IGNORED

Pi1541 and JiffyDOS = corrupt files?

Calab

I have a flat C128 machine with a JiffyDOS C128 and C64 kernel. I don't have the stock kernel, unfortunately. Connected to this machine is a Pi1541, using a Pi 3B+.  If I put the stock 1541 ROM onto the Pi1541, everything works as it should. Programs load properly (even Ghosts & Goblins), but at stock 1541 speeds.  If I place a JiffyDOS 1541 ROM image on the Pi1541, most of my attempts to load a file, or even get a directory listing fail with corrupted data.

I assume the issue is with the Pi1541, but could be the JiffyDOS ROM that I have installed. I don't have any EPROMs I can use to try and create another EPROM, unfortunately. I have tried multiple power supplies and multiple serial cables.

Are there any common issues on the Pi1541 that could corrupt data like in the second photo below?

This is with the 1541 ROM on the Pi1541:

1541.thumb.jpg.bc016cc5d65748a6ebc12889530b0235.jpg

and this is with the JiffyDOS 1541 ROM on the Pi1541:

JiffyDOS.thumb.jpg.c8735cdab4ff341e37048a9c8db95489.jpg

Edited by Calab

I don't have any of those errors when using a JiffyDOS equipped pi1541's with my JiffyDOS C128's.
What firmware version of pi1541 are you using?
Option A or option B design?
Can you share your options.txt so that I can try to reproduce it on my units?

5 hours ago, hofster said:

I don't have any of those errors when using a JiffyDOS equipped pi1541's with my JiffyDOS C128's.
What firmware version of pi1541 are you using?
Option A or option B design?
Can you share your options.txt so that I can try to reproduce it on my units?

I don't remember the firmware version, but I think it's 1.24. There are no dates on the version on the Pi1541 website, so it's hard to guess when they came out.

Option B design.

I was going to share an image of the whole SD card, so I just made up a small one using some of the files from my original SD card. For some reason, this new card is working with 1541-II DOS and 1541-II JiffyDOS.  Either the original SD card is failing somehow, or the Pi1541 is being corrupted by one of the files that I didn't move to the new card.

Bottom line is that I think I found the fix (Use a fresh SD card). I'm currently building a new SD card with all the same software as the original.

11 hours ago, Calab said:

Bottom line is that I think I found the fix (Use a fresh SD card). I'm currently building a new SD card with all the same software as the original.

Well, I filled the new card and now it is experiencing the same issue as before. I will ZIP an image of it and post here later today.