IGNORED

Snes finally compatible with nes games!

Back in 1989 Nintendo originally planned to use the 68000 cpu BUT redecided to use a 65c816 cpu instead because of being compatible with the 6502 code,they could,ve opted for a 10mhz version of it but they decided to go for a 3,5mhz version instead because of being cheaper and because of most japanese gamers loving RPG games (wich required less processing power as opposed to platform games)

they decided to make the cpu upgradible by let it take over by a future external cpu (SA1 chip comes to mind)

BUT halfway it’s development,nintendo scrapped nes compatibility all the way,so despite the controller layouts are compatible with the nes controller,despite both the cpu’s from the nes & snes are compatible,nes games just aren’t straight compatible,not only that but it turned off many parents to buy a snes for their child all because of being incompatible with nes games,

BUT nested comes to the rescue because after 30 years it finally justifies nintendo’s decission from the past and even turns it around(as if we go trough a time machine)

it makes nes games become now bridge compatible with the snes trough hardware tricks & emulation,by 1,lining up all adress registers with each other,

2,it uses background mode 1 for nes games,

3,B & A buttons are emulated trough B & Y for a more confortible play experience,

4,PSG audio is emulated trough digitized audio samples,

5,nes enhancement chips are emulated trough the cpu as well(who had ever tout that the slow snes cpu could emulate both the nes cpu and enhancements chips???)

6,in order to make games run at 60fps,nested has a learning feature to learn all possible rotine calls and stores it into it’s generated ram for later use for reconverting nes games with it to improve it’s speed performances,

7,nested will add stereo sound and RGB colors to all your nes games to re’experience nes games like never before,

many nes games are already compatible and more nes games will become compatible in the near future once the emulator get’s future improved.

in theory pshysical games could be possible (prototype aka superdeck from 1993!!??) but for now we have to take enough with nes rom files,BUT it proves the huge potential of the numer one 16bit powerstation the snes,now am really realize how much more powerful the snes is then the nes,heck it could even emulate some C64 games as proven with 1 homebrew games from 1995,now just imagine if all 8bit atari consoles could be emulated on it as well,that with be mind boggling,

here are some great examples of nes games running on snes???

9BE2262D-213E-40B2-977A-7F1F63B387E1.jpeg

7F5053AC-06A7-4FD9-9555-78BC4193C657.jpeg

80FF74C4-8F16-4DC7-B127-7D822AC056F0.jpeg

4573E1A4-ABA1-4B1E-98EE-F03416D50A5A.jpeg

106494FA-94B2-49BE-B553-AC3D8FC0307F.jpeg

0090E9E8-1E6C-4A1D-9B78-4B10C1CA6C11.jpeg

Edited by johannesmutlu

9 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

Back in 1989 Nintendo originally planned to use the 68000 cpu BUT redecided to use a 65c816 cpu instead because of being compatible with the 6502 code,they could,ve opted for a 10mhz version of it but they decided to go for a 3,5mhz version instead because of being cheaper and because of most japanese gamers loving RPG games (wich required less processing power as opposed to platform games)

they decided to make the cpu upgradible by let it take over by a future external cpu (SA1 chip comes to mind)

BUT halfway it’s development,nintendo scrapped nes compatibility all the way,so despite the controller layouts are compatible with the nes controller,despite both the cpu’s from the nes & snes are compatible,nes games just aren’t straight compatible,not only that but it turned off many parents to buy a snes for their child all because of being incompatible with nes games,

BUT nested comes to the rescue because after 30 years it finally justifies nintendo’s decission from the past and even turns it around(as if we go trough a time machine)

it makes nes games become now bridge compatible with the snes trough hardware tricks & emulation,by 1,lining up all adress registers with each other,

2,it uses background mode 1 for nes games,

3,B & A buttons are emulated trough B & Y for a more confortible play experience,

4,PSG audio is emulated trough digitized audio samples,

5,nes enhancement chips are emulated trough the cpu as well(who had ever tout that the slow snes cpu could emulate both the nes cpu and enhancements chips???)

