IGNORED

Snes finally compatible with nes games!

15 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

So i will demand Him to continue on the nested project whether the time & money it will take to finish it or let the community finish it,so it’s up to the cumminty make it happen or let it happen🤣

May your prayers to the emulation god be answered greatly, Amen.

Joking aside, I think the SNES controller is more comfortable than the NES one so I'm pleased these games 

Edited by jeffythedragonslayer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

May your prayers to the emulation god be answered greatly, Amen.

Joking aside, I think the SNES controller is more comfortable than the NES one so I'm pleased these games 

Yep me too, the snes controller feels indeed more confortible to play nes games with it,but what i also really do like is how nested adds support for stereo sound and rgb colors to nes games and it also allows unlimited sprite support,thus adding a slight new extra demension to nes games😁

• Like 1

Well if he wants $75K or $750K a year to work on making NES games work on SNES to continue, the project is dead, if it's not a cheap threat.  I'd consider it done and move along, because if no one feeds him attention to act like that then he will have to decide if he cares more about doing it because he enjoys the two console formats or if he's just in it for the cash.  If it's just for money, time to get a real job and trying to fleece game fans won't work.  It never worked.  I've been online since 1995 through the birth period of PC emulation and out from there, every single time someone has tried to say PAY ME or I QUIT... they got either ignored or brutalized depending on their attitude, and they all quit.  A few who started out honestly asking money for their time and posted a reasonable fee, they got robbed by those who won't pay, but others did, and they continued.  I'm sure you all here have at one rate heard of Marat (or on android Garage Research Emulators) right?  He has been at it probably close to 30 years now and he always wanted around I think $25-30 for his Windows based emulator for NES, Gameboy, GBC, and so on...these days the fee is super cheap and mobile, the PC stuff went free last I looked.  It worked out for him, and a few select others like Magic Engine(PCE/TG/CD) emulator too.  But those who start free then change, or worse, get entitled and demanding get their asses handed to them without fail.

If he's making demands now, that project is done, move along.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 11:05 PM, Tanooki said:

Well if he wants $75K or $750K a year to work on making NES games work on SNES to continue, the project is dead, if it's not a cheap threat.  I'd consider it done and move along, because if no one feeds him attention to act like that then he will have to decide if he cares more about doing it because he enjoys the two console formats or if he's just in it for the cash.  If it's just for money, time to get a real job and trying to fleece game fans won't work.  It never worked.  I've been online since 1995 through the birth period of PC emulation and out from there, every single time someone has tried to say PAY ME or I QUIT... they got either ignored or brutalized depending on their attitude, and they all quit.  A few who started out honestly asking money for their time and posted a reasonable fee, they got robbed by those who won't pay, but others did, and they continued.  I'm sure you all here have at one rate heard of Marat (or on android Garage Research Emulators) right?  He has been at it probably close to 30 years now and he always wanted around I think $25-30 for his Windows based emulator for NES, Gameboy, GBC, and so on...these days the fee is super cheap and mobile, the PC stuff went free last I looked.  It worked out for him, and a few select others like Magic Engine(PCE/TG/CD) emulator too.  But those who start free then change, or worse, get entitled and demanding get their asses handed to them without fail.

If he's making demands now, that project is done, move along.

Definitely i good point from you,but guess what,eventrough i tried to persue him to accept my $4 per month ,but he refused and eejected my money,then i tried to persue him to accept $40 per month but he didn’t accept that eithe he really just wants to have per se $40 per hour,that equels approxmately a whopping $309.000 per year,ithat’s rediculous,not i he really wanted to make a physical emulator based nes adaptor for the snes,then i can understand that kind amount of money but for the software alone???

