IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

3 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

If anyone was looking forward to playing Amico on the Bashbox, I may have some bad news.

I say this with all due creative respect to the Bash Box team since it's hard to put yourself out there and create stuff and be open to criticism, but why would Unico commission them for that? I have never seen anything particularly deep or polished from Bash Box (I'd love to be shown otherwise - I truly may not be aware), so is it just the lowest bidder type of thing and they're just looking for front-end and interfacing expertise? I mean, Bash Box was an epically bad idea, but I don't fault them for trying something like that (we all have dreams), but this is something else entirely.

• Like 4

On 6/2/2024 at 7:01 PM, Razzie.P said:

You could probably just sell the empty boxes with a download code for Pepsi.   Code doesn't have to work, it's been proven that stuff like that will sell.

Dang it Razzie!   I don't want to snort coffee out my nose again!!

(This was pretty funny!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

If anyone was looking forward to playing Amico on the Bashbox, I may have some bad news.

What the Hell's a Bash Box?

If I wanna bash something,  I'll Bash the Amico!

9 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

What the Hell's a Bash Box?

If I wanna bash something,  I'll Bash the Amico!

A basic android box console that showed off some really bad looking games. However, it would be able to have and run Amico Home on it. Yay!

Well not yay anymore. The guy running it seemed authentic but naive. I'm guessing reality hit him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I really recommend taking a look at their Pitfall clone. It makes Amico games look like AAA in comparison.

I wonder if that footage contains any stolen assets. :lol:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I really recommend taking a look at their Pitfall clone. It makes Amico games look like AAA in comparison.

That pitfall clone was one of the worst trailers I’ve ever seen. In fact, Bash Box’s entire preview was probably the worst “sizzle real” I can recall. It made the Amico games look AAA in comparison. The fact that some company hired them AFTER that came out lends me to believe it’s another grift in the works. Or this is all the equivalent of Youtubers subscribing to each other’s channels.

9 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Oh totally. That's why it didn't surprise me he was interested in getting Amico Home on it. It was going to need any and everything it could to get people to buy it.

On a different note. Would anyone like to add any additional goalposts those dubbed haters have made? 

Spoiler

RDT_20240605_1236093403950505516207546.thumb.jpg.10902f18e04e227a7ce4548026b89859.jpg

I would like to know in how many other ways those with working grey matter got things wrong.

Also does being dragged behind the Ferrari count as tagging along?

:D

• Haha 2

Some people,  (AtariAge members I mean) seem nice if you ignore their "Amico Friendly" comments...A lot drunk on the KoolAid and quite mislead;  Hopefully,  Only in the Past.   I'm genuinely curious what they think Now.

On the Plus (?) Side,  Who knew I had such power as a HATER?    Oh that's Right!! Tremble before me Charlatans and Grifters!!  I can bring down an Empire with a quarter comment on the internet;  The keyboard is mightier than the sword!  And Millions will be lost if my comment gets read!   And I typed this comment with my toes while standing on my head, drinking a beer, causing the earth to tremble and goalposts to "shift"...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Some people,  (AtariAge members I mean) seem nice if you ignore their "Amico Friendly" comments...A lot drunk on the KoolAid and quite mislead;  Hopefully,  Only in the Past.   I'm genuinely curious what they think Now.

On the Plus (?) Side,  Who knew I had such power as a HATER?    Oh that's Right!! Tremble before me Charlatans and Grifters!!  I can bring down an Empire with a quarter comment on the internet;  The keyboard is mightier than the sword!  And Millions will be lost if my comment gets read!   And I typed this comment with my toes while standing on my head, drinking a beer, causing the earth to tremble and goalposts to "shift"...

HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU use your power as a hater! I totally would be playing Amico with my son now and not the smutty Nintendo Switch!

It's all your fault they weren't able to pass certs, finish the console, games, or not spend all the money needed for refunds or to make it!

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think the Bash Box guy was just preparing for what everyone was going to say about it. 🤣

Hey everyone, giving refunds that they guaranteed were, 100% refundable anytime, is not a priority.

@GoldLeader this is what the Kool-Aid drinkers think Now.

RDT_20240605_2234135804712583090136245.thumb.jpg.7d0ea67e4824064d89918f7c70454036.jpg

It's amazing to think he believes smart TVs will adapt to run Amico Home, but not the reality it's a failed endeavor.

Wild Bill...marketing won't save this even if they had the money. Besides it has already been done. It's called the AirConsole.

https://www.airconsole.com/

Screenshot_20240605_223829_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d2b787d41d28d02d823524b688b48577.jpg

Edited by MrBeefy

14 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

History keeps repeating itself.

image.png.8a65357565c8e2932de33cd950a7af43.png

RetroBro there got what he paid for and actively and knowingly lied for Tommy. So, he is quite aware they don't learn.