6,in order to make games run at 60fps,nested has a learning feature to learn all possible rotine calls and stores it into it’s generated ram for later use for reconverting nes games with it to improve it’s speed performances,

7,nested will add stereo sound and RGB colors to all your nes games to re’experience nes games like never before,

many nes games are already compatible and more nes games will become compatible in the near future once the emulator get’s future improved.

in theory pshysical games could be possible (prototype aka superdeck from 1993!!??) but for now we have to take enough with nes rom files,BUT it proves the huge potential of the numer one 16bit powerstation the snes,now am really realize how much more powerful the snes is then the nes,heck it could even emulate some C64 games as proven with 1 homebrew games from 1995,now just imagine if all 8bit atari consoles could be emulated on it as well,that with be mind boggling,

here are some great examples of nes games running on snes???

9BE2262D-213E-40B2-977A-7F1F63B387E1.jpeg

7F5053AC-06A7-4FD9-9555-78BC4193C657.jpeg

80FF74C4-8F16-4DC7-B127-7D822AC056F0.jpeg

4573E1A4-ABA1-4B1E-98EE-F03416D50A5A.jpeg

106494FA-94B2-49BE-B553-AC3D8FC0307F.jpeg

0090E9E8-1E6C-4A1D-9B78-4B10C1CA6C11.jpeg

449B0B97-C5C5-4811-93BE-B7D2CF9EA2E9.jpeg

It’s just incredible what the creator of nested have accomplished,also considering the snes does not accept bankswitching sections lower then 32KB,so to get around that ,nested copy’s every section of 4KB,8KB or 16KB multiple times to round it up to 32KB and then uses 1 section of it,

another interesting thing is that the snes does not support 16x8 sprites so in order to get around that it stacks 16 by 16 and 8 by 8 sprites on top of each other to emulate 16x8 sprites,the results are just absolutely incredible,

becides it makes me wonder how nintendo among thirt party developers did ported some of their nes games such as the ninja gaiden series & supermariobros games,wrecking crew among others to the snes,did they use some form of emulation? Was it partially emulated or were they beforehand converted into snes format with toolchain kits along?

by ghe way i wouldn’t be surprised if the prototype snes superdeck nes adaptor worked similarly to nested with the exception that those mappers are probably still used by those nes games itself,but sadly the info about the superdeck is sparce.

Ugh... careful your head my explode from all that wondering because you're over thinking it.  Mario Allstars (SMB1-3+2 FDS"Lost Levels"), Ninja Gaiden, Wrecking Crew(98). Hudson Caravan Collection (Hector, Starforce, Star Soldier) and others are not emulated.  Each one is made from the ground up, coded/recoded whatever you want to call it, so it's native to the system.  They're recreations...even the basically nearly pixel perfect caravan collection are not NES ROMs nor are they emulated.  The SNES isn't powerful enough for that.  Why this even works with nested is that the 6502 and the 65C816 are compatible, just a more advanced version of one (snes) over the other (nes), that's it.  Due to that, you can work around things to cut some serious corners to pull that off, and that's it.  I don't get all the technical stuff, the basics yes, so I really can't dumb it down more simpler than that.  Before nested was around, a few years back, someone rigged it up to play Super Mario World through an NES, backwards of what nested did, and it worked...glitchy, but because the cores are compatible enough, it worked.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ugh... careful your head my explode from all that wondering because you're over thinking it.  Mario Allstars (SMB1-3+2 FDS"Lost Levels"), Ninja Gaiden, Wrecking Crew(98). Hudson Caravan Collection (Hector, Starforce, Star Soldier) and others are not emulated.  Each one is made from the ground up, coded/recoded whatever you want to call it, so it's native to the system.  They're recreations...even the basically nearly pixel perfect caravan collection are not NES ROMs nor are they emulated.  The SNES isn't powerful enough for that.

It's interesting because a common complaint abou NES games ported to SNES is that the physics are not always recreated accurately. This really makes Ninja Gaiden Trilogy and SMB + The Lost Levels less playable than the NES versions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M-S said:

It's interesting because a common complaint abou NES games ported to SNES is that the physics are not always recreated accurately. This really makes Ninja Gaiden Trilogy and SMB + The Lost Levels less playable than the NES versions.

