IGNORED

Junk sale ][: Supervision + games, Travellmate (early Supervision), stupid game.com games

DeathAdderSF

Howdy, y'all!

I'm selling some more junk on ePay, don't check it out!

Supervision handheld game system - NOT like Game Boy! (That's why it sucks.)

Travellmate handheld game system, early Supervision - Not fun but actually rare!

Tiger game.com games: Arcade Classics, Henry, Lights Out - guaranteed boring!

I do honestly want to sell these, but... I CAN'T LIE!! So the descriptions, while they may seem like they'll kill any chances for profit, they're at least honest. (And how often do you run across an honest salesman?!)

'K bye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Aww you should have told me you were selling one of those turds, I'd have just bought it if we agreed on price.

I couldn't do that to a fellow forum goer. I'd never forgive myself for all the anguish you'd have to endure from playing it.

20 hours ago, DeathAdderSF said:

I couldn't do that to a fellow forum goer. I'd never forgive myself for all the anguish you'd have to endure from playing it.

I like tiger handhelds, I'd survive. ;)  Now they're bookmarked to see how it goes.  I get the supervision fairly well can and does suck, but something about it is par for the course for me considering I've gone through a game king 2, this is kind of a step up.

36 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@DeathAdderSF Well, despite years of your repeated warnings, like any good cartoon character with the big shiny red button that says Do NOT Push.  I did, got your Supervision lot. ;)

stimpy-red.gif.a8fbe03407af1fe16c1eb247c9830a81.gif

Bah. Just couldn't help yourself, eh? Well OK, a deal's a deal. Just don't come crying to me when it arrives in the mail and you instantly regret your purchase.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DeathAdderSF said:

There's no such thing as a good game.com game.

While you’re mostly right, I think the game show and board games are the best experience a friendless player could have at the time. Conversely, there’s no such thing as a bad game.com game*.

* except for the following:

- Fighters Megamix
- Indy 500

- Mortal Kombat Trilogy

- Sonic Jam

13 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

That Travellmate looks very similar to the gameboy I had as a kid in 1989.  Never seen before.  Was that made back then or is that a recent knockoff version?

It was made back then, same company and the wikipedia covers it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watara_Supervision

But easily put I'll cut this piece from the marketing section: To keep their costs down, Watara farmed out the international marketing and distribution to third parties leading to various versions including the QuickShot Supervision, Travell Mate, Hartung SV-100, and Electrolab in Argentina, under two different models: the Supervision (in a form factor resembling Nintendo's Game Boy) and the Hipervision. In Taiwan and Hong Kong, it was released as the 泰可BOY (Tiger Boy).[1] The QuickShot version differed from the original Watara format by having the console body split into two parts enabling the screen to be tilted in relation to the control section.

Same guts, different manufacturing and molding in various regions of the world.  Either way it's like a beta level DMG gameboy, keep those expectations 1989 low and you'll probably fine, expecting the next Super Mario Land 2, Gargoyles Quest, Castlevania Adventure II, Gradius/Nemesis, Mega Man1-5 level stuff and you'll have the attitude the seller has about them. :D

I know what I was getting into dropping that bid, I love terrible handhelds, as long as the games are decently amusing, I put up with a game king 2 of all things with pokemon mini level of pixel detail with strangely looping(seconds few at best) 16bit audio stolen from all sorts of sources, so this will be an improvement.  Just need now to get the multicart when it comes back into supply again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Travellmate
Was that made back then or is that a recent knockoff version?

Units branded as Travellmate actually appear to be the earliest of the Supervision product line. And are fairly rare here in the States. Hence why someone actually paid $255 [!] to snap mine up. 😲

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

the wikipedia covers it

Screw the wikipedia, I'm gonna plug the ridiculous Supervision website that I, for some reason, work on tirelessly.

Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate

So there. 😝

Edited by DeathAdderSF
  • Like 1