But heck that’s not all,that little smart even did got so far to block me from both his platforms and social media accounts,

Sure i can understand that if he is so buzzy everday to wtite thousands lines of code for other snes projects to be not wanna get bothered,then it’s understandible,but blocking me for thinking am framing somebody else or coming with to into his eyes nonsense statements,that’s rediculous😟

By the way only a few people do know about the unreleased superdeck BUT sadly the information about it is very sparse,
BUT i do believe it’s possible,such physical unit should rip the rom from the cartride,then figure out trough a database wich mapper it uses and look into another database with it’s specefic rotine calls and load that data along with that game into it’s ram and sram to enhance it’s aot feature to smooth up the performance of it,(those rotine calls from those games should be beforehand generated by game testers when playing each game and then implement those generated sram file into the data base of the unit)
The unit should also need update support trough sd card along with large amount of rom,ram and sram to account for every possible game along with it’s necesary rotine calls for it,
Unsupported games should tell the unit it’s self wich mapper it uses while rotine calls should be made by the player by playing the game while the unit should create and generate it’s sram with it’s rotine calls for that specefic game sothat once you play that game the next time you will play it,it then should run smoother,those generated sram files files should be stored on the sd card for later use that means that sram should be expandible to add more generated sram files with rotine calls for future nes games,
Now all the unit has to do is line up everything from games to behave like a snes,bugs & glitches fixes and incompatibility issues might improved and fixible with future updates,
So to wrap it all up,it should be theoritically possible,
Another thing that would be very cool is to have a cartride based famiclone based on snes hardware with the nested emulator builtin and to attract buyers you could say on the box “learns how you play to improve demanding ferformance” along with statements like “updatible to increase compatibility”
And i also would like to see a plug & play snes based famiclone with nested emulator along with builtin nes games along with a cool menu aka nes classic mini,and lastly it would be cool to have a physical snes cartride being compatible with every snes system and with many emulated nes games on it with beforehand generated sram files for each game as well to ansure smooth controls right out of the box,why i really want to see this all happen?
Well in order to justifie nintendo regrettible decision from the past to scrap nes compatibility on snes halfway trough development😁😁😁
so let this idea spark the community to do just that,i don’t care how small the market will be for that and don’t care about the high price,i wish to just let it happen because it must happen.

• Like 1

I educated myself and learned that rotine is a french word meaning rattan. Now, I didn't know what that is either, until now!

"the thin jointed stems of a palm, used to make furniture." 

So I learned two things! Thanks J-mu! 

The next time I hear something on the grapevine, I'll double check it with a rotine call. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You know what’s makes me realize what Nintendo could,ve done back in 1995???

they could,ve come up with nes clasdics 10 year anniversary edition game pack for the snes in wich they could,ve use an nes emulator for it (if they had the resources for that and the know how),now since they had already released supermario allstars back in 1993, there was no reason to put nes versions on it BUT they could,ve put other games on it like metroid,zelda 1 & 2, kid icarius,ice climber,wrecking crew and all the donkeykong games on it among others etc,,, all in original form,what a misoppertunity from nintendo to never develope their own nes emulator for the snes wich they could,ve done wich they also could,ve borrow it to other game developers to port their own nes games to the snes again in original form to snack in some extra cash,sure 1995 might,ve be just waaay too early to rerelease old nes games on different pkatforms when people were just looking forward to the 3th dimension,am mean that nintendo just decided to just rerelease many of their own and thirth party classic nes games for the gba  was actually good timed, as people at that point in time did wanted to go back to their early day’s of gaming,BUT still it would,ve be cool if nintendo did came up with a snes cartride with lots of their own and thirth party nes games on it as a 10 year anniversary edition wich would,ve been also great for people who had missed those early nes day’s🤣😁

2 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

You know what’s makes me realize what Nintendo could,ve done back in 1995???

they could,ve come up with nes clasdics 10 year anniversary edition game pack for the snes in wich they could,ve use an nes emulator for it (if they had the resources for that and the know how),now since they had already released supermario allstars back in 1993, there was no reason to put nes versions on it BUT they could,ve put other games on it like metroid,zelda 1 & 2, kid icarius,ice climber,wrecking crew and all the donkeykong games on it among others etc,,, 

The effort to develop an NES emulator is probably about the same of porting or remaking all of those games for the SNES, just look at how much time it has taken for NESted to be developed and it still is in the lower end of NES emulators. Besides, if you look at the few ports that were released, the results are still better, and most were released at a budget price, which confirms that they didn't take a lot of effort. If Nintendo or other companies didn't put more NES games on the SNES it's because they didn't want to.

Edited by M-S
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/5/2023 at 3:04 AM, jeffythedragonslayer said:

I studied a bit about the NMOS 6502 illegal opcodes and can assist with implementing them in Project Nested.  If you have any NES games that utilize the illegal opcodes and are willing to help with this effort, please let me know and I'll push to get them included.

