IGNORED

ORBITAL WAR (2600)

HSW3ET

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!
I'm starting a ORBITAL WAR Competition!
Anyone interested in participating, here are the basic rules.
You can also follow the competition on the website (www.zarkstars.com/outros-jogos-other-games/orbital-war) or on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/zarkstars).
Have fun!

Leandro Camara

ORBITAL WAR COMPETITION!

Who knows how to play Orbital War better, if not Lieutenant Beta T.?
Now he will teach you how to win this competition and then you will need to defeat him!

CHALLENGE [1] - Recruitment of possible prize winners!
Lieutenant Beta T. is recruiting the best fighters to participate in this competition! Join him!
This challenge is the prerequisite for you to enter the competition!

Challenge Goal: Get to WAVE 3 of the game and submit one (1) screen shot showing the 3 military badges (bottom left corner of screen) and your score! Can you?
Send the photo to [ skyline2600games@gmail.com ], or by private message on Facebook, with your name and the date of the picture!

CHALLENGE [2] - Not yet revealed!

Prize:
1 Coupon for a 5% discount on the next game in the RAW WAR series, for all participants who manage to reach the Challenge goal [2].

CHALLENGE [3] - Not yet revealed!

Prize:
1st Place: 1 Complete RAW WAR series cartridge of your choice!
2nd Place: 1 Coupon for 50% off the next game in the RAW WAR series!
3rd Place: 1 Coupon for 25% off the next game in the RAW WAR series!

1st prize will be sent to the winner for free!
Stay tuned! Participants will receive tips from Lieutenant Beta T. to go further in the game during the competition!
Read the game manual before starting to play at: www.zarkstars.com/outros-jogos-other-games/orbital-war

Mapa V ORBITAL WAR.jpg

• Like 3

Competition Start!

This weekend, Sunday (25/09), collector Alexandre Bastos will start the competition of the game ORBITAL WAR, playing in real time, on Live promoted by the Mutação Gamer Channel.

The initial challenge is to send a photo of the game screen in the third wave and guarantee the name among the competitors, but Alexandre has already promised to make a high Score to register his participation in the Ranking of the best players!

Leandro Camara, developer of Orbital War, will be present in the Chat to give tips to the participants of the competition and talk about this original title made especially for the ATARI 2600.

Daniel Medina, Beta Tester of Leandro's recent games, such as the ZARKSTARS Saga and others still unpublished, will also be present. Daniel will talk about his experience playing Orbital War, during testing, in different and even unusual ways for ATARI.

Participate together with us!
Sunday now, at 18:00 (Brazil time), on the Mutação Gamer Channel with collector Alexandre Bastos!
You're all invited!

https://www.facebook.com/zarkstars/posts/pfbid031gZ1CvrTqTuYmey6YFEU43LwgW4beWQfDsQ4neVfu7DDTYw8FBydNTyUp111rdQAl

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tips for those who want to participate and win the ORBITAL WAR Competition!

Secret Spy Messages!

1) Start playing with Joystick 2 (controller on the right connector) to understand the exact moments of firing Ballistic Missiles on enemy Shuttles. Once you've mastered this simpler game mode and scored relatively high, take Joystick 1 (controller on the left connector) and start learning the combination of Heavy Artillery attack (Aim) with Ballistic Missiles (Missiles in the surface of the Earth).

2) Ballistic Missiles have a timer to place them on the Earth's surface. Keep Joystick 2 pressed in the direction you want to move the Missiles (left or right) and wait for them to move.

3) The rightmost digit of the Score marks the number of Shuttles shot. Every 10 Shuttles you pass a Wave and receive a military badge.

4) Every time you pass the Wave, five (5) charges are added to the Earth's Energy Bar.

5) Enemy Ships in the center of the radar are worth significant points in your Score. Depending on which weapon you hit them with, the score for each one is higher or lower on your scoreboard.

6) If you get a record that you consider high, take a screenshot and a 20 second video and save it for the final challenge!

Tips from Lieutenant Beta T.!

1) As difficult as it may seem initially, with Joystick 1 (controller on the left connector) you trigger the Heavy Artillery (Aim) to defend the Earth from the enemy attack and still fire the Ballistic Missiles against the Shuttle.

2) Heavy Artillery (Aim) when used on the radar line closer to Earth offers more defense to the planet and more control in the repositioning of Missiles to be used in the attack against the Shuttle.

3) Slow Missiles, starting from Europe (central position), require a lot of timing and precision, but are useful to break a possible Shuttle sync hiding behind enemy Defense Satellites.

4) Read the game manual carefully if you want to win this competition!

Mapa II ORBITAL WAR.jpg

• Like 1

Second Challenge revealed and more Tips!

ORBITAL WAR Competition!

CHALLENGE [2]: Now that you have been recruited to continue in combat, you will need to submit one (1) screen shot of the game showing:

(A) The Easter Egg with the spy infiltrated (programmer) initials on the enemy base and your score!

