IGNORED

Which game is shown in this video snippet?

Irgendwer

10 hours ago, NIAD said:

Another CES pic of a ColecoVision display area with Tunnels & Trolls and Dracula.

Las Vegas CES '83 - Tunnels & Trolls & Dracula.jpg

Huh, so apparently Coleco had demos / mockups of a number of unreleased games running at CES.  Very sad that they all appear to have been lost!

Coleco had soooo many prototypes, both hardware and software, and it seems like they all must have went to a landfill in Hartford.... ?

10 hours ago, NIAD said:

Not to inject everyone's favorite computer system into the conversation, but at the 11:00 mark while talking about the Donkey Kong Super Game version for the ADAM Computer, another prototype variation of the Memory Console is shown.

Summe CES - ADAM Proto Memory Console.png

I noticed that too.  This must have have been pretty close to production.  They only thing I can see that is different is the doors on the front of the tape dives.

10 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

Was he SELLING IT?

When you add a box, instruction manual and put it in a cartridge then someone is making money.
I can also attest that I have yet to see that rom free anywhere just like the Star Wars Hoth Game that came out for the Atari 2600 first.
I seen on Ebay the Pink Panther game yet where is that free rom?  That was no Demo prototype.  Donkey Kong Arcade?
So shenanigans are happening.

I have an idea for a Hong Kong Phooey game but now I am being turned off because of the threat of being sued.
So where is the fine line?  If you are not profiting from it is that not fair use?

I'm the creator of this game (not the publisher) (as well as Battle of Hoth) .  Peyo came to us few month after the game was out of stock already , we just made 100 of them   (same number as the smurf in the village!) .

I did this game originally for my young soon  and it was an Homage to Smurf on colecovision.  i found funny to get back the smurf to the colecovision 30 years after. And i love smurf!

PEYO (his soon in fact)  , has been aware of that game because some guys  put their copy on ebay more than 10 times the price they paid for... we could see the game between 600 and 1000 usd.

And it was  just after  first Smurf movie by Sony has been released  (in think it was in 2011).

And for the story , i had a second Smurf game almost completed that i have never released due to that.

I don't wish release my roms  so don't ask .  (at least for now , i will do  probably in the future but not now) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, youki said:

I'm the creator of this game (not the publisher) (as well as Battle of Hoth) .  Peyo came to us few month after the game was out of stock already , we just made 100 of them   (same number as the smurf in the village!) .

I did this game originally for my young soon  and it was an Homage to Smurf on colecovision.  i found funny to get back the smurf to the colecovision 30 years after. And i love smurf!

PEYO (his soon in fact)  , has been aware of that game because some guys  put their copy on ebay more than 10 times the price they paid for... we could see the game between 600 and 1000 usd.

And it was  just after  first Smurf movie by Sony has been released  (in think it was in 2011).

And for the story , i had a second Smurf game almost completed that i have never released due to that.

I don't wish release my roms  so don't ask .  (at least for now , i will do  probably in the future but not now) 

Thanks for the update.
Now I don't know what to port, work on or release.
Atari is still around in some form or another and I would hate to spend a year making Crystal Castles just to find out I have to shelve it.

58 minutes ago, Captain Cozmos said:

Thanks for the update.
Atari is still around in some form or another and I would hate to spend a year making Crystal Castles just to find out I have to shelve it.

You just have to do what other people are doing -- change the name and characters, but keep the general gameplay.  For example, rather than "Hong Kong Phooey", how about "Japanese Nonsense"?  You get the idea....

9 hours ago, else said:

I noticed that too.  This must have have been pretty close to production.  They only thing I can see that is different is the doors on the front of the tape dives.

Yep, the different style Data Drive doors with NO door release and also the Memory Console is not as wide... roughly 1/2"-1" on each side it looks like.

3 hours ago, else said:

You just have to do what other people are doing -- change the name and characters, but keep the general gameplay.  For example, rather than "Hong Kong Phooey", how about "Japanese Nonsense"?  You get the idea....

I get it but as a goofy answer I would have to say a dog jumping into a file cabinet and coming out a Kung Fu master and claim that has nothing to do with the cartoon would be hard to do.  At the same time changing anything would no longer be remotely HKPhooey.

So, back to the drawing board as they say.

5 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

You want a real suggestion? Coleco's Skiing, the vaporware title. It's right up there among the most drool-inducing of the promotional flyers, yet no one ever got around to actually do it as a homebrew title, and I don't think anyone is working on that game right now.

6 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

You want a real suggestion? Coleco's Skiing, the vaporware title. It's right up there among the most drool-inducing of the promotional flyers, yet no one ever got around to actually do it as a homebrew title, and I don't think anyone is working on that game right now.

Ahem.  *Cough, cough*.  I thought I made a decent stab at it, no?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, else said:

Cardboard Castle starring Bradley Bare!

Final Jewel Bonus.

2 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Oh! I was aware of Horse Racing, but I wasn't aware you tackled Skiing as well! I stand corrected.  :)

No worries!  I need to get back to working on it again.  There's still more I want to do with it.  The last kid goes off to college this fall, so I might finally have some free time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1