IGNORED

Changes coming to the Harmony Games

Dan Iacovelli

Thanks to all who participated in the 2022 Harmony Games as it was a slow season compared to previous seasons.
and  I'm sad to say its the official end of the Harmony Games as we know it.
With new 7800 games being included into the Atari Homebrew  Awards starting next season(which takes place  a month after the Awards ends)
I will be adding 7800 games to the HSC, with that we can no longer call it the Harmony Games,as it was called that after the harmony cart by @batari (Fred Quimby).

So before I go into other changes for the new season I'm looking for an idea of names for it.
So if you have any ideas for a new name for this High Score Club post bellow and around Feb before the Awards start I'll do a poll (here on Atari age, on Facebook and on AVC Online website(it will also be mentioned in mailchimp newsletter as well) the winning name will be announced at the start of the season.

Now on to the Changes:
First Change: Divisions
Harmony Games Division- 2600 Hombrew games
Concerto Games Division -7800 Homebrew games

As normal the Harmony Division will start on the second Monday of the month after Atari Homebrew Awards show
After the Harmony Division ends the HSC will take a month off.
and then it returns with the Concerto Division also on the second Monday of the month

Second change: Graphic Round dropped
After major consideration we have decided to to eliminate the Graphics round
this was because many times the winner of best graphics was also winner of best game(or didn't have a scoring system)
and then we would have either go with second place or vote. By removing this round we can
do more work with the winners.

Third Change: rounds in Divisions
Harmony Division will have 3 rounds:
Round 1: Work in Progress (same as past Harmony games (Original games for normal points and Port games for bonus points)
Round 2:  Completed Original Games ( above 4k games for normal points and 4k and below for bonus points)
Final Round :Completed Port Games (same scoring for Completed Original Games round)

We decided to split the Original and Ports games to make it more simple for players to play instead having it together but still keeping the bonus play
included as well.

Concerto Division will have 2 rounds:
Round 1: Work in Progress (same scoring as the Harmony division)
Final Round: Completed Games ( same scoring for first round)

Final Change: Submissions
Besides submitting via Atari age, starting next year submissions can be done the following:
Atari age via the topic as normal
Facebook at the AVC Online facebook group (on the associated post for the the rounds)
and via the form at AVC Online website.
we added the two new submissions to bring in more players as there are probably not a lot of people
who do Atari Age and it makes it more open and give more competition.

As of now this HSC will only focus on 2600 and 7800 homebrews.  and games can still be played either emulator
or via a flash cart (Harmony for 2600, Concerto for 7800(or which ever one is available as there are few more coming out)
on actual system. All games are based on winners of Atari Homebrew Awards and must have a scoring system to be used.
if winning game doesn't have a scoring system poll for voting will be set up using the following:
the game I vote for (I always look for the game that will be good in HSC)
and second place winner.

See you in 2023 (don't forget to post below what name you want to call the HSC)
* btw I will start a second category for concerto division and keep this topic (Harmony games for harmony division)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 5 months later...