IGNORED

The Best Communication Program 2022?

2 hours ago, Atari8guy said:

If you want to see the ATASCII stuff on your ST, try Interlink ST (though it's not trivial to set it up it will do ATASCII).

Hi, I've been using ST-TERM since it has the option for ATASCII, but didn't know Interlink also had it.  Whereabouts is the setting?  When I look in the Emulation Mode section of Interlink, I see:  VT52, ???????, and TRANSLATION.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Jason Young said:

Hi, I've been using ST-TERM since it has the option for ATASCII, but didn't know Interlink also had it.  Whereabouts is the setting?  When I look in the Emulation Mode section of Interlink, I see:  VT52, ???????, and TRANSLATION.  Thanks.

Yes, this stumped me for a while the first time... You have to click on ??????? and it will give you more options.  I have scanned the manual and added it to this post.

InterlinkST.pdf

• Like 1

I like TAZ for VT52 stuff and ANSITerm for (of course) ANSI stuff.

STalker has a kazillion features, including a mini-BBS! but I don't

care for it's translations(s) as much except for ASCI.

FDT - Freeze Dried Terminal is another good looking app.

Connect 95 is another comms program with a ton of features.

You probably should try them all out and see what you like best. :)

PS If you wind up really getting into the BBS scene, then grab a

WiModem232 - it's awesome!

https://www.cbmstuff.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59?

https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/index.php

• Like 1

I like Interlink and I'm still supporting it with a IGS218.EMU when I release it,  I updated it a few days ago.   I'm working on a a IGS terminal/drawing program smash up.  Cool problem is I keep getting ideas as I go along about how to improve IGS.   My IGS drawing program supports ALL 3 ST modes not just medium resolution, like the original IGS Editor did.   If Kevin Moody or Anthony Rau happen to read this I'd love to hear from you.  I've added editable fill patterns, internal double stepping for XORing with  BitBlit,  all the GEM mouse pointers for the point and click BBS menus.  The IG Developer program let's you ASCII upload it's draw buffer into a message or save it as a file, or load and append to the buffer.   It's coming along I'm going to add a ZONE definer routine for the point and click input command for BBS's.   I'm just doing this as a hobby.    I don't want your money,  just supporting the retro Atari scene and what bbs sysops are left !    I'll be 64 soon and only just a little bit crazy!  Ha!

...Larry

• Like 1

I should have added I am supporting the the IG218.ACC as always.   So I am writing for 3 programs at once.   So if you have your favorite terminal and it supports desk accessories you can still have IG graphics, via just a desk ACC and use whatever terminal you like best.   I guess I must be crazy!

...Larry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 12:08 PM, DarkLord said:

I like TAZ for VT52 stuff and ANSITerm for (of course) ANSI stuff.

STalker has a kazillion features, including a mini-BBS! but I don't

care for it's translations(s) as much except for ASCI.

I wish I knew about TAZ for going on the local ANSI based BBS's back then...  Tried ANSITerm once but felt it was too slow using graphical text.

STalker was my main program for going on dial up ISPs that had UNIX shell accesss as its VT102 translation was just fine for that.  Only problem I had was when I needed all 25 lines on the screen for IRC II, but I had a desk accessory that provided full screen VT102 emulation for that purpose.