maybe this outlet was the only one interested enough to reach out?

I do find it weird.

I thought someone said John was the freelancer. If so then likely consultant might be the co-founder, who would certainly have some say in what goes on, no?

2 hours ago, number6 said:

I thought someone said John was the freelancer. If so then likely consultant might be the co-founder, who would certainly have some say in what goes on, no?

Didn't Hans say he was still working for Intellivision as a "consultant" ?  I'm sure they consulted with him about selling to BBG. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Didn't Hans say he was still working for Intellivision as a "consultant" ?  I'm sure they consulted with him about selling to BBG. 

If LinkedIn is worth anything his title did change to "Executive Consultant and Advisor" for a year after being "Managing Director/ President Europe"

Beyond that, I would not know.

4 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

CONhole.... really sounds like the whole Amico project from the start, eh?

Remember he left that in as a joke.

Hey by Tommy's definition here they ARE crowdfunding!

Screenshot_20230531_142901_Reddit.thumb.jpg.0cd6e4d86be1e97314cfe1e122ab7562.jpg

😂

Serious question, did Tommy get anything right?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Serious question, did Tommy get anything right?

• He had a lot of enthusiasm
  • He had a lot of energy
  • He has a cute doggie
  • He attempted to engage with fans of the classic IP and spent a lot of time on making them feel special on a very personal level
  • He serves as a good example on what could go wrong if you do not develop and follow a communications plan for a complex, multi-million dollar product
  • He seems to have enough self-discipline to shut his pie-hole when ordered to do so by management or legal counsel

I remember when it seemed like maybe, with the touted money, connections, and modest product specifications, that Amico would do what Atari VCS or the Mike Kennedyvision dream consoles failed to deliver. I never anticipated it going on so long, with such colorful characters, and such profound mismanagement and ineptitude. 

I know our taco jokes were tiresome, but really, what would have been the harm in allowing people to gently mock @Tommy Tallarico's "I'm such a cool dude you should kiss my tiny feet" attitude? If anything, it would have forced him to tighten up his message and not waste peoples time. 

I'm talking about the semi-mean little jokes like this, for a console which was terribly communicated and 2 years late. Were we that afraid of alienating the pseudo-celebrity who claimed to have a lot of lawyers. A good product can take a joke. 

Atari-Bat-Bomb.thumb.png.f9382b5a13e9a65d64c1c288aa94c5b7.png

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:
  • He had a lot of enthusiasm
  • He had a lot of energy
  • He has a cute doggie
  • He attempted to engage with fans of the classic IP and spent a lot of time on making them feel special on a very personal level
  • He serves as a good example on what could go wrong if you do not develop and follow a communications plan for a complex, multi-million dollar product
  • He seems to have enough self-discipline to shut his pie-hole when ordered to do so by management or legal counsel

I remember when it seemed like maybe, with the touted money, connections, and modest product specifications, that Amico would do what Atari VCS or the Mike Kennedyvision dream consoles failed to deliver. I never anticipated it going on so long, with such colorful characters, and such profound mismanagement and ineptitude. 

I know our taco jokes were tiresome, but really, what would have been the harm in allowing people to gently mock @Tommy Tallarico's "I'm such a cool dude you should kiss my tiny feet" attitude? If anything, it would have forced him to tighten up his message and not waste peoples time. 

I'm talking about the semi-mean little jokes like this, for a console which was terribly communicated and 2 years late. Were we that afraid of alienating the pseudo-celebrity who claimed to have a lot of lawyers. A good product can take a joke. 

Atari-Bat-Bomb.thumb.png.f9382b5a13e9a65d64c1c288aa94c5b7.png

What did the Atari VCS fail to do? They released, built an ecosystem, supported post release, have a bunch of games… Amico would love to have their success, I think. I’ll admit I was on the “VCS is a scam” train and they proved me wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

What did the Atari VCS fail to do? They released, built an ecosystem, supported post release, have a bunch of games… Amico would love to have their success, I think. I’ll admit I was on the “VCS is a scam” train and they proved me wrong. 

My assumption for the implication is that the VCS failed to break out in any way (as we all knew it wouldn't) and was not a net positive for the company in terms of revenue. It's something the current regime would have never pursued. With that said, of course all the credit to Atari for actually releasing it and extra points for still supporting it. I really thought they'd drop support by now, but the VCS may very well make it through the end of 2023 with the same level of modest support before being officially discontinued. 

• Like 3