IGNORED

FT: my Mister for your Mega SG

Zeptari

I’m just putting my feelers out. Would anyone consider this trade? It works great and has a ton of games. I just feel like I wanna concentrate on my Genesis collection. 

The Mister FPGA setup:

• DE10 Nano
  • 7 Port Hub
  • 128MB SD RAM Module
  • I/O Board 
  • Noctua Fan
  • ASUS WiFi module
  • PSU and power splitter cable
  • 256GB SD Card
  • SEGA SMS/Genesis SNAC adapter 
  • Nintendo Switch controller.

1A76A701-3880-4E20-A2AD-31E306C14294.jpeg

I’d gladly take a new Mega SG shipped for trade too! It doesn’t have to be used. ? 

Edited by Zeptari1

1 hour ago, jesusc said:

I have a white Mega SG in the box

Ugh. Not white… sorry… if it was any of the other 3 color options I’d be game.

4 hours ago, DNA128k said:

If I still had my Mega SG I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.  Good luck!

New one is fine too. Lol

4 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

I’d gladly take a new Mega SG shipped for trade too! It doesn’t have to be used. ? 

Both MiSTer and Mega SG are FPGA cores.  The MiSTer has well updated 32x, Genesis and SegaCD cores..  why would you trade for another FPGA system with less cores?  I mean, take out non Genesis ROMs and only use a Genesis controller: there's your focus without giving up features.

UPDATE:  Forgot to mention I have both systems.  I have homebrew that only works on the MiSTer like War in the Machine.  Although I have communicated with KevTris and he may have made an update to the SG firmware by now.

• Like 1

Both MiSTer and Mega SG are FPGA cores.  The MiSTer has well updated 32x, Genesis and SegaCD cores..  why would you trade for another FPGA system with less cores?  I mean, take out non Genesis ROMs and only use a Genesis controller: there's your focus without giving up features.

I also would like to know what the point of trading for a lesser FPGA device would be? The mister is currently having a Saturn core developed for it. For me that’s a lot of Sega goodness in one place.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

3 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

I also would like to know what the point of trading for a lesser FPGA device would be? The mister is currently having a Saturn core developed for it. For me that’s a lot of Sega goodness in one place.

6 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

I just feel like I wanna concentrate on my Genesis collection. 

I kinda just got the impression they wanted to focus on collecting Genesis stuff like actual carts n' such, which makes sense.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I kinda just got the impression they wanted to focus on collecting Genesis stuff like actual carts n' such, which makes sense.

There are devices that let you use your actual genesis carts.  Though the extra steps involved may be too much for the original poster.

4 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

There are devices that let you use your actual genesis carts. 

You mean Retrode? That's actually pretty cool, I didn't know it was possible on MiSTer. But, yeah, if somebody is interested only in Megadrive then SG is a neater solution than MiSTer's many-cables/add-ons one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

There are devices that let you use your actual genesis carts.  Though the extra steps involved may be too much for the original poster.

Interesting -- that sounds exactly like the kind of crap I don't need but want anyway.  Those a thing "only" for Genesis, or are there others, too?  

A quick Google search found some posts with people arguing about whether its possible, and this gem --

mistercarts.thumb.jpg.636e885e5587ed2c1dc1019967c66b15.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, jesusc said:

I have a white Mega SG in the box with the master system, game gear, my card, and mark iii adapters…

Damn, I precisely wanted a white Mega Sg but it was long gone when I finally bought mine... ? Of course we could trade our Mega Sg's and then you could trade my Japanese style Mega Sg with the OP's MISTer, but that would be quite tedious. ?

17 hours ago, jesusc said:

Is that the real reason why you’re ditching your Mister? Because it’s white? :)

Lol ,no ..… I was just going to concentrate on my Genesis cartridge collection trading for a Mega SG. @gemintronic got me thinking other wise now….

5 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Yeah.  Mainly I wanted to understand Zeptari1 and his logic.

I have no logic.? I just found myself playing mostly just genesis games on it lately. And I have a fairly large cartridge collection. Now I’m starting to second-guess… naawwww .But you know what, I could always get one of those ever drives with the CD support in it , right? And I had a 32X for ever. Just sold that late last year.. Made a small fortune on it ,but honestly don’t miss it. I don’t know , I gotta sleep on this a few nights…..lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jesusc said:

Theoretically, I could mail you my system, you mail yours to him, he mails me the Mister. I’d be willing to do it in that order so that I take on all risk of getting screwed. Whatcha think Zeppo?

Or…  you guys trade and then you mail me his Japanese Mega SG…I’d want the box... ? and then I mail the Mister to you. I gotta slow this down and think about it a bit…. 

Zeptari, If I were you, I'd just keep the MiSTer. The MiSTer is going to do everything that a Mega SG can do except play carts, but you have so many other cores that it can run.

In your configuration, you'd get $450-$500 or more for the MiSTer. A Mega SG isn't even worth the $320 they sell for right now. The FPGAs will eventually come back in stock and they'll sell new from Analogue for ~$189.

You could always get a Triple Bypass RGB modified Genesis and run a Mega Everdrive Pro to emulate a Sega CD. That's what I do. I have a lot more fun with that than I did with my Mega SG. 

31 minutes ago, cmeister92 said:

You could always get a Triple Bypass RGB modified Genesis and run a Mega Everdrive Pro to emulate a Sega CD. That's what I do. I have a lot more fun with that than I did with my Mega SG. 

Any place still have the everdive pro at normal or close to normal price?    I'd like to have one, but no luck

36 minutes ago, cmeister92 said:

You could always get a Triple Bypass RGB modified Genesis

What in the world!? I have no idea what this is. Guess I got some Googling to do.

41 minutes ago, cmeister92 said:

In your configuration, you'd get $450-$500 or more for the MiSTer. A Mega SG isn't even worth the $320

Ouch… isn’t worth the $320… but the normal under $200 from Analogue when they’re in stock is totally fair price.

hmm my Mister is worth that much? In that case I’ll take $499 for it. ? JK.