I always felt like the physics were a little more forgiving in All-Stars versus the NES versions, but figured it was my imagination. It always seemed like it was harder to get Mario to slow down in SMB1 and once youre in the air, you cant really change course at all.

• Like 1

That's news to me, I don't remember people moaning all that much about the physics in Allstars, it works just fine, maybe even what dudeguy said.  But NGT plays great, but they're based on the Famicom releases not the tweaked for the worse US versions to punish renters.  The reason NGT gets dumped on because they did a minimalist upgrade to the visuals and audio compared to what SNES is capable of which SMAS showed people too.  I own it, hell I prefer it because it's easier for me to finish them (time issue) with a password so I can pick it up later, but they play all the same at a base game play level as I still have the NES cart of NG1 at least and have the Marios since they came out as I never sold them.

On 7/14/2022 at 6:01 AM, Tanooki said:

Ugh... careful your head my explode from all that wondering because you're over thinking it.  Mario Allstars (SMB1-3+2 FDS"Lost Levels"), Ninja Gaiden, Wrecking Crew(98). Hudson Caravan Collection (Hector, Starforce, Star Soldier) and others are not emulated.  Each one is made from the ground up, coded/recoded whatever you want to call it, so it's native to the system.  They're recreations...even the basically nearly pixel perfect caravan collection are not NES ROMs nor are they emulated.  The SNES isn't powerful enough for that.  Why this even works with nested is that the 6502 and the 65C816 are compatible, just a more advanced version of one (snes) over the other (nes), that's it.  Due to that, you can work around things to cut some serious corners to pull that off, and that's it.  I don't get all the technical stuff, the basics yes, so I really can't dumb it down more simpler than that.  Before nested was around, a few years back, someone rigged it up to play Super Mario World through an NES, backwards of what nested did, and it worked...glitchy, but because the cores are compatible enough, it worked.

Well for what i can tell is that both supermario allstars and ninja gaiden games are not recreated(that would,ve be very time consuming and costly with risks off oversights),the source code of both games are still the same with some adjustments/tweaks here and there,(for what i do know the sprite and audio priority system in supermario allstars are still the same)

So for what i do believe is that they have done in supermario allstars is adding extra colors to those sprites and backgrounds as well as adding new extra backgrounds to it while only replacing most BG & sprite tile sets in DMB1 & SMB1 the lost levels,while replacing all instruments and sound effects with those sounds & instruments from the snes sample pack kit trough midi !!,?and i also believe that all they have done in ninja gaiden triloggy is enhancing the colors to be RGB and replaced all sound effects & instruments with sounds & instruments from the snes sample pack to again semi automatic with some manual adjustments to make those ports shine,in short i do believe that they did had some toolchain kits to speed things up,and if that was not the case,if they really had to do things litterally from the ground up by hand then i feel bad for those devs,then i also will never understand how there could be sooo many games being so quick on the market,(no matter how much you will pay those devs to redo all the shit all over again)

it’s true that we do have now more luxury dev tools then back then,but still,compilors such as Z80 to 6502 (nes to gameboy/color) or vice versa did & do exist wich only require some manual debugging & adjustments but it should save a developer to having to manually recode everything?

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well I'm sorry you believe that, as it's not true.  They are quite recreated, they're not emulated games.  Go check any nes and snes dev forum or development website that goes into these depths, they're not what you're saying they are.

Well if that’s true then am astonished about that since both the snes & snes are similar in hardware at many points,

and you know what,back then i always believed that games were always litterally made from the ground up,but these days i take take with a grain of salt considering the amount of convertor tools what does exist,especially now and the time constrainments developers have to deal with,

am mean why would you think that especially these days multi cross platform games cannot fully benefit the full capabilities of the most powerful system Or vice versa? Because then they have to recreate them from the ground up,so what they do is design that multi cross platform game with the minimalistic powerful hardware in mind to make sure that it can be portable to other more powerful systems within a time constrain,

Back in the 80s and some of the 90s, I guess depending on your idea of ground up, that is how they were made.  I'm talking like pencil, paper, pens, graph paper for sprites and backgrounds, story boards like TV shows, the works.

