IGNORED

Yars Recharged - (in VCS Store)

ColecoGamer

They are definitely shifting the gameplay to more of a hybrid of traditional Yars combined with a bullet hell shooter. Plus, co-op. Remains to be seen how well it works, but I've been super-happy with the series so far, so I have quite a bit of trust in their ability to deliver something good, even if it doesn't feel like old school Yars.

• Like 2

I like how they avoided the apostrophe altogether!

Like the other games in the series, I'll play this on Nintendo Switch. The store page just says "2022" so I'll get it when I get it. 

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/yars-recharged-switch/

Hope it comes to VCS first, you guys have been so loyal and patient with that platform and deserve nice things. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I like how they avoided the apostrophe altogether!

Like the other games in the series, I'll play this on Nintendo Switch. The store page just says "2022" so I'll get it when I get it. 

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/yars-recharged-switch/

Hope it comes to VCS first, you guys have been so loyal and patient with that platform and deserve nice things. 

I believe on Switch it's August 23rd.

VCS first with some extra exclusive game content like the recharged games would be awesome! regardless if it comes out early on VCS I’ll be playing this primarily on the Atari VCS and also the Nintendo Switch for the portability factor. If it turns out to be really good I’ll buy it on everything else platform wise to support Atari. 

• Like 1

The odds of it hitting the VCS first are very high; both Breakout and Gravitar got early VCS releases, and they've stated their plans to keep doing that with the Recharged series. If nothing else I suspect it gives them a sanity check before it hits Steam, Switch, etc. that there isn't some big bug or purchase issue with it.

I’m starting to think this one isn’t coming early to the VCS unfortunately. I’ve been noticing Atari promoting on that the game is launching on Google Stadia on the 23rd of August, of all the platforms to be promoting the game though lol it’s baffling to me. I honestly wish they’d push it on there own system. 

• 3 weeks later...