5 - wolfy62

4 - jimblargh

2 - crade

1 - gar0u

1 - Player One

Games Won

1 - IntellivisionMaster - Stampede

• Like 1

87,140. Some improvement, but with the disc controller it's tough at times. I'm trying to get the video off my phone. I have been using that to record. It is beginning to get much more aggravating than fun. The high score I saw from a previous season here is Season 7 Game 10 - 1. 148,925 scalpel +15 (NEW RECORD +2).

20220811_185104.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

North-Coast, I believe the manual states to swear regularly during this game to reach peak points (in the helpful tips section).

Most definitely. I mean EGGBERT swears so why can't we? :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got my RetroPi working again--still a noticable difference in controller responsiveness, especially with 8-way games comapred to 4-way games that are just N, S, E, and W.  For example, the NE band of the disc is closer to N than E.  Halfway between both is just dead.  Is this something that can be fine-tuned in a keyboard hack file or jzintv config file?

It's very stark.  I use all three of my lives on the first screen in Retro Pi, but I easily clear multiple levels on real hardware (with the same controller!)

Confirmed controller functionality with controller_test.rom from the Ultimate PC Interface website.

Any ideas?  Or is this just something we settle for with emulation?  :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

OK--making some progress.  (Just documenting here for Google in case others--including me!--have the same problem in the future.)

UPCI (Ultimate PC Interface) DIP switches are both UP, and auto-sense only works on power up.  So both controllers need to be plugged in if you intend to use them.

controller_test.rom shows that the right controller (Serial B) has three different values between E and S (10F, 10E,  10D) while my left controller (Serial A) only has OOD--closest to S.  So that explains the dead zone.

Swapping controllers indicates a failing Flashback controller.  It's now in the "spare parts" bin.  :(

• Sad 1

Just cleared the first screen in speed run mode using my RetroPi!

It's easier for me to get some game time in in emulation, otherwise I'm competing with the family for the big screen TV.  😛

Watch out guys, here I come!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1