OR

(B) The enemy Spy Satellite scene (see picture) and and your score!

Either one of the two goals already serves as an accomplished mission!

This challenge is not a prerequisite to continue in the competition, however, it can guarantee you the following prize:

1 Coupon for a 5% discount on the next game in the RAW WAR series, for all participants who manage to reach either of the two Challenge goals [2].

Send the photo to [ skyline2600games@gmail.com ] with your name and the date of the picture. The photos sent will be published in the comments of this post.

Tips from Lieutenant Beta T.:
1) The enemy base is situated on the Moon.
2) The Spy Satellite can be seen after the Earth Blackout.
3) Use the TOP SECRET Envelope if you want to solve this mission quickly!

OW Satelite Wave.jpg

Edited by HSW3ET
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 5:44 AM, HSW3ET said:

5) Enemy Ships in the center of the radar are worth significant points in your Score. Depending on which weapon you hit them with, the score for each one is higher or lower on your scoreboard.

Correction:

5) Enemy Ships in the center of the radar are worth significant points in your Score.
6) Depending on which weaponry you use to hit enemy projectiles the score is higher or lower on your scoreboard.
7) If you get a record that you consider high, take a screenshot and a 20 second video and save it for the final challenge!

Follow the competition also on Facebook: facebook.com/zarkstars

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Orbital War on After Dark as part of the Orbital War Competition on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

After Dark:

• Orbital War (Retail | 2600) by Leandro Camara @HSW3ET (Programming, Design and Soundtrack) / Heitor Maciel (Programming Consulting) / Viviane Peçaibes (Design and Text Consulting)

1984551876_20221209-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.ee3a72bb7f21eee909697f0040d72a34.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

ORBITAL WAR Competition closed!

If you want to know the competitors and the winners visit:

Facebook: [ https://www.facebook.com/zarkstars/posts/pfbid02HQQr72htUsFt4X7JKVs7QUXLuGGqVcMQTgUdaAL7zhoq6bzSYuceudrzwg4izwN9l ]

Website: [ https://www.zarkstars.com/outros-jogos-other-games/orbital-war ]

Thank you all!
Cheers!
Leandro Camara

Tela - Orbital War (150dpi) - 04.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HSW3ET said:

ORBITAL WAR Competition closed!

If you want to know the competitors and the winners visit:

Facebook: [ https://www.facebook.com/zarkstars/posts/pfbid02HQQr72htUsFt4X7JKVs7QUXLuGGqVcMQTgUdaAL7zhoq6bzSYuceudrzwg4izwN9l ]

Website: [ https://www.zarkstars.com/outros-jogos-other-games/orbital-war ]

Thank you all!
Cheers!
Leandro Camara

Tela - Orbital War (150dpi) - 04.jpg

Like your game - do you consider a PAL release? Would be awesome 😎 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, Bomberman94 said:

Like your game - do you consider a PAL release? Would be awesome 😎 

Hi Bomberman94!

Yes... I'm starting to think about making some PAL versions in the future, but... I can't say at the moment how many people would be really interested. 🤔

Cheers!

Leandro Camara

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings guys!
The three games I made last year for ATARI were nominated for the 5th Annual ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS!
Together they received 5 nominations in the original game categories:

Orbital War (8K) - Atari 2600 Homebrew (Original).

ZeroPage Homebrew: The Game (4K) - Atari 2600 Homebrew ≤ 4K (Original).

ZARKSTARS II: Ground Force (16K) - Atari 2600 Graphics (Original).

Orbital War (8K) - Atari 2600 Music + Sound (Original).

Orbital War (8K) - Atari Packaging.

Many thanks to the awards committee and everyone who supports my projects. This is how we feel motivated to keep releasing new games for our favorite consoles.
Thanks also, once again, to the ZeroPage Homebrew channel for the opportunity to participate in such a special event. Obviously I feel honored to be able to be here together with all of you.

Take part in the poll and watch the awards ceremony on February 25th!
Find out how to vote correctly and enjoy the competing games for all platforms before leaving your opinions.
Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those involved!
Leandro Camara

Ground Force (Abertura).jpg

Orbital War (Joysticks).jpg

ZPH (The Game).jpg

Orbital War (Material).jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I thought I posted this here... 🙄

This is a short video of the winner of the competition, @Moisés Tuseto, turning over the ORBITAL WAR score (999,999), accessing the secret scene of the enemy Spy Satellite and finishing the game!

He won the new Raw War Series game: INTRUDERS!

Edited by HSW3ET
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi y'all

My 3rd and last review (because i need to buy more of these games... Of the programmer).

I was thinking, must i apply some more negativity to make it trustworthy i am a independ reviewer of these series? 

In that case, lets start with some negative input which concerns all games but for some reason is more a thing here than the other two games. It's not English!

I knew already this was the point but it would have make these games a 10 outta 10 for my opinion. 