These days with CGI and betterment of computer aided work stations and apps a good 20-25 years now a lot has just been making 3D models, 3D worlds, 3D etc and then just manipulating it in software interacting with the coders work and musicians work to make one of those huge experiences.

Cross platform games can't typically benefit from the full capabilities because bean counting jerk off cheapskate accountants at these game makers.  They have budgets, they usually have trouble enough keeping within them, so they're not going to assign twice the works, and twice the people to make 2 copies of a game from the ground up.  You get one made for a system, then the others get ported to it, converted, using as much of the same assets as possible.  You'll get some redone audio, maybe a little work on the sprites or colors, but it's not common for someone to go the added work to really craft each version for each system, so someone ultimately gets screwed.  During the 16bit era since Genesis was out earlier, there's a fair few ports to SNES that run like shit, look poorly, have whole stages or enemies/bosses removed because they didn't want to re-code it for the other hardware.  Mickey Mania is a chop shop travesty and Boogerman looks god awful and runs as bad too.  EA and their sports titles often since they were the Sega golden child would do halfass ports of their games to SNES just so they could make a few bucks, but they were obviously rushed downgrades too.  But those times, where a studio showed some care, and each got their own release, say like Mortal Kombat II on SNES vs Genesis, the SNES one looked/sounded/felt like the arcade and the Genesis one just stunk.  It went both ways, but usually not in Nintendo's favor.  I'm just using this as an easy example to look up, but if you jump into the CD/DVD era Sony got the key release then it was ported down to Nintendo and MS, usually wasn't as tragic, but some mistakes were made, yet again other times some games got a better run on those, not PS2.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

1 thing i wanna mention is that MYSELF086 has decided to move on from the nested project to other projects,meaning he will stop futher developing on project nested nes emulator for the snes UNLESS he will get $40 paid per hour in other words he want to revieve -$750.000 in a year to futher work on it,and while i told him that i don’t own a fortune to pay him $40 per hour i cannot pay him,i wish he accepted $40 per month because that’s what i can pay but he doesn’t accept that,but i really really want to see this project getting continued on because i really want to see it happen that the snes nested emulator could also support the dpcm channel whether with or without bankswitching,i really want to see that as much possible mappers getting supported sothat demanding games such as battle toads,pirate supermarioworld,iligal donkeykong country 4,castlevania 3,but also famicom disksystem games getting fully supported,i also want to see it happen that all official opcodes and iligal opcodes from the 6502 cpu getting supported sothat also games wich only works halfly,will eventually fully work,because i really don’t like it that games such as ninja gaiden 3 and battle toads etc,,, only works partially yet,

sure i can beg on the community to hack those demanding games including donkeykong country 4,supermarioworld,vastlevania 3 among others to be compatible with the mmc3 chip and replace all iligal opcodes with official codes in order to make them compatible with nested 1.7,BUT will it be not better to let this nested project to be continued instead?

that’s why i would like to ask you guy’s to donate some money to myself086 to reach the goal of $750.000 sothat he will continue on this project,

with 7,500 members we need to donate each of us $40 to reach that goal,with 15.000 members we only need to pay $20 each,

with 30.000 we only need to donate him $10 each and with 60.000 member we only need to donate him $5 each,

now as a big snes fan and curiosity i am willing to pay him a maximum of $40 once if others want to follow,we only need to go to petreon and donate him that money,together we can donate him $750.000 to keep him continue on the nested project,and if no one of us including those giant snes fans wants to pay him at all, then it is up to the community to grab the nested source code and expands it’s capabilities to see wich nes games are eventually possible on snes or hack each game with unsupported mapper to make it compatible with the mmc3 chip ,so in such case it’s up to us as communty to make it happen or let it happen🤣

