IGNORED

Hell's Halls - 16K TI BASIC Game - Completion and Physical Release

pixelpedant

4 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

I'm waiting anxiously for the cc-40 release of hell's hall

Well, I do want to do something worthwhile in the CC-40 game development realm, so if I can figure out a Hell's Halls tie-in for it, that would definitely be neat. 

Probably shared as a type-in spread, given the nature of the platform.  Also just to be sadistic (given the nature of the platform). 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, senior_falcon said:

Anyone tried Hell's Halls using XB 2.9 G.E.M. yet? You may need to do CALL INIT, then CALL LOAD(-31888,63,255) which does the same as CALL FILES(0)

Will it run from cartridge and no 32K installed?

34 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

We could try that out of interest and curiosity, but it might be a step too far given the author's intentions for the software being that it is designed for TI Basic with no expansions.

Very much my same goal, to run without any expansions but faster than normal TI Basic as it is slow,  so the goal is similar but kill the speed problem.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 7/30/2023 at 8:57 PM, chris36 said:

Almost a year late in discovering this.  Just ordered from physical from @arcadeshopper.  Glad there are still copies left.  Thanks @pixelpedant for helping me find something fun to do while hiding indoors from the hot summer.

Cool that folks are still discovering it!  And I seem to have produced enough copies to address relatively long-term demand.  Though I'm kind of glad demand hasn't kept up indefinitely.  Recording and testing and producing the pack-in materials was rather time-consuming. 

Two threads talking about it this week means more encouragement for me to actually finish the sequel, eventually.  Which is all to the good.

• Like 6