IGNORED

Nintendo clearly decieved us with their starfox box art

It's called marketing you genius.  There's nothing deceptive there.  Sega has sold megadrive(genesis) shoes, even do now, pretty sure you can't jack in Phantasy Star IV and run to the algol star system.  Again, nothing deceptive here, you're just fishing for drama.  STOP IT.

Also that is not a conveyor belt, its' the girders from the first stage.  Anyone objective can see that, but I guess if you want to use a postage stamp image to make up a lie that fits the narrative, fine, but I'll counter it with reality.  Girders.

16051705160.JPG

• Thanks 1

@johannesmutlu

I must confess I find most of your topics pointless and even annoying,...Negative for no real reason,...Almost like you're just venting now that the internet exists, perhaps unintentionally creating drama some 30 years too late...

But then I think on the topic of freedom of speech.  And I must say on one hand I salute you!  I might find a lot of what you do to be like pointless, petty bickering or eavesdropping on one side of a child's playground conversation in the 90s...But who am I to say?  Whether the topic suits me or not,  we are here on this website to debate, discuss, and talk about old video games and whether I agree or not with your opinions you are doing just that.  Nothing wrong with speaking your mind in a general sense...And if need be I can ignore you without needing a special button...

That said,  I prefer topics where people talk about what games they do like, and the memories associated with getting certain games or finding hidden secrets within the game, etc. ... 

But hey,  that's me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Back to Phalanx,

I remember a magazine BITD ripping on that box art too,  acting like, What were They thinking?  And I thought to some degree they really were missing the point.  With my very limited funds (I was a poor college student) at that point in time, I almost bought that game because I thought the box art was very clever!  It tells a whole story in one image.  It was a trope of some old sci fi movies and creature features that there would be an old geezer in the middle of nowhere,  just kicking back, strumming his banjo...When he sees something in the night sky...

Where it goes from there,  whether it leads to mutated spiders,  giant robots, or an alien invasion, etc. depends on the movie...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

@johannesmutlu

I must confess I find most of your topics pointless and even annoying,...Negative for no real reason,...Almost like you're just venting now that the internet exists, perhaps unintentionally creating drama some 30 years too late...

But then I think on the topic of freedom of speech.  And I must say on one hand I salute you!  I might find a lot of what you do to be like pointless, petty bickering or eavesdropping on one side of a child's playground conversation in the 90s...But who am I to say?  Whether the topic suits me or not,  we are here on this website to debate, discuss, and talk about old video games and whether I agree or not with your opinions you are doing just that.  Nothing wrong with speaking your mind in a general sense...And if need be I can ignore you without needing a special button...

That said,  I prefer topics where people talk about what games they do like, and the memories associated with getting certain games or finding hidden secrets within the game, etc. ... 

But hey,  that's me.

I don’t want to look at a negative perspective from nintendo,no,i do have fond memories from nintendo either too and i alway’s loved nintendo and still do,BUT since i have heard a million similar stories about that from many many peoples on youtube or at certain websites,i was like “why not looking at another and/or bizar perspective from nintendo,like by futher rewinding the tape back waaay before 1985 and so on and then i started to realize that things weren’t the way i tout to be,for instance i didn’t know that nintendo games did also appear on atari systems and the coleco and intelevision system as well,

i didn’t know that before the gameboy there was actually the epoch game pocket computer and the MB microvision,

i didn’t knew about pac land from 1984,thus predating smb1

i didn’t knew that tiger electronic actually invented the D pad with their playmaker handheld from 1980,thus predating the game & watch with d pad by 2 years, 

and so forth and so on,

and that’s why i think different about nintendo these day’s unlike back then when i alway’s did tout that nintendo were alway’s the first and the best.

• Like 1

Well the way I look at it is, take that Donkey Kong cart label above as an example. Nowadays, it is entirely possible to create a game that looks just like that illustration. Wouldn't it be a cool project some time to go back and re-make games that are in an identical style to the box art? Now whether that would end up being as fun and playable as the original, it's up for debate. In the case of that artwork, if you actually played the game where the camera is backing away as Donkey Kong and, err, "Jumpman" are running, it could be hard to gauge how to dodge the barrels. But it would be fun to try, and perhaps it would heal this rift that's tearing the gaming community apart!!

On 9/5/2022 at 7:18 PM, Tanooki said:

It's called marketing you genius.  There's nothing deceptive there.  Sega has sold megadrive(genesis) shoes, even do now, pretty sure you can't jack in Phantasy Star IV and run to the algol star system.  Again, nothing deceptive here, you're just fishing for drama.  STOP IT.

Also that is not a conveyor belt, its' the girders from the first stage.  Anyone objective can see that, but I guess if you want to use a postage stamp image to make up a lie that fits the narrative, fine, but I'll counter it with reality.  Girders.

16051705160.JPG

Mmm that’s pretty weird, to me it doesn’t look like girders because they aren’t red on top,if those girders were colored red on top with no blacks straps drawn on it,then it would,ve be clear to me that these are girders,BUT since these are drawn blue with black straps on it, i simply percieve these as conveyor belts and i sure i am not the only one in this world,

but hey,it’s just a minor complain altrough the avgn can have it’s complain such as the megamen 2 coverart were megamen holds a gun wereas in the game he doesn’t hold a gun but in that tiger electronics version of that game he holds a gun,so haha🤣