IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 1 - Stampede

My Stampede Update: PERSONAL GOAL OF 10,000 PTS ACHIEVED!!! ??

STAMPEDE - GAME 1 - SLOW COWS - 10,591 POINTS!!!

STAMPEDE(10591)HSC17.jpg.0c0c2766d377e2da66e733ccc0f4812d.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Updated with a little bit higher score
  • Like 5

Quick Stampede Update: (Up to post #28)

26,796 - Northcoastgamer - NEW HSC RECORD (+3 SET NEW RECORD)(+5 BONUS POINTS)

10,591 - Rickster8 (+5 BONUS POINTS)

3,003 - wolfy62 (+1 BONUS POINT)

1,683 - fakecortex

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting

On 7/25/2022 at 3:27 PM, fakecortex said:

I love playing this on the 2600. I had a really good pattern going last time I played here too, but it's not quite coming back to me yet.

Ropin' dem doggies - 1,683

1284351129_Stampede2022-07-2515_16_01.thumb.png.dd9ff19e0ae5ba61aed780df92794ac7.png

Lol Cortex how on earth did this happen? It looks like you tried to clear 3 rows at once, thassa NO NO!!!!!! :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Haha 2

Well, try as I might, I just can't seem to break 2,000 points.

My highest score so far is 1,638 using Intellivision ][ with LTO Flash cart.

Tried on RetroPi and the screen flickers very bad, and the game feels much faster than on old hardware.  Best I could manage there was 1,534.

Looking forward to playing more Intellivision this summer.  My personal goal is to play every game this season.

IMG_6997.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, gar0u said:

Tried on RetroPi and the screen flickers very bad, and the game feels much faster than on old hardware. 

Is it just the cows that flicker?  There was a bug in jzintv that caused this and has since been fixed.  The most recent jzintv is on the official jzintv website.  Not sure about game speed.

Edited by mr_me

I had a 26,715 game but probably missed 6-8 or more Black Anguses so I should have been closer to 28k. Once you start herding or pushing the cattle forward around 26k they only move forward in front of your horse maybe an inch that's it. Once that happens it is pretty much game over.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

I had a 26,715 game but probably missed 6-8 or more Black Anguses so I should have been closer to 28k. Once you start herding or pushing the cattle forward around 26k they only move forward in front of your horse maybe an inch that's it. Once that happens it is pretty much game over.

That's my problem at 3,000,the cows not moving forward much.

I can only imagine how impossible it is when you get the scores that you do. ? amazing,incredible herding!?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Yeah it’s like a kill screen. But somehow Al Birman on Twin Galaxies was able to get 29K, which is the world record. So he pushed it another 3k higher. Pretty surprising. Not sure what conditions cause a kill screen on this one…it’s interesting. Wish we could know!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 12:30 AM, IntyFanMatt said:

Yeah it’s like a kill screen. But somehow Al Birman on Twin Galaxies was able to get 29K, which is the world record. So he pushed it another 3k higher. Pretty surprising. Not sure what conditions cause a kill screen on this one…it’s interesting. Wish we could know!

Just watched the end of his vid again... What he does is he gets to 27k with 9 left in his stray count. Then he just goes off tagging everything when the kill screen comes. His score will be VERY hard to beat... ?

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/235440

@Northcoastgamer

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, Rickster8 said:

Just watched the end of his vid again... What he does is he gets to 27k with 9 left in his stray count. Then he just goes off tagging everything when the kill screen comes. His score will be VERY hard to beat. 

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/235440

@Northcoastgamer

I just watched the end of it too. I think his score is really difficult to beat but not impossible. Would love to see someone do it though. Is 30K possible?  Would be amazing. 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Lol. Typical Al. I just watched the end of it too. I think his score is really difficult to beat but not impossible. Would love to see someone do it though. Is 30K possible?  Would be amazing. 

Yeah even though his score is amazing, he kind of lumped off at the end. If he tried to get some of those strays that were make-able in my opinion yes I think he could've had 30k. My answer is then YES 30k is possible... Lol but not for me, for Jeff (Northcoastgamer) and you I mean..... :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

Same thing occurs in the 2600 version. I wouldn't really call it a kill screen, it doesn't lock up or prevent you from playing anymore, it pretty much signals that you ain't getting much farther pilgrim. That's the way I have been approaching the 26-27k scenario, rope everything and get what you can. One notable difference between the INTV game and the 2600 is the amount of rows top to bottom. INTV has four, 2600 six. I plan on scoring higher, I'm not done yet. The strive for perfection......... 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Same thing occurs in the 2600 version. I wouldn't really call it a kill screen, it doesn't lock up or prevent you from playing anymore, it pretty much signals that you ain't getting much farther pilgrim. That's the way I have been approaching the 26-27k scenario, rope everything and get what you can. One notable difference between the INTV game and the 2600 is the amount of rows top to bottom. INTV has four, 2600 six. I plan on scoring higher, I'm not done yet. The strive for perfection......... 

Nice, don't forget to video it so you can enter it on Twin Galaxies. You can use the link I sent you for an example on what to do.... :) 

• Like 2

Quick Stampede Update: (Up to post #51)

27,654 - Northcoastgamer - NEW HSC RECORD (+3 SET NEW RECORD)(+5 BONUS POINTS)

23,390 - IntyFanMatt (+5 BONUS POINTS)

10,591 - Rickster8 (+5 BONUS POINTS)

4,071 - fakecortex (+2 BONUS POINTS)

3,189 - Lupovax (+1 BONUS POINT)

3,003 - wolfy62 (+1 BONUS POINT)

2,828 - jimblargh (+1 BONUS POINT)

1,638 - gar0u

Edited by Rickster8
Updated scores
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1