I played Zarkstars IV, Intruders and today this Orbital one and still this one scores lowest of all 3 games. Is it a bad game? No!! Not by far, its just ...difficult. you have to attack and defend almost at the same time in a very wide play field. You can imagine i didn't come far 🙁😄.

It felt like i was getting better while playing but again... After a 2nd playthrough in the Retron77 it went downhill with my hi-score which wasnt high to begin with 

The retron77 have a quicker pace, well games on the Retron i mean. It meant where i hit more rockets from outta space on the Junior almost none hits on the R77. Nothing with the joysticks this time. On both joystick i have struggled the up and down movement. 

This time it's more important to have a NTSC environment with this game for the proper colors. Even more than Intruders. So there is a second nega... No third negative, also the joysticks i think. 

Overall, if i have to choose i will probably choose the two previous reviewed games in favor of this one BUT... 

For some reason i still like it. Maybe the 'worldmap'? The spaceships or the satellite? I dunno. When i popped it in the R77 i saw a potential great game sort of. And because i suck at playing games and rather just collect them it probably is my own fault i didn't come far. Thus i am no journalist or such so no skilled reviewer techniques there.

One winning point however .. the goody bag! This one is a winner... Take a look at the pics. Bye now!

A

IMG20230822181023.jpg

IMG20230822180617.jpg

IMG20230822180605.jpg

IMG_20230822_180550.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 5:31 PM, StormyWeathers said:

Hi y'all

My 3rd and last review (because i need to buy more of these games... Of the programmer).

I was thinking, must i apply some more negativity to make it trustworthy i am a independ reviewer of these series? 

In that case, lets start with some negative input which concerns all games but for some reason is more a thing here than the other two games. It's not English!

I knew already this was the point but it would have make these games a 10 outta 10 for my opinion. 

I played Zarkstars IV, Intruders and today this Orbital one and still this one scores lowest of all 3 games. Is it a bad game? No!! Not by far, its just ...difficult. you have to attack and defend almost at the same time in a very wide play field. You can imagine i didn't come far 🙁😄.

It felt like i was getting better while playing but again... After a 2nd playthrough in the Retron77 it went downhill with my hi-score which wasnt high to begin with 

The retron77 have a quicker pace, well games on the Retron i mean. It meant where i hit more rockets from outta space on the Junior almost none hits on the R77. Nothing with the joysticks this time. On both joystick i have struggled the up and down movement. 

This time it's more important to have a NTSC environment with this game for the proper colors. Even more than Intruders. So there is a second nega... No third negative, also the joysticks i think. 

Overall, if i have to choose i will probably choose the two previous reviewed games in favor of this one BUT... 

For some reason i still like it. Maybe the 'worldmap'? The spaceships or the satellite? I dunno. When i popped it in the R77 i saw a potential great game sort of. And because i suck at playing games and rather just collect them it probably is my own fault i didn't come far. Thus i am no journalist or such so no skilled reviewer techniques there.

One winning point however .. the goody bag! This one is a winner... Take a look at the pics. Bye now!

A

StormyWeathers!

I liked your review again!

I think Orbital War has this Missile Command kind of atmosphere, something apocalyptic from the early 80s, maybe that's why you liked it. 😊

A tip for you to play Orbital War and understand its mechanics... start playing only with Joystick 2, using only the missiles to hit the Shuttle that crosses the top of the screen (each Shuttle hit is marked in the rightmost digit of the Score - every 10 Shuttles you change Wave).
Keep Joystick 2 pressed left or right (without removing your hand until the missiles change position) to switch between missile launch positions from Earth.
Try this and then tell me which level you got to (there's a marker in the bottom left corner). 👍

You can also use the website ( www.zarkstars.com/orbital-war ) to access all the manuals in English (for all the games) and see how to play with the board that comes with the game, in this case. 😉

Send news!
Cheers!
Leandro.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 7:10 PM, discotronic said:

Any chance of another run for Orbital War? 

Hi discotronic! I might think about making a very few copies in December. 👍

Is there anyone else here on the forum interested in this game (or others) so I can make some to order?

Ground Force (II) is sold out too and Zarkstars (I) we only have 2 copies.

I await your return.
Thanks!
Leandro Camara

On 10/6/2023 at 10:35 PM, HSW3ET said:

Hi discotronic! I might think about making a very few copies in December. 👍

Is there anyone else here on the forum interested in this game (or others) so I can make some to order?

Ground Force (II) is sold out too and Zarkstars (I) we only have 2 copies.

I await your return.
Thanks!
Leandro Camara

That would be great! Put me down for a copy.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!
I'm in Brazil and I already have a few copies assembled, to order, of the following games:

Orbital War

Intruders

Zarkstars I: A Space Saga
Zarkstars II: Ground Force
Zarkstars IV: Nebula

Plus the new game Escape From Mars.

If anyone else is interested in any of these titles, please write to the email [ skyline2600games@gmail.com ]

Shipping can be combined for more than one game.

Thanks!
Leandro Camara

The link to each game's topic is here:

• Like 1