IGNORED

The upcoming 7800 releases

Cousin Vinnie

Okay, fellas... who wants to knock over a Brinks truck with me to help fund this Portland Expo run?

Has there ever been a simultaneous release of this many 7800 games at once? It's crazy! And awesome! Can't wait! I just recently bought another bookshelf to display more 7800 games. It's a good thing I did!

2048 (Atari 7800)

Attack of the PETSCII Robots (Atari 7800)

E.X.O. (Atari 7800)

Galaxian Arcade (Atari 7800)

Keystone Koppers (Atari 7800)

Pac-Man Collection 40th Anniversary (Atari 7800)

Slide Boy in Maze Land (Atari 7800)

UniWarS (Atari 7800)

Oh, btw... where's Millie and Molly? I thought it was getting a release this next patch.

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

Oh, btw... where's Millie and Molly? I thought it was getting a release this next patch.

Perhaps it may be... or/and some other surprises:

Here are some of the games we're planning on making available for the first time in Portland (and this is not a comprehensive list)...

;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

Has there ever been a simultaneous release of this many 7800 games at once?

Not that I've been involved with.  :)  There's so much great 7800 development taking place right now, and with the new HOKEY boards, all new games can take advantage of POKEY audio. 

7 hours ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

I'm working on Millie and Molly as well.  :)

..Al

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

Okay, fellas... who wants to knock over a Brinks truck with me to help fund this Portland Expo run?

Has there ever been a simultaneous release of this many 7800 games at once? It's crazy! And awesome! Can't wait! I just recently bought another bookshelf to display more 7800 games. It's a good thing I did!

2048 (Atari 7800)

Attack of the PETSCII Robots (Atari 7800)

E.X.O. (Atari 7800)

Galaxian Arcade (Atari 7800)

Keystone Koppers (Atari 7800)

Pac-Man Collection 40th Anniversary (Atari 7800)

Slide Boy in Maze Land (Atari 7800)

UniWarS (Atari 7800)

It is hard to imagine. Bob cranked out close to that many in 2013. Which was the best year for 7800 fans maybe now finally outdone. 

You would think this is an Intellivision forum with the number of games except they do not all suck balls.

If only it was the better days in the financial department 2010-2013.  I used to buy every game made. Now with 3-5x the shipping and inflation affecting everything we do I might get one game for next Christmas if I am good. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jinks said:

Now with 3-5x the shipping and inflation affecting everything we do I might get one game for next Christmas if I am good. 

With brexit, inflation ,fuel prices and shipping costs I've been priced out of the market for physical copies of games.

I'm happy to buy digital downloads and have done so a few times this year.

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be missing out on some A* games

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I haven't figured out the "how" part fully yet, but I do plan to offer my games as digital downloads at some point later this year (assuming there is interest/demand!). 

2048 is already available for free. I'll likely polish that ROM up slightly for the physical release but I also plan to make that revision available for free download.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Jinks said:

It is hard to imagine. Bob cranked out close to that many in 2013. Which was the best year for 7800 fans maybe now finally outdone. 

You would think this is an Intellivision forum with the number of games except they do not all suck balls.

If only it was the better days in the financial department 2010-2013.  I used to buy every game made. Now with 3-5x the shipping and inflation affecting everything we do I might get one game for next Christmas if I am good. 

Now I'm curious... can you refresh my memory on what Bob released in 2013... (and what others released to make that the best year till now)

• Like 1

I also remember games like Moon Cresta, Astro Blaster, Asto Fighter,

Rip-Off, and two or three others. Maybe not all exactly 2013 but all in that era. 

Bob saved the 7800 homebrew scene and single handedly kept it alive for another 5 years till a pile of programmers came onto the scene. Oh Frenzy...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jinks said:

I also remember games like Moon Cresta, Astro Blaster, Asto Fighter...

:thumbsup:

Moon Cresta - (finished late 2011 - released) 2012

Astro Blaster - 2014

Astro Fighter - 2015

Rip-Off, and two or three others. Maybe not all exactly 2013 but all in that era. 

:thumbsup:

Rip Off - 2012

Scramble - 2012

Jr. Pac-Man - 2012

K.C. Munchkin! - 2014

Meteor Shower - 2012

Pac-Man 320 Edition - 2011

Ms. Pac-Man 320 Edition - 2011

Frenzy...

Frenzy *with* Berzerk (I personally like Berzerk better) - another 2013 hit...

image.thumb.png.ac9ad0553c2ca824a0e9f8a3ef5ea9f2.png

:)

• Like 5

On 7/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, Jinks said:

Bob was definitely working overtime for that 4-6 year run. He kept the 7800 alive until more true believers came to help. 

I have so many Bob games left on my review site left to do. KC Munchkin, Meteor Shower, Crazy Otto, Jr. Pac Man, Space Invaders etc etc etc. He makes a game faster than I can review one LOL. 

12 hours ago, Trebor said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1