IGNORED

The Future of Intellivision-related intellectual property, rights, etc

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Intv is selling off game IP but retaining the right to use?   Is that correct?

Yes, at least based on this line from the official press release (https://bbg-entertainment.com/bbg-unveils-legendary-classics-for-modern-consoles/ "Under this new ownership arrangement, Intellivision® Entertainment, LLC will retain any preexisting activations of the original versions of ASTROSMASH® and SHARK! SHARK!™ as well as any versions for future platforms from Intellivision®."

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 5

On 5/24/2023 at 8:16 PM, Sinjinhawke said:

An actual review of Amico Shark Shark but the PC port.  Still looks fun.

Would be great if they released all of the unreleased game for PC or other platforms.  Seeing the Amico will never happen, many of us got bilked of various amounts of money it just seems like the right thing to do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Would be great if they released all of the unreleased game for PC or other platforms.  Seeing the Amico will never happen, many of us got bilked of various amounts of money it just seems like the right thing to do.

Evercade Amico carts,please! 🙏🫰

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't really care about the games one way or the other since they're relatively basic and more or less have been done before. I was personally more interested in the overall experience on the console. What I do care about is getting a refund for the console and then some type of credit for the empty boxed games. If that means digital credit to purchase these games for other platforms, so be it, although that of course is not remotely what it sounded like would happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemintronic said:

I still wonder where the Aquarius character set went.  Be nice to know before making an Aquarius style game only for Unknown Rights Holder X to strike.

As an Aquarius owner I can tell you that I don't think that's something you'll ever have to worry about. It was last with Radofin, of course, and then who knows after that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I don't really care about the games one way or the other since they're relatively basic and more or less have been done before. I was personally more interested in the overall experience on the console. What I do care about is getting a refund for the console and then some type of credit for the empty boxed games. If that means digital credit to purchase these games for other platforms, so be it, although that of course is not remotely what it sounded like would happen.

I totally agree.  Same here.  I never got my 100 back, even after 2 emails ...and was dumb enough to buy the "boxed" games thinking the console would eventually hit the shelves.

That's $350 down the tubes.

33 minutes ago, ApolloBoy said:

A budget phone from 2016 is enough though...

Not quite.  According to the specifications that 2016 phone has a weaker cpu and gpu.  But if you develop for it, your game should be no problem for the Amico.

The original Evercade however only has a 32-bit cpu and 256MB RAM.

Edited by mr_me

On 5/26/2023 at 9:45 AM, IMBerzerk said:

I totally agree.  Same here.  I never got my 100 back, even after 2 emails ...and was dumb enough to buy the "boxed" games thinking the console would eventually hit the shelves.

That's $350 down the tubes.

I've been kind of tempted to get the boxed game set solely as a memento of what could have been.

But not for the price they're charging. Maybe on clearance…

And yeah, crickets to my requests for refunds.

• Like 1

It doesn't look like this thread hasn't figured out the IP situation either. :(

On 5/25/2023 at 10:51 PM, IMBerzerk said:

Sad thing is even when released on PC amd such you will be asked to fork over money again. I'm looking at possibly getting Shark Shark on Switch when it releases. Assuming it's around $5.

• 1 month later...

Anyone think BBG will let homebrewers make sequels to the games? They did work with brewers on the re-release of Boulder Dash 2600.

The original Intellivision games will be included with these updated ones when released on Switch, Steam, etc.

16889838130457030820926191160882.thumb.png.cb53a711d1af02327287a605b7ae73bd.png

16889838418203261011409245987047.thumb.png.8420d88e489924e97339fcb56e839244.png

• Like 3