IGNORED

Just got a Jaguar in 2022 - New to this community

DreamcastUK

1 hour ago, Zerosquare said:

People living in glass houses, etc. ?

Hey, if @DreamcastUK can still maintain this level of enthusiasm after a day or two of playing Checkered Flag, I'll be all for it. I'm just worried Checkered Flag is going to drain all the positive energy. I do still pop it in myself and try to master the steering from time to time. I'm a huge arcade racer fan, so I understand where he's coming from. I really want to like Checkered Flag, but I haven't cracked the controls yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Hey, if @DreamcastUK can still maintain this level of enthusiasm after a day or two of playing Checkered Flag, I'll be all for it. I'm just worried Checkered Flag is going to drain all the positive energy. I do still pop it in myself and try to master the steering from time to time. I'm a huge arcade racer fan, so I understand where he's coming from. I really want to like Checkered Flag, but I haven't cracked the controls yet.

To be fair, he at least has some actually-good games in his lot to balance it out. I think he'll be fine.

6 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

People living in glass houses, etc. ?

As much as I dislike Supercross 3D, it's.. at least a playable game. I.e., it's possible to do things skillfully and consistently in that game. Checkered Flag on the other hand, I have no idea how people do it without wanting to throw their console through a window.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Austin said:

To be fair, he at least has some actually-good games in his lot to balance it out. I think he'll be fine.

<Looks at pic of his Jag games>

<Sees Double Dragon V and Dino Dudes>

I assume those aren't the ones that you're referring to as "good". :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Well let's just say I haven't managed to play any of those games just yet (busy planning an event in December and will have a Jaguar setup for people to play) I think I'll have some spare time next week so will play test each of the games and of course starting with Checkerd Flag, I am comparing this to the other games that are currently in my games room which are:

Virtua Racing on the Mega Drive

Hard Driving and S.T.U.N Runner on the Amstrad

I will do a live stream playing each of the games for the first time and then will review each of them (so fresh eyes on these games) - reviews will be posted on the Do The Math sites and of course share my opinon of Checkered Flag here :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Austin said:

I saw DOOM and it blinded me from the other ones in the stack.

Looking forward to play Doom on Jaguar as been recently playing the Dreamcast Port

3 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

At least he avoided that tragedy known as Kasumi Ninja….

Thats next on my CEX voucher purchases 

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

<Looks at pic of his Jag games>

<Sees Double Dragon V and Dino Dudes>

I assume those aren't the ones that you're referring to as "good". :cool:

Heard a few people saying Dino Dudes was an ok game but Double Dragon .... hhhmm let's hope it's better the Double Dragon Neon

8 hours ago, str0m said:

A day or two of playing checkered flag....he must have seen a total of 200 frames by now then due to it's hilarious frame rate ?

Looking forward to it , my eyes will prob go checkered at that rate

12 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Trust me - it won't drain me - I have Tiger Game Com games in my collection

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 7:37 PM, DreamcastUK said:

Trust me - it won't drain me - I have Tiger Game Com games in my collection

Aweome, theres a great Supervision thread on the console section here and the bloke has done a game.com website as well, full of great information and makes me want both despite knowing they are terrible lol

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 11:37 AM, DreamcastUK said:

Heard a few people saying Dino Dudes was an ok game but Double Dragon .... hhhmm let's hope it's better the Double Dragon Neon

Let me put it this way...look at your Double Dragon V cart as a precious, rare game that MUST be kept in its original packaging and store permanently on a shelf rather than a game to pop into your Jag. Just trust me on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3