IGNORED

secret agent HD and mental problems

I was playing secret agent HD a remake of the old Apogee game Secret Agent.  I had to stop because I pounded the corner of my laptop due to losing health because of too many enemies in one area I couldn't dodge.       I am playing easy difficulty and all it does is give you more health ,more ammo ,and nerfs the score by 0.5.  The cheat codes from the original game don't work in this version.   I was ringing wet with sweet and my nerves were shaking worse then the San Andreas you love that in games don't you.  No amount of challenge is worth anyone's sanity or temper.

• Thanks 1

I love challenging games. I always set the difficulty to max as soon as I start any game. The harder the game, the more rewarding it is to make progress/set a new high score/finish it.

I actually get annoyed by games like Uncharted that make you finish the whole game on Hard difficulty before you're allowed to play on Crushing difficulty...

my previous two laptops died from head crashes likely caused by me pounding them due to frustration from stupid games.   Monster Bash HD easy mode is a joke as well.  Just more health and more ammo not easier.  I startle easy and lose it easy ,but no one cares.  I would make an easy game like rpg with no turn jumping monster,  platform game with no bottomless pits or timers, and 2600 adventure games without the bat acting like a homing missile like Epic Adventure ,Haunted Adventure Trilogy ,etc.   I would put in only easy or normal and see how other people feel about being forced to play at a difficulty level you don't want to play.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

Not familiar with this game.  The first three episodes are from the 1991, based on the same code, and the fourth episode is all new for 2021.  Is that correct.

yes and they removed the cheat codes from the new version that were in the original version

17 hours ago, newtmonkey said:

Secret Agent is ridiculously hard.  I much prefer Crystal Caves, which is very similar (same engine probably).  You might consider playing that one instead.

secret agent is bad when you are trying to complete most levels with prefect health.