IGNORED

New subforum for Atari Portfolio

Cyprian

what do you think about the dedicated subforum for the Atari Portfolio?

There are a some interesting activity around this handheld lately, like hardware modifications / addons (Pofoduino - Arduino,  Raspberry Pi, IDE and CF storage, a new memory card, a new soundcard is planned), programming/demoscene activitys - e.g. a new great demo: Nucleus by SMFX https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=91785

Now the Portfolio threads are spread over different sections, and it is not easy to find them. Therefore, it would be cool to have one dedicated place for all these activities. IMO the Portfolio deserves it.

• Like 6

Isn't the ordering of the various Atari systems a bit odd as it sits right now? I don't know what Albert's preferences are but from a logic point I would rearrange them as such:

Atari General (maybe should be last on the list)

Atari 2600

Atari 5200

Atari 7800

Atari Lynx

Atari Jaguar

Atari 8-bit (some might argue it should go above the Lynx even)

Atari ST/TT/Falcon

Atari Portfolio

Atari VCS

Dedicated systems (which tend to have quite a bit of non-Atari content)

• Like 2

YES, YES, and then another YES.  Please.  I'd beg if I thought it would do some good.  I love my Port, but know not much of it.  Would love to learn how to do simple things like xfer files to/from a modern computer.  I have almost everything ever sold for the Portfolio.  I use it mainly as a journal, and an inventory of my Lynx games.  Would love to do more. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Isn't the ordering of the various Atari systems a bit odd as it sits right now? I don't know what Albert's preferences are but from a logic point I would rearrange them as such:

Atari General (maybe should be last on the list)

Atari 2600

Atari 5200

Atari 7800

Atari Lynx

Atari Jaguar

Atari 8-bit (some might argue it should go above the Lynx even)

Atari ST/TT/Falcon

Atari Portfolio

Atari VCS

Dedicated systems (which tend to have quite a bit of non-Atari content)

true, it is worth to sort it in a correct order.

but at that moment I'm more than happy that Atari Portfolio has it's own section.

16 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

YES, YES, and then another YES.  Please.  I'd beg if I thought it would do some good.  I love my Port, but know not much of it.  Would love to learn how to do simple things like xfer files to/from a modern computer.  I have almost everything ever sold for the Portfolio.  I use it mainly as a journal, and an inventory of my Lynx games.  Would love to do more. 

I have a special program for use on laptops with XP on them and a real com port, look into it on my FB grpoup Atari Portfolio Users

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...