IGNORED

Welcome to the updated forum! Please read!

Albert

Just now, DZ-Jay said:

Oh, just realized ... I don't see an "Edit Post" button ... anywhere!!!  😁😧 😱

-dZ.

Never mind, I found it ... hidden in the ellipsis button where we used to find the "share post" link.

Would it be possible to add a button next to "Quote," like before?  It sort of sucks having to hunt down the "Edit" button, buried under a sub-menu.

-dZ.

1 minute ago, Albert said:

They moved it for some reason to the "..." icon in the upper-right corner of a post (the Report link is also there). I'm going to see if I can get those back as proper links that aren't hidden.

..Al

Yup, saw it.  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flashjazzcat said:

Forum looks great on desktop and mobile alike, and seems much faster. Personally, I prefer the new default post font size as well (previously, everything seemed a tad large to me). Thanks for your superb efforts!

Yes, the post font size looks great.  I think the thread listings are a bit too dense and the fonts a little weird there.

-dZ.

1 minute ago, DZ-Jay said:

Yes, the post font size looks great.  I think the thread listings are a bit too dense and the fonts a little weird there.

Yeah, I see some inconsistency with font sizes and weights, I will have to look at a few of the pages like the forum page that shows a list of threads.

..Al

4 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Forum looks great on desktop and mobile alike, and seems much faster. Personally, I prefer the new default post font size as well (previously, everything seemed a tad large to me). Thanks for your superb efforts!

It's definitely a lot faster, no doubt now that I've been using it for several hours.  I'm undecided on the smaller font size, but I'll leave it for the moment.

..Al

3 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

I think the thread listings are a bit too dense and the fonts a little weird there.

Possibly, although the only thing I find a bit disconcerting is that pinned thread symbols aren't very conspicuous.

EDIT: Having said that, it's probably just a case of familiariy, and I'm getting used to it already.

Edited by flashjazzcat

2 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Possibly, although the only thing I find a bit disconcerting is that pinned thread symbols aren't very conspicuous.

I'm going to change that, I don't like it.

2 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

EDIT: Having said that, it's probably just a case of familiariy, and I'm getting used to it already.

True, but I still don't like it.  :D

..Al

• Like 1

Thank-you for the update!

I have discovered one odd bug:

When I encounter a post by someone on my ignore list, I see the usual message "You've chosen to ignore content by [user]", but then the ignored post appears directly below that line. 

Edited by jhd
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, flashjazzcat said:

Do you not have a 'show desktop site' option in your browser, or are you looking for a permanent setting?

Ironically the browser is already in 'desktop mode', yet it looks like the Mobile layout persists.

2 minutes ago, jhd said:

Thank-you for the update!

I have discovered one odd bug:

When i encounter a post by someone on my ignore list, I see the usual message "You have chosen to ignore posts by [user]", but then the ignored message appears directly below that line. 

See the source image

You know how to take the ignore request ... but you don't know how use the ignore request.  The key of the ignore is in the using.

-dZ.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, JFD62780 said:

I personally think there should be an option to see the Desktop version on Mobile/Tablet.  Especially for those like me that websurf holding the smartphone in landscape mode. ;)

It is the same theme, it's just responsive in that it will change a bit depending on the width of the device.  In Safari on my iPhone, I can click on the "AA" button in the URL bar, and then change the percentage to shrink the view down so I can see more. This let's you view the forum as if you were using a larger desktop display.

mobile_desktop.jpg

..Al

8 minutes ago, jhd said:

When I encounter a post by someone on my ignore list, I see the usual message "You've chosen to ignore content by [user]", but then the ignored post appears directly below that line. 

Well, that's not good!  I'll write that down, thank you.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

It is the same theme, it's just responsive in that it will change a bit depending on the width of the device.

My sanity hopes you mean width as in pixels, not physically.  I'm on a Galaxy S9 with a 1440P screen, using a fairly obscure browser called Dolphin, because in my ~10 years of mobile browsing, I fear I got too used to it! (It's where all my bookmarks are! XD)

4 minutes ago, Trebor said:

@Albert Congratulations on the forum upgrade and thank you for it!

When the opportunity presents, if I could please have access again to edit the first post in Atari 7800 Homebrews and Hacks Thread as well as Atari 7800 Difficulty Switches Guide, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Yes, I need to reinstall the custom third-party module that enabled that behavior and make sure it still works.  Will get that done later today.

..Al

• Thanks 1