IGNORED

Welcome to the updated forum! Please read!

Albert

Just now, OLD CS1 said:

Looks good, and I see you will be working on some of the font sizes and weights.  A few things I noticed right off the bat: anonymous login is missing, the Twitter-esq ##.#k post count is poo-poo, and I have a moderator badge even though I have limited powers only withing the TI subs.

Yes, I'll look at what happened to anonymous login, I'm sure I can update the post count so it's not abbreviated like that, and I'll look at the badge you're talking about.

Just now, OLD CS1 said:

I like how quoted posts are now abbreviated so ridiculously large pictures do not fill up the screen when quoted.  I am hoping that affects not just pictures but also long verbose posts.

Yes, it doesn't matter, it should always abbreviate quotes like that. And, yes, that's a feature that should have been implemented long ago.  :)

Just now, OLD CS1 said:

Great work @Albert!  Now, try to get some sleep.

I woke up briefly to see how things are going, but after I catch up on emails I am definitely getting more sleep!

..Al

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@Albert: Will the mail notifications continue to come from "noreply@invisioncloudcommunity.com" (with an reply address of editor@atariage.com). My current mail filter doesn't like that.

Not sure, this is definitely something I will ask about, as I don't like that, either.

..Al

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Karl G said:

Everything is definitely snappier, but my aging eyes are not a fan of the smaller fonts. Easily enough remedied on the desktop by zooming in, but I'm not sure on mobile.

Yeah, I may set them back to the size they were on the previous version of the forum, this wasn't really done intentionally.  I know some people like the smaller font size.  I don't personally like it, probably for the same reason as you!  It would be nice if this was a user-adjustable setting, but alas, it is not.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Albert said:

Yeah, I may set them back to the size they were on the previous version of the forum, this wasn't really done intentionally.  I know some people like the smaller font size.  I don't personally like it, probably for the same reason as you!  It would be nice if this was a user-adjustable setting, but alas, it is not.

..Al

My biggest problem with the font is the size versus screen realty.  The lines become too long.  IMNSHO, you should not have to strain to read a web page more than you would do for a book.  I get frustrated with people who full-screen everything, winding up with 12-point font spread out over a 2,000-pixel wide screen.

17 minutes ago, littaum said:

Am I missing the new location of the "Ignore Topic"?  I tend to hit the "all activity" button to read the entire forums, and using the Ignore Topic is handy for certain discussions I wish to skip. 

You're not missing it, this is a third-party plugin that i haven't reinstalled yet.  I will be doing that today.

..Al

12 minutes ago, Albert said:

..Al

Maybe the dark "Deflection" theme could be the unofficial "my eyes suck" a.k.a. "I'm a programmer" theme that's not bright, has a bigger font and higher contrast :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

Maybe the dark "Deflection" theme could be the unofficial "my eyes suck" a.k.a. "I'm a programmer" theme that's not bright, has a bigger font and higher contrast :)

Im in both those categories, but since i have been using dark for everything for so long now, white is unbearable and gives me headaches.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Albert said:

If you see anything that's not working properly that was working before, please let me know and I can work on getting it fixed.

I like that the update now supports Sign in with Google (and some other methods), however when I tried it, I got an OAuth 2 error.

Just signing in for 1st time.  I've noticed the deflection theme really horizontally squishes the site, whereas the default theme lets the content go full width.  Can this be changed?  I can't use the white theme - I have really bad floaters in my eyes and the bright white makes reading painful.  I'm also echoing what others have said about the font size being a tad small (that's not a huge deal, I can always just zoom).

Thanks for all the work on the forums!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I've noticed another issue with the Deflection theme (using Chrome on Windows OS).  The "tank" icon is out of place and stretched - see below.

rank.png.fb9e9016b343f2823d8d3b8757e954c5.png

Thanks, I'll ask the theme author the best way to fix this.  Probably we need to create completely new icons for the rank levels, as Invision has changed them to be square graphics, which obviously does not work with the rank graphics we created a long time ago!

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Albert said:

That's good to know, what was not working before you did that?

..Al

The main thing I noticed is that I would click on the thing at the top that had a pop up for profile and so on, it wouldn't go away unless you selected something. Normally it goes away if you click in a blank area on the screen. Now it works normally after allowing invisioncic.com.

When it isn't allowed, the welcome to the updated forum is not there and when you click on notifications, you get a new screen instead of a pop up. Just weird little things.