IGNORED

P.H.T.H. [Pitfall Harry's - Treasures Hunter] ( H.E.R.O. Hack)

alfredtdk

Captura de tela_2022-07-20_21-02-56.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-20_21-02-13.png

PITFALL Harry's - Treasures Hunter (P.H.T.H.)

In possession of a magic rope, acquired from Egyptian temples, Harry sets out in search of new treasures around the world, this time he ventures into the jungles of South America, more precisely in the Mayan temples, trying to unravel mysteries of the ancient world. This magic rope of the Egyptian gods gives Harry unimaginable powers, such as levitation and the grazing projection of his altral that destroys everything in front of him, practically reducing to ashes, nothing survives this, except a stone creature that inhabits the rivers. underground in these Mayan temples, she is invincible to this Egyptian rope magic.

This is a hack that pays homage to the first and second games and also its continuation that were released for Megadrive, SNES and PC, Pitfall - The Mayan Adventures.
When Harry loses a life he assumes the same position when he was rescued by his son Harry Jr (see photos), the protagonist of Mayan Adventures. The stone creature that had kidnapped him in that sequel also makes a small cameo here, he appears floating in the river and tries to catch Harry when he is in flight.

As incredible as it seems, this hack is easier than the original game, because in the NOVICE and EASY files the electrified walls were deactivated, they are in blue, but for those who like the original challenge, you can choose the HARD file where the walls are electrified and in red color. Detail, the NOVICE file the character Harry has 74 lives.
I hope you all enjoy this hack.

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_00-27-56.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_00-28-34.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_00-29-13.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_00-31-41.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_00-35-40.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_00-32-17.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_00-33-10.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_00-34-17.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-20_21-07-38.png

P.H.T.H Pack.zip

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 3

Very cool crossover!  I think you nailed the look very well.  Are some of the creatures from Pitfall II?  I'm less familiar with the sequel than the original.  How tall are the pixels for the hero versus Harry's original 22 pixel height?  I'm curious how much room you had to play with in putting him in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

Very cool crossover!  I think you nailed the look very well.  Are some of the creatures from Pitfall II?  I'm less familiar with the sequel than the original.  How tall are the pixels for the hero versus Harry's original 22 pixel height?  I'm curious how much room you had to play with in putting him in.

Thanks. There are 24 pixels to be worked on. It has creatures from Pitfall 1 and 2 . Boss from Mayan Adventures, a magical creature made of stones, in a small cameo.

That was going to be the suggestion I make and the reason I was asking about spare lines in the sprite (for the balloon).  You could always shorten Harry by a few lines as he's a tall fellow to make the balloon a bit rounder.  I don't think anyone would mind if he lost one line on each of his upper and lower torsos to make the balloon a bit rounder.

Edited by LatchKeyKid

40 minutes ago, LatchKeyKid said:

That was going to be the suggestion I make and the reason I was asking about spare lines in the sprite (for the balloon).  You could always shorten Harry by a few lines as he's a tall fellow to make the balloon a bit rounder.  I don't think anyone would mind if he lost one line on each of his upper and lower torsos to make the balloon a bit rounder.

I thought about this possibility, but unlike Pitfall which has two independent sprites for coloring, the one that climbs stairs and the one that runs, HERO has only one coloring sprite, if Hero suspended in the air was a sprite independent, of what it interacts on earth, the story would be different.

Notice the interaction that the hidden sprite has with the character on land in the detonation sequence, he is there, but hidden by the programming.

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_19-09-26.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-21_18-52-46.png

Edited by alfredtdk

• 4 weeks later...
Posted July 20 (edited)

Captura de tela_2022-07-20_21-02-56.png

Captura de tela_2022-07-20_21-02-13.png

UPDATE 14/08/22

The laser beam is now emitted by the Egyptian magic rope.
Previously Harry's entire body emitted this laser provided by the magic string.

Also applied more vivid colors to the character Harry.

Captura de tela_2022-08-14_22-47-34.png

P.H.T.H. Pack Update.zip

12 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

I've seen that whole body laser effect in other hacks but I'm glad you were able to fix it.  Was it difficult to find and fix?

It was actually relatively easy. Hero's sprite is composed of odd color values, if you use even values the sprite does not appear and gives some bugs. Consequently not every color of odd value is acceptable. You can work with the odd endings of color 1, 5, 9 and D. To fire the laser you will use the odd ending of color 3, 7 and B.
About the other hacks you are absolutely right, especially Boba Feet. As we know the bounty hunter uses a laser pistol, so he would have to fire the laser just above his waist.
I'm working on this hack again, not just to fix this bug.
I will leave the character more faithful to the Disney series with the closest colors, he will also be taller.
Other additions are scenarios with a new color that will recall the famous desert planet of the saga, Tatooine.
New reworked old characters and sprites will enter these changes.

A little preview.

Captura de tela_2022-08-15_23-21-11.png

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 1:02 PM, LatchKeyKid said:

Interesting.  I wonder if there is a disassembled version of it for me to take a look at and try to figure out why.  That sounds weirdly complex for a restriction!

If there is a disassembled version I don't know. Sometimes I discover something in randomness by changing some specific code. Giving more details about Hero, not everything can be changed without consequences, see as an example the 4th stage, its colors were established in gray and black, the coded default for this scenario is at the value 00, changing this to another default affects the entire linearity of the game, so it takes some fine-tuning of the rest of the programming to get acceptable results within the standards set in your original programming.

• Like 1

UPDATE FINAL

I'm making a new version of Boba Feet with updated graphics and a new sound type. These modifications also influence other hacks, like the one I made based on Pitfall.
It won't be the same sound I'm using in Boba Feet. Wait.
In the meantime who wants to enjoy this update of Harry's Pitfall - Treasures Hunter, now with new sounds and colors, mud pits and bigger rivers with big ripples covered with something similar to seaweed.
I believe this will be the last update of P.H.T.H., with nothing else to add to the game.
Hope everyone likes it.

Captura de tela_2022-08-17_21-50-14.png

Captura de tela_2022-08-17_21-50-46.png

Captura de tela_2022-08-17_21-51-35.png

Captura de tela_2022-08-17_15-54-29.png

Captura de tela_2022-08-17_21-52-59.png

Captura de tela_2022-08-17_22-24-38.png

P.H.T.H. Pack Final Update.zip

Edited by alfredtdk