IGNORED

what are some horrid NES games that were not published by LJN or Acclaim?

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 5:44 PM, Leonard Smith said:

Try anything from Bandai and Broderbund (yes, even the version of Lode Runner is kind of meh when compared to the home computer releases of the era).

Dragon Spirit: The New Legend is a good shooter. It is one the first NES games that I owned.

I know there differences from the Arcade version of Dragon Spirit, but it does not  change the fact Dragon Spirt: The New Legend is good, fun game.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, 7800Knight said:

Super Pitfall!

That game is so bad it needs to be declared a controlled substance.  It's totally unworthy of the Pitfall name.

Activision somewhat did have a mediocre output with their higher known ips on the NES. Ghostbusters was another trainwreck for the system.

Ubisoft deserves mention here... more specifically Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I had this for the PC which was titled the *action* game - far from it. I was not aware that even Lucasfilm Games (at that time) farmed this out to Tiertex (need not say more). 

So I rented this one at our local gas station/videostore knowing what to expect. Yep, same mess as the previous version, but they try to one up it here and include bosses, obtain various level items - it didn't work. Let's just say the Taito version is vastly superior. As much as a trainwreck this game was, I regret not buying it when the aforementioned rental place closed. I really can't believe how much Cib copies go for now...

Edited by schuwalker

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow the branding of Total Horrible Quality (aka: THQ) just hasn't been rubbed over enough salt, glass and lemon juice yet, there's just so much ammo.

So let's go with one where NOTHING has value other than the value of just striving to succeed at sucking, hard, not just the game, but the source material questioning many peoples levels of sanity to think his should have ever burst forward from the same sacks face huggers pop from to drain the life from you all the same...

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, this pos movie, turned cartoon, also turned terrible game.  Fear it.

At 11:46 even the game acknowledges how awful it is asking when this game is going to end.  Yeah, it's that bad, it's self aware it's shitty.  And yes this turd it about 15 minutes too long.

12 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

Rock n bullwinkle is an interesting case. Why make a game about a show that no one even remembers?

The show was in syndication for years. I'm middle aged now and I watched it as a kid in the 80s.

The weirdest NES license is Barker Bill's Trick Shooting based on a cartoon that ran for a short time in the 1950s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barker_Bill's_Cartoon_Show

19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Somehow the branding of Total Horrible Quality (aka: THQ) just hasn't been rubbed over enough salt, glass and lemon juice yet, there's just so much ammo.

So let's go with one where NOTHING has value other than the value of just striving to succeed at sucking, hard, not just the game, but the source material questioning many peoples levels of sanity to think his should have ever burst forward from the same sacks face huggers pop from to drain the life from you all the same...

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, this pos movie, turned cartoon, also turned terrible game.  Fear it.

At 11:46 even the game acknowledges how awful it is asking when this game is going to end.  Yeah, it's that bad, it's self aware it's shitty.  And yes this turd it about 15 minutes too long.

that's hilarious

• 2 months later...

There is only one correct answer in this thread, Hydlide. I know I mentioned it in another thread, but porting a 1983 PC game to the NES in 89 just seems like a wasteful thing to do. I only have the game (and Ghosts N Goblins) because I loaned my copy of Super C to a friend, he got his bike and my game stolen, and these 2 games are what he gave to me in return. Surely not a fair tradoff at all, but Super C is back in my collection these days, gotten right before the value of the game shot up quite a bit.