15 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

1 thing i wanna mention is that MYSELF086 has decided to move on from the nested project to other projects,meaning he will stop futher developing on project nested nes emulator for the snes UNLESS he will get $40 paid per hour in other words he want to revieve -$750.000 in a year to futher work on it,and while i told him that i don’t own a fortune to pay him $40 per hour i cannot pay him,i wish he accepted $40 per month because that’s what i can pay but he doesn’t accept that,but i really really want to see this project getting continued on because i really want to see it happen that the snes nested emulator could also support the dpcm channel whether with or without bankswitching,i really want to see that as much possible mappers getting supported sothat demanding games such as battle toads,pirate supermarioworld,iligal donkeykong country 4,castlevania 3,but also famicom disksystem games getting fully supported,i also want to see it happen that all official opcodes and iligal opcodes from the 6502 cpu getting supported sothat also games wich only works halfly,will eventually fully work,because i really don’t like it that games such as ninja gaiden 3 and battle toads etc,,, only works partially yet,

sure i can beg on the community to hack those demanding games including donkeykong country 4,supermarioworld,vastlevania 3 among others to be compatible with the mmc3 chip and replace all iligal opcodes with official codes in order to make them compatible with nested 1.7,BUT will it be not better to let this nested project to be continued instead?

that’s why i would like to ask you guy’s to donate some money to myself086 to reach the goal of $750.000 sothat he will continue on this project,

with 7,500 members we need to donate each of us $40 to reach that goal,with 15.000 members we only need to pay $20 each,

with 30.000 we only need to donate him $10 each and with 60.000 member we only need to donate him $5 each,

now as a big snes fan and curiosity i am willing to pay him a maximum of $40 once if others want to follow,we only need to go to petreon and donate him that money,together we can donate him $750.000 to keep him continue on the nested project,and if no one of us including those giant snes fans wants to pay him at all, then it is up to the community to grab the nested source code and expands it’s capabilities to see wich nes games are eventually possible on snes or hack each game with unsupported mapper to make it compatible with the mmc3 chip ,so in such case it’s up to us as communty to make it happen or let it happen🤣

I'm confused about what you're writing here: Are you trying to write $750 or $750,000 (seven hundred and fifty thousand)?

If it's $750, it should be written as $750.00 if you wanted to included the decimals.

Same goes for the member numbers: Are you saying we need sixty thousand members donating $5 a month just to get him to continue working on Project Nested, or are you just trying to say sixty?

If it's just sixty, you don't have to put the decimal point and any numbers after it.

Note: Now, just to be clear, if I was going support someone developing something for SNES, it would probably be something more directly about SNES game creation, like say a proper SNES development tool along the lines of SNESMaker, which I would just buy outright once ready anyway, but I do hope the community picks up Project Nested and finishes it.

PS. If he's actually asking for $750,000 per year to finish this, I don't think anyone is going to pay him that. Christ, actual developers don't even get paid anywhere near that per year, be they artists, level designers, programmers, most designers and directors, whatever. I was on £18,000 a year as a Level Designer at Rockstar North around 15 years ago (it's probably about £25,000 on average for that role now). It's just a random side project that honestly doesn't add much to the SNES other than a little bit of niche novelty imo. I mean, seriously, how many people genuinely care about playing NES ROMs on their SNES consoles anyway? It's very cool as something someone is doing in their spare time, and I'd probably have a look at it once it's working fully, but that's about as far as my interest in it goes. I think I'd far rather see people concentrate on making a bunch of brand new SNES titles to be honest, and definitely that SNESmaker type of tool I mentioned, and certainly if this kind of money is involved.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Note: Now, just to be clear, if I was going support someone developing something for SNES, it would probably be something more directly about SNES game creation, like say a proper SNES development tool along the lines of SNESMaker, which I would just buy outright once ready anyway, but I do hope the community picks up Project Nested and finishes it.

