IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Games - Inserts, registration cards, papers

RetroMichel

Hey Atari Jaguar fans,

I started collecting Jaguar games like a week ago and before I start buying more titles, I was wondering if there was a list of what constitutes a fully complete game (100% CIB) ? Is there a way to know which papers came with each game, pictures available ?

Are the registration cards exclusive to each title or is it a generic one ?

Thank you very much.

Michel

• Like 1

First off, welcome to the very exclusive world of the Atari Jaguar. You're talking about a console from a major manufacturer with far less than 250,000 total units in existence today.

The registration cards were universal. Below is your basic "CIB." You've got the cart, manual, insert tray, and box.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.856fe824568cf7e4cb77199254cad9ce.jpg

It's preferred, but not required to have the registration cards that came in the box. Two index-card-sized pieces usually came inside the box. One was for the Jaguar Official Cheat Guide, and the other a registration card. I've posted two examples below that combine the typical "CIB" (shown above) with the two thick paper cards you'd find packed inside.

s-l300s.jpg.e574a351bc12e4b0a2b1f1f5ef051f52.jpg s-l300.jpg.152725872430ecaa7796df5b1a78c125.jpg

Hope that helps, and again, welcome to (or maybe back to) the world of the Atari Jaguar.

Edited by Jag64
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 12:19 PM, RetroMichel said:

Hey Atari Jaguar fans,

I started collecting Jaguar games like a week ago and before I start buying more titles, I was wondering if there was a list of what constitutes a fully complete game (100% CIB) ? Is there a way to know which papers came with each game, pictures available ?

Are the registration cards exclusive to each title or is it a generic one ?

Thank you very much.

Michel

My opinion:

Cart

Cart plastic bag

White box insert

User Manual

Box

Not all of my games had or came with a registration / warranty card. Maybe only the legitimate Atari ones did.

But if you / whomever is being totally honest, CIB should really be everything it came with when you first opened it... which, for like Songbird games, should include even the stickers and advertisement sheets Carl includes.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jag64 said:

First off, welcome to the very exclusive world of the Atari Jaguar. You're talking about a console from a major manufacturer with far less than 250,000 total units in existence today.

The registration cards were universal. Below is your basic "CIB." You've got the cart, manual, insert tray, and box.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.856fe824568cf7e4cb77199254cad9ce.jpg

It's preferred, but not required to have the registration cards that came in the box. Two index-card-sized pieces usually came inside the box. One was for the Jaguar Official Cheat Guide, and the other a registration card. I've posted two examples below that combine the typical "CIB" (shown above) with the two thick paper cards you'd find packed inside.

s-l300s.jpg.e574a351bc12e4b0a2b1f1f5ef051f52.jpg s-l300.jpg.152725872430ecaa7796df5b1a78c125.jpg

Hope that helps, and again, welcome to (or maybe back to) the world of the Atari Jaguar.

Hello Jag64,

Thank you very much for your answer. If I understand well, every Atari Jaguar game came with the same registration card and the same little "Official Gamer's Guide" ad, with no exception.

For example, there are absolutely no differences between a registration card for Alien vs Predator and Defender 2000, even if those games did not come out the same year ? (This means that the registration cards have the same codes ?)

My bad if I am being picky, I just want to have the games fully complete and with the correct papers. I just bought Atari Karts in mint condition, with the manual, however, it is missing the extra papers. Can I take papers from another less expensive CIB game ?

Thanks again.

Michel

The cards, just like the white trays, are basically interchangeable. The registration card is "universal." You can see a good example below. You had to write in the product number and name manually. 888609064_Screenshot2022-07-13at15-42-45ValdIsreSkiingandSnowboarding-RegCardBackjpg(JPEGImage32872384pixels)....thumb.png.a3a3d12533f24225aa60e85d23198284.png

Another example of the Official Gamer's Guide:

605257962_Screenshot2022-07-13at15-39-07s-l300jpg(JPEGImage199300pixels).thumb.png.c38cbea67c3ac5dadfb23c31675d322b.png

On 7/13/2022 at 12:26 PM, 82-T/A said:

CIB should really be everything it came with when you first opened it... which, for like Songbird games, should include even the stickers and advertisement sheets Carl includes.

Sometimes the adverts don't fit into the Jaguar game boxes, sometimes if you order multiple titles from a store, you won't get an exact copy of stickers, adverts, etc. for each game to pack with it.  So I'd disagree that AA, Songbird, etc. stickers and adverts should be considered for CIB, it's just neat to stick with some of the games you get.

6 hours ago, Stage_1_Boss said:

Sometimes the adverts don't fit into the Jaguar game boxes, sometimes if you order multiple titles from a store, you won't get an exact copy of stickers, adverts, etc. for each game to pack with it.  So I'd disagree that AA, Songbird, etc. stickers and adverts should be considered for CIB, it's just neat to stick with some of the games you get.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. When I sold off like 70% of my game collection, they were almost all opened of course (because I played every game). But I always tried to include whatever was sent to me when I bought the games originally.

For me, if it was in the box (the game box), that's CIB. Stuff that's just loose in the shipping box, I include if I can, but wouldn't really consider that CIB either. Maybe a new category called ExtraCIB, or ECIB... haha...