IGNORED

Game Gear - RetroSix Clean Screen Mod Issues...

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone on here is doing any RetroSix Clean Screen mods on their Game Gears.

I have a GG board that is recapped by me, Clean Screen board installed and wired, but I'm having some issues getting the Clean Screen to be... well, clean.

I visually checked all the usual things like solder bridging, reflowing solder points, LCD ribbon cable, etc. I even swapped out Clean Screen boards, LCDs, and caps, to rule out defective components. I even recapped a GG power board to test it with and still the same issues.

I'm thinking it's an issue with the GG board itself, maybe a bad component like a resistor or something, but I have no knowledge of most of the other soldered on components other than caps... 

Sorry for the video being sideways, it would seem the screen is wired correctly with correct colors, controls work, etc. but there's the varying horizontal lines, usually rainbow colored as seen in attached video. 

Also worth noting is this model has TMSS, but it's jumpered at J1.

Edited by 7800