IGNORED

Has anybody actually played 'Raid: Shadow Legends'

Reaperman

Has anybody actually played Raid: Shadow Legends?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Has anybody actually played Raid Shadow Legends?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

We're a gaming forum, full of gamer-types. Has anybody here actually played Raid: Shadow Legends? I was watching about my 5th Raid: Shadow Legends commercial of the day, which is a game that supposedly has been with us almost half a decade, and I just wonder if anybody actually plays that stuff.

Wikipedia says Raid: Shadow Legends is an F2P lootbox RPG, and the only reason I looked even that much up, was because I'm posting this unscientific poll to see who plays Raid: Shadow Legends, what I can only assume must be the game of the century based entirely on the number of people telling me to play it.

So have you ever actually played Raid: Shadow Legends? And if so, is it any good, or is it as awful and predatory as I clearly assume it is?

WZdbLhV.png

(what little of that I can make sense of sounds like the most generic of 'generic fantasy settings,' and the rest sounds like doing my own taxes)

Edited by Reaperman
  • Haha 5

`Well I do appreciate that raid will sponsor content others won't ( like 90% of the YouTube i watch), I can't say I would touch raid with a 10 foot pole.

The closest I got to playing that kind of game was the beta/1st year of the Knights of the old Republic MMO.

Combining the worst of MMO and cell phone games seem like a huge waste of time.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 2:01 AM, JeremyR said:

I had a co-worker that spent like $500 on it before quitting.  

His job or the game?

I'm joking, but that type of dumb is that kind that says they have to many expenses, so they are quit their job.

- yes, I have worked with people that dumb.

On 8/5/2022 at 2:01 AM, JeremyR said:

I had a co-worker that spent like $500 on it before quitting.  

At least he got to play a game with his money. I'm almost $200 into Star Citizen, and the latest news on that is that they haven't figured out interstellar travel, but are adding a Kart-racing mini game, and earlier in the year took a detail pass on character eye shine. 

(no, I'm actually not kidding)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Never played it, and yes I groan when I see it on YouTube, however, I have actually seen a couple of streamers I know quite well get sponsored (and not particularly big streamers either, sub-100 viewer level) as well and have sat and watched it in support and for a laugh.

I still haven't actually seen any real gameplay of it, only the buttered up version for adverts but I assume its very "league of Legends" type of mix between idle game and frantic pointless clicking type.

It is cool however that they are willing to promote and give people a shot at advertising. We all know its name, even if none of us have played it, now that is BRAND RECOGNITION even if we have NEVER paid any time or money into it!

I've played a lot of advertisements for it!

Haven't played RAID itself but I did "play" (more like watch, click through) a bunch of Lineage II: Revolution. These treadmill games are of a piece, you get little rewards and upgrade your gear/character/environment as you go along, with the option to pay to go faster. 

I find them diverting for a while but don't like to give them money or encouragement. 

On 8/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, H454 said:

`Well I do appreciate that raid will sponsor content others won't ( like 90% of the YouTube i watch), I can't say I would touch raid with a 10 foot pole.

I thought I posted this earlier, but don't see it, so --

I've never heard of this game, but I'm curious about that comment.   What kind of content does it have that others won't?  Like videos or streamers in the middle of the game or something, drawing the "youtube I watch" comment?  

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I thought I posted this earlier, but don't see it, so --

I've never heard of this game, but I'm curious about that comment.   What kind of content does it have that others won't?  Like videos or streamers in the middle of the game or something, drawing the "youtube I watch" comment?  

The videos they sponsor have nothing to do with game.

• Like 1

I haven't played this one specifically, but I've played similar ones where you can pay to go faster. lol

btw... imo refusing to play all mobile games because some rely on whales is kind of a silly stance to take.  there's some really good games if your mobile device happens to be what you game on.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually don't like mobile (my definition of mobile is Nintendo DS OG and GBC,GB and GBA) games because i've been burned by ads 24/7, mostly fake chinese ones. My"favorite" ones are those that use the same exact actor for stuff like mistplay. Frankly, i'm sick of ads and would gladly play RAID if I had the option to play without them. Alas, we are ignored.

too bad that I don't like turn based RPG's. I'm probably missing out on a lot of good games.

On 8/11/2022 at 3:41 AM, digdugnate said:

I haven't played this one specifically, but I've played similar ones where you can pay to go faster. lol

btw... imo refusing to play all mobile games because some rely on whales is kind of a silly stance to take.  there's some really good games if your mobile device happens to be what you game on.

PTW needs to DIE!

microtransactions are the worst thing to happen to gaming since the CD-I mario and zelda games.

• 1 month later...

Most gaming channels wont touch Raid Shadow Cancer sponsorships because they know its pure microtransaction garbage, but literally any other channel on YouTube will claim they play it if they get a sponsorship.

Established Titles, however...now there's a scam all the retro gaming channels can get behind! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Most gaming channels wont touch Raid Shadow Cancer sponsorships because they know its pure microtransaction garbage, but literally any other channel on YouTube will claim they play it if they get a sponsorship.

Established Titles, however...now there's a scam all the retro gaming channels can get behind! 

But can you use your Established Title for your Raid Shadow Legends character?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...