PVSnesLib accepts donations 😉

14 minutes ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

Well, when I say I'm happy to support a SNES development tool, I mean something I could actually use personally, as in something as end-user refined as I imagine a "SNESmaker" would have to be in order for someone like me to be able to create a SNES game with it. PVSnesLib seems to be far too low level and beyond my understanding, to the point I actually don't really know specifically what it is and/or how any of it works to be honest, other than the fact some people can use it to somehow make SNES titles. So, I can't financially support it if I'm not getting anything out of it and don't really even understand it. Although, I'm more than happy to see this getting made for whomever is able to use it. And I really hope for those people it's a tool that genuinely allows them to make a whole bunch of awesome new SNES games without too much trouble, which I look forward to seeing in the near future.

Note: If there's ever a proper program/tool build of PVSnesLib that I can boot up and use just like say GameMaker 8.1, and it's actually around that intuitive and that fully developed and polished on the user end, I'll almost certainly buy a copy of it.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

45 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

I'm confused about what you're writing here: Are you trying to write $750 or $750,000 (seven hundred and fifty thousand)?

If it's $750, it should be written as $750.00 if you wanted to included the decimals.

Same goes for the member numbers: Are you saying we need sixty thousand members donating $5 a month just to get him to continue working on Project Nested, or are you just trying to say sixty?

If it's just sixty, you don't have to put the decimal point and any numbers after it.

PS. If he's actually asking for $750,000 per year to finish this, I don't think anyone is going to pay him that. Christ, actual developers don't even get paid anywhere near that per year, be they artists, level designers, programmers, most designers and directors, whatever. I was on £18,000 a year as a Level Designer at Rockstar North around 15 years ago (it's probably about £25,000 on average for that role now). It's just a random side project that honestly doesn't add much to the SNES other than a little bit of niche novelty imo. I mean, seriously, how many people genuinely care about playing NES ROMs on their SNES consoles anyway? It's cool as something something is doing in their spare time, and I'd probably have a look at it once it's working fully, but that's about as far as my interest in it goes. I think I'd far rather see people concentrate on making a few brand new SNES titles to be honest, and that SNESmaker type of tool I mentioned, and certainly if this kind of money is involved.

Well i litterly mean $750.000, that’s right and yes he want’s to have $40 per hour,yeah i couldn’t believe it either too but he wants that kind of money,probably because he’s tired for developing for it for 4,5 years but i found that kind of money absurd too, i rather wish he only charged $40 per month’s

note i first tout that i had the freedom to determine what i want to pay him per month so i decided to wanna pay him $4 per month but once i tout him about it,he said that he would reject and refund that money,i asked him if he couldn’t accept $40 per month instead but he didn’t accept that,so that’s why i hope that if we all donate some money to him with thousands of member with whether kind of money to reach the goal of $750.000, then he will continue on this project,that’s why i desperately come with such proposal,but yeah i personally found it unrealistic either,if he was developing a psysical product of nested, then i would consider that more feasible,but for now i can only hope that we will donate together that kind of money ,maybe a righ politicial with billions of dollars and being a huge huge snes fan to wanna give everything about could give him that kind of money,

But whatever the case and whatever it takes,nested must be finished but since the source code is open source, i can only hope that in such case the community will take it over and finish it,because i really want to see it happen,imagine the possibilities of it,imagine a psysical product one day wich could rip off nes roms from the cartride aka retron 5,then patch them on the fly with the right data and recorded srm file to make them run smmoth on the snes,i want to see it getting finished no matter if only a few percebtage of people ever wanna play nes games on snes,i don’t care ,it has to be finished.

33 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

Well i litterly mean $750.000, that’s right and yes he want’s to have $40 per hour,yeah i couldn’t believe it either too but he wants that kind of money,probably because he’s tired for developing for it for 4,5 years but i found that kind of money absurd too, i rather wish he only charged $40 per month’s

note i first tout that i had the freedom to determine what i want to pay him per month so i decided to wanna pay him $4 per month but once i tout him about it,he said that he would reject and refund that money,i asked him if he couldn’t accept $40 per month instead but he didn’t accept that,so that’s why i hope that if we all donate some money to him with thousands of member with whether kind of money to reach the goal of $750.000, then he will continue on this project,that’s why i desperately come with such proposal,but yeah i personally found it unrealistic either,if he was developing a psysical product of nested, then i would consider that more feasible,but for now i can only hope that we will donate together that kind of money ,maybe a righ politicial with billions of dollars and being a huge huge snes fan to wanna give everything about could give him that kind of money,

