IGNORED

Jaguar Development System worth?

Crickster

Hello all, I was going through my boxes of oddities I've collected over the years and I found an Atari Jaguar Development system that I don't really recall how I got it.  I have zero use for it outside of actually playing games and was wondering what its value is?

I'll need to dig out my controller and whatnot but if I remember right you have to hold down the middle of the three buttons to boot a retail cartridge.

Thanks for looking and any help in advance!

20220717_210658.jpg

20220717_210828.jpg

Not trying to be rude but I was thinking it might not even have as much value as a regular Jaguar. The cord is kind of unattractive looking, I guess you need to do a special trick to boot retail games, and it's devoid of the other developer accessories that give it context and meaning. 

I'd personally pass this up over a regular retail console, and I'd assume not having the accessories and documentation would limit the appeal for those collectors who would be up for paying big money for the dev kit. 

• Like 1

Considering only 250K total Jaguars were even manufactured (including the OEMs still being trickled into "gen pop" today), your console is valuable regardless. It's unique in that its mods were made by Atari or an actual developer, and not some random doink trying to play backups. It's interesting to say the least. Thanks for sharing your "re"find.

Edited by Jag64
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, dilinger said:

Do we know how may dev. kit Atari has made?

One. It was on time share. Connected to an electricity meter which we all had to have a stack of coins ready to top-up to keep it powered on.

When we begged for more units they laughed at us and mocked us with "what? spend some money? On this?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 5:07 AM, CyranoJ said:

One. It was on time share. Connected to an electricity meter which we all had to have a stack of coins ready to top-up to keep it powered on.

When we begged for more units they laughed at us and mocked us with "what? spend some money? On this?"

They knew about BJL and thought no more need to make expensive HW ;-)

• Haha 1