IGNORED

Revisiting the Original TI-99 Joysticks

dgrissom

During a recent Zoom TI-99ers Meeting, I asked if anyone had ever modified the TI-Joysticks to make them work better?  As far as we knew, it hadn’t been done.  The "normal" process would be to design a replacement circuit board and have them made.  Of course, I took a different route… ?

This is a modification to replace the internal parts of the joystick with tactile switches.  This has revived my old joysticks, and now I really enjoy using them! 

BTW, It is completely reversible in that it does not damage the existing components.  With that said:

Disclaimer:  Do this at your own risk.  This project WON’T damage your existing joysticks unless you are careless.  I freely provide this project to the TI community and welcome comments and improvements.

IMG_20220720_075542705_HDR.thumb.jpg.3578ec356902822df70a99d993623b95.jpgIMG_20220720_124740265_HDR.thumb.jpg.64d9db216a2fd67d12a38d4561a3c23b.jpg

The attached zipped file has complete instructions.  It does require access to a good 3-D printer and a few other materials. Some soldering skills are necessary.

David G, Prattville, AL

Revisiting the TI99 Joysticks.zip

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3