IGNORED

TI 99/4a 32k memory card

johnph3

Yeah I am aware of it but it doesn't make use of existing speech synthesizer. I'm suggesting building a small 32k/tipi board that can plug into end of speech syn. and mounted on top of existing speech syn. board. If not possible then just 32k without tipti.

Edited by johnph3
mis-spell

2 hours ago, johnph3 said:

Yeah I am aware of it but it doesn't make use of existing speech synthesizer. I'm suggesting building a small 32k/tipi board that can plug into end of speech syn. and mounted on top of existing speech syn. board. If not possible then just 32k without tipti.

The real issue you may encounter here is power: to do what you are asking would require an external power supply, as the Speech Synthesizer is already using the very limited amount of power available at the side port.

Then you have a secondary issue: any board you try to fit in there is going to have to connect to the appropriate traces on the speech synthesizer board, and that modification could get really messy, fast. It would be possible, but it also adds a significant source of possible failure points to the process. You would be better off using the existing board from Arcadeshopper that only uses the case (or a 3D printed equivalent) and then connect it to an external power supply for guaranteed stability. Using the 3D printed case also works great when plugged into the Speech Synthesizer, giving you two small side port devices.

An alternative would be to use one of the in-console 32K mods for memory. Boards and instructions are both readily available, and possible if you have reasonable soldering skills.

• Like 5