IGNORED

What's everyone playing this weekend?

Jag64

I'm out of town, so not playing anything on the Jag, but the game that's in there is the same one that has been for the last month or so: Gravitic Mines. I also finally managed to get IrataJaguar installed correctly on my ShieldTV the other day, and played some flawless T2K on that with the separate GPU and DSP threads enabled. This is all academic as there's another Jaguar sitting right next to the Shield, but I thought it was cool nonetheless after messing with the unplayable RetroArch Android port of VirtualJaguar on and off again for the past few years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I'm out of town, so not playing anything on the Jag, but the game that's in there is the same one that has been for the last month or so: Gravitic Mines. I also finally managed to get IrataJaguar installed correctly on my ShieldTV the other day, and played some flawless T2K on that with the separate GPU and DSP threads enabled. This is all academic as there's another Jaguar sitting right next to the Shield, but I thought it was cool nonetheless after messing with the unplayable RetroArch Android port of VirtualJaguar on and off again for the past few years.

Hope the trip goes well, and that's great news about IJ on your ShieldTV. I haven't played with it yet, but I have that the 3DO emulator from the same dude/person. Nice to hear it's stable and bringing you some Jaguar fun.

13 hours ago, RollOut said:

Just beat it 2 weeks ago. San Diablo gets tough with huge waves of enemies, but Jericho is the glitchiest city in my opinion.

You beat the Jericho or the whole game? And is there a way to know how far you’ve progressed through the game - no idea how big it is?!

Edited by Mr.JT

9 hours ago, Mr.JT said:

You beat the Jericho or the whole game? And is there a way to know how far you’ve progressed through the game - no idea how big it is?!

I beat the whole game. There are 3 cities, Jericho, San Diablo, and Troy. You have to take over all of the zones in a city to progress to the next one. I found the second city to be the hardest.

11 hours ago, agradeneu said:

He hated programming it. At least that is what he wrote on twitter. Sounds bitter.

Yes, of course if you want to program in something like C#, or Java, neither are there any "Click n' Play" tools like Unity, and Game Maker Studio. The Jaguar should be possible to program using C++ though (if you fancy some parametric object oriented programming, which in my opinion is more powerful than for example Java?)

• Like 1

Although I have one of my Jags on the coffee table, right now I'm spending all my gaming time on the Evercade VS I bought about a month ago.

I'm mostly playing pre-NES game: Intellivision, 2600, older arcade releases.

Great system.

• Like 1