IGNORED

Coleco Combat! Did I pay too much for this item?

ColecoGamer

My wife and I are currently shopping at the Londonderry, NH Flea market, when I came across a piece of Coleco history. 

The seller wanted $50, but I haggled them down to $30. It’s in beautiful shape too; it’s missing the power supply. Did I get a good deal?

FA4C2334-8950-486E-BDB1-A9B64D1D05EF.thumb.jpeg.d7365fd3e449896c57076e06ad455627.jpeg

Edited by ColecoGamer

It's a good deal only if it works, I guess. If the thing didn't come with a manual and no indication of what kind of power supply it needs, hopefully you can get that information online somewhere.

EDIT: I'm seeing some wires sticking out from under the unit. That's the TV cable, I presume?

Edited by Pixelboy
  • Thanks 1

i remember when i was child , i guess around 1980-81 , to have play the same kind of console.  It was a combat game with tank and we could play 2 players (at least)  But i remember the console was Orange color.   

Does one of you would have an idea what it could be?

BTW very nice item , i think you got it at a good price. :)

On 8/7/2022 at 9:39 AM, Cebus Capucinis said:

II suspect BassGuitari could give you the most educated guess as to price ranges.

Did someone ring?...😜

On 8/7/2022 at 9:39 AM, Cebus Capucinis said:

I think $30 is a good price. It's not a steal but definitely in the realm of what I'd pay and not feel remorseful about it!

If it's not a steal, it's as close to a steal as you're likely to get. Especially if it works. Recent sold listings on eBay went for:

08/11: $69.79 ($39.99+$29.80 shipping) - Loose, Untested/Parts

07/31: $177.84 ($99.99+$77.85 shipping[!] 😲) - Loose, Tested

07/19: $40.99 (22.36+$18.63 shipping) - Boxed, No manual, broken joystick, Untested

07/12: $63.45 ($50.00+$13.45 shipping) - Loose, Missing battery cover, Untested

05/26: $98.09 ($74.99+$23.10 shipping) - Loose, Tested, Modded (fire buttons replaced; stickers added)

There was also a loose untested Telstar Combat included in a lot of Colecovision stuff that sold for $120 ($95+$25 sh.) back in June. (It was originally bid up to $77; I'm guessing the buyer flaked and it was relisted.)

So for $30, yeah, you did good. 👍

Personally I'd need to start seeing boxes and/or manuals at the $50 level (even in unremarkable condition), but the Telstar Combat is uncommon enough that people don't seem to mind overpaying a bit. Or a lotta bit in the case of that $177 sale! 😜

BTW you can use an Atari 2600 power supply. Also, it's normal to get a blank screen when you power it up--just press Reset!

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, ColecoGamer said:

My wife and I are currently shopping at the Londonderry, NH Flea market, when I came across a piece of Coleco history. 

The seller wanted $50, but I haggled them down to $30. It’s in beautiful shape too; it’s missing the power supply. Did I get a good deal?

FA4C2334-8950-486E-BDB1-A9B64D1D05EF.thumb.jpeg.d7365fd3e449896c57076e06ad455627.jpeg

If you get it going will you post a tv screen pic please?

• Like 1