Well i would definitely appreciate that,but you might ask the auther MYSELF086 as he developed the emulator,BUT he told me that the source code of nested has been dumped on github sothat everybody could take a look at it and/or improve things and add stuff to it,

well if you can add stuff to it like implementing all iligal opcodes as well as adding all official opcodes to it,that would be indeed great,

now i don’t know if you can add support for extra mappers such as the mmc5 chip,and unooficial mappers used by tengen and hummer team etc,,, but that would be great as well,

but what i really want to see happen is getting support for the dpcm channel,but the questen might be ,how will we get updated about a new version of it since MYSELF086 has decided to stop working on it.

THx alot.

3 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

Well i would definitely appreciate that,but you might ask the auther MYSELF086 as he developed the emulator,BUT he told me that the source code of nested has been dumped on github sothat everybody could take a look at it and/or improve things and add stuff to it,

well if you can add stuff to it like implementing all iligal opcodes as well as adding all official opcodes to it,that would be indeed great,

now i don’t know if you can add support for extra mappers such as the mmc5 chip,and unooficial mappers used by tengen and hummer team etc,,, but that would be great as well,

but what i really want to see happen is getting support for the dpcm channel,but the questen might be ,how will we get updated about a new version of it since MYSELF086 has decided to stop working on it.

THx alot.

I have let him know.  There are not a ton of games that use them, but it's something I have the ability to do.  If you want this I suggest thumbs upping the PR I opened about them on the github.

Edited by jeffythedragonslayer
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Can you give more info about this and links to this merger?

I'm mildly curious to see how this works because if this is something with a tool that'll create a SFC style rom the SNES can understand I can toss on a SD2SNES I'd like to try a game or two out just as a curiosity.

https://github.com/Myself086/Project-Nested/pull/70

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well i did mention a while back that the owner behind nested decided to stop with nested and move on other projects,may so maybe he already did and somebody else took it over, i don’t know,either way,to my big surprise, nested 1.8 has been released with the long awaited feature, it finally supports dmc playback in a limited way,so it’s not yet perfect,but still this is a huge blown up for me, i absolutely never tout that nested 1.8 would be ever released,let alone dmc playback support,just wow FINALLY after all those years of waiting🙏🙏🙏😁👍

• 5 months later...

An update as of september 9/11, i have asked the author behind nested 1.8 and how that came to fruition,well he told me that despite that he mentioned the previous year to stop with it and move over to other projects but then he decided to go back to it and now he hardly could stop working on it,in other words he seems to still find it funny and cool to work on it,probably also out of curiousity to find out what could be more done on the snes ,and why not,as he may considering to also support the lightgun (whether trough the justifier,the superscope or trough a nes to snes dongle with zapper or sms to snes with lightphaser as an alternative for the justifier to emulate the justifier),it would be really cool seeing such thing implemented ,so who ever knows,

but sadly he has yet no crt tv for doing and testing such thing for just a few nes games (also since “working” crt tv’s are getting more rare overtime and they are unreliable & expensive to ship to him but i hope he will get one along with a justifier and/or with superscope so he may could implant lightgun support in his futher update of nested,and who ever knows that two patches for supported nes lightgun games could be implemented as well let’s say patch 1 in case you use a justifier,a nes to snes dongle with zapper and patch 2 in case you wanna use a superscope or a sms to snes with lightphaser,

also interesting to note: is that while previous versions of nested generated stereo sound trough a bug in the triangle wave’s volume for panneling volume left and right!!?? BUT once he fixed that bug in nested 1.7,it no longer outputs stereo sound and while it is true that the nes was never designed with stereo sound in mind,but that stereo effect of nested 1.6 and beyond really really gives that cool widening effect in games such as supermario 3 with tunes such as the fortress and world map 8 tune wich really makes it sounding more intimidating and fully benefit to the snes stereo sound capabilities,

so i hope that nested 1.8.2 or nested 1.9 will not only support the lightgun but also gives us the option for mono or stereo (thus enabling or disabling that triangle wave’s volume bug wich probably unintentionally causes that cool stereo widening effect)so who ever knows😁

• Like 1