But whatever the case and whatever it takes,nested must be finished but since the source code is open source, i can only hope that in such case the community will take it over and finish it,because i really want to see it happen,imagine the possibilities of it,imagine a psysical product one day wich could rip off nes roms from the cartride aka retron 5,then patch them on the fly with the right data and recorded srm file to make them run smmoth on the snes,i want to see it getting finished no matter if only a few percebtage of people ever wanna play nes games on snes,i don’t care ,it has to be finished.

$750.000 is not how you write either $750 or $750,000, so I still don't know which one you mean.

I think you're trying to write seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($750,000) rather than seven hundred and fifty dollars [but with three decimal places for some reason], yes?

If I'm correct in which one you mean, yeah, I think asking for seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($750,000) is far too much. But I wish whoever decides to work on it the best.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

20 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:
33 minutes ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

Well, when I say I'm happy to support a SNES development tool, I mean something I could actually use personally, as in something as end-user refined as I imagine a "SNESmaker" would have to be in order for someone like me to be able to create a SNES game with it. PVSnesLib seems to be far too low level and beyond my understanding, to the point I actually don't really know specifically what it is and/or how any of it works to be honest, other than the fact some people can use it to somehow make SNES titles. So, I can't financially support it if I'm not getting anything out of it and don't really even understand it. Although, I'm more than happy to see this getting made for whomever is able to use it. And I really hope for those people it's a tool that genuinely allows them to make a whole bunch of awesome new SNES games without too much trouble, which I look forward to seeing in the near future.

Note: If there's ever a proper program/tool build of PVSnesLib that I can boot up and use just like say GameMaker 8.1, and it's actually around that intuitive and that fully developed and polished on the user end, I'll almost certainly buy a copy of it.

PVSnesLib is not going to be that kind of tool.  It's for C programmers, which there are a lot more of out there than assembly programmers.

Edited by jeffythedragonslayer

10 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

$750.000 is not how you write either $750 or $750,000, so I still don't know which one you mean.

I think you're trying to write seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($750,000) rather than seven hundred and fifty dollars [but with three decimal places for some reason], yes?

If I'm correct in which one you mean, yeah, I think asking for seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($750,000) is too much. But I wish whoever decides to work on it the best.

Well 750,000 is tooo much but if we fork over $40 each with 7500 members we can reach that goal of $750,000 with 60,000 members we only need to pay each $5,

i am willing to pay at maximum $40 once if the rest wants to follow,but maybe i only need to pay $20,$10 or $5 once depending on the amount of members who wants to pay him to reach that $750,000 to keep him working on it,am sure there’re enough snes fans who wants to fund this project including me🤣

6 minutes ago, newtmonkey said:

The Dutch (and many other people in Europe) use periods where people in US/UK would use commas, when writing numbers.  I believe his math is off, though, and he means 75,000, which is roughly a yearly salary at 40 per hour.  An annual salary of 750,000 would be roughly 375 per hour lol.

Ah, okay, that makes a bit more sense in terms of the ask.

Well, I guess we'll find out if there's enough people out there willing to support him to reach that amount in order to get it finished [by him at least]. . . .

2 minutes ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

There are a lot of possibilities for romhacking NES games and giving them new capabilities only the SNES can support.  That's one thing I'd be curious to see.

But i want to see nested getting finished,while nested 1.7 is already a huge leap compared to nested 1.1 BUT sadly many games only do work partially on it,not many mappers are yet supported and it still doesn’t support dpcm playback,but since it does support the mmc3 chip,it might be possible to hack those demanding games like donkeykong country 4,supermarioworld and castlevania 3 etc,,, to make it run trough the mmc3 chip sothat they can run on nested 1.7 if that is possible off course.