IGNORED

Lock on tech for 7800?

Hello!!!

So, I've been working on It's Conner Time! for the atari 7800 and the game is turning out to be smaller than I thought. So I thought maybe I could design a special chip that could do one of two things:
1. Using a port on the cartridge, Map $4000-$7FFF of the "external" cartridge to $4000-$7FFF of the address space

2. Using External RAM ($4000-$7FFF), use 1 byte to "Swap" to the attached (Cart on the cart) cartridge and when set to 1, $8000-$FFFF on the external cartridge will be mapped into the main memory.

This could be very useful for many games; It could add more levels to games (For example, I wanted 4 versions of "It's Conner time!", each having the same goal, but having a whole new world to explore, and when added to the base main game, would expand it, allowing you to access more levels, and maybe, even the "full" game (It could have a "to be continued" otherwise, but after where that would be, the remaining adventure would be dictated by a mix of the main and connected games))

Now, before you all just go "Build it yourself!" I can't. I don't have a soldering iron or anything you need to make your own chip, and I'm a software guy. 

This also might work with the current bank switching routines and use some of the available banks to map to an external cartridge.