IGNORED

Welcome to the updated forum! Please read!

Albert

1 minute ago, Random Terrain said:

The main thing I noticed is that I would click on the thing at the top that had a pop up for profile and so on, it wouldn't go away unless you selected something. Normally it goes away if you click in a blank area on the screen. Now it works normally after allowing invisioncic.com.

When it isn't allowed, the welcome to the updated forum is not there and when you click on notifications, you get a new screen instead of a pop up. Just weird little things.

This isn't too surprising, the forum uses a ton of Javascript and I'm guessing at this point in time, Invision doesn't really care about making it work when people have Javascript disabled. 

..Al

• Like 2

Response time is awesome, nice work on the migration! I forgot to bookmark the new URL but found it easily enough with a search.

The new font size is small and a bit uncomfortable - would this be something that can be adjusted by us as a preference?  For the time being, I used the browser zoom (ctrl + for edge) to increase the font size though it didn't increase the font weight.  And if this is already addressed, I just didn't "see" it :)  

4 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Response time is awesome, nice work on the migration! I forgot to bookmark the new URL but found it easily enough with a search.

The new font size is small and a bit uncomfortable - would this be something that can be adjusted by us as a preference?  For the time being, I used the browser zoom (ctrl + for edge) to increase the font size though it didn't increase the font weight.  And if this is already addressed, I just didn't "see" it :)  

I'm going to increase the font size to what it was previously, that is, once I fix the old forum that I just broke. :D

..Al

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much @Albert for the smooth transition to the new home for the AA Forums! The new forum is very snappy to load and I haven't found any issues that haven't already been addressed in the thread. I'm actually amazed and how quickly everything went considering the unbelievable scope and size of the AA Forums! Great work!

- James

Heh. I see that my browser CSS hack to disable individual avatars partly works, in that the avatar is not displayed but room for it is allocated. Previously it shrunk that space entirely. I'll check the generated HTML to see what has changed. Not that I really need it (or know if anyone else is using it), but it was a nice hack.

Edit: That was easy to fix. The avatar is an IMG inside an A tag. Previously it seems that the IMG tag determined the size of the avatar, and the parent tag simply followed along. Now it seems both of the tags set width and height (to the same value, at least if your avatar is maximum size) so I had to modify CSS on both elements to 0px.

Edited by carlsson

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I've noticed the deflection theme really horizontally squishes the site, whereas the default theme lets the content go full width.  Can this be changed?

I just noticed the customize icon up top, and when I clicked on "fluid width" it did exactly what I wanted.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DeafAtariFromKansas said:

finally getting into this after someone post his problem with google, I tried few times until this one...  thanks albert

Good, glad that helped.  Need to fix the Facebook and Twitter logins.  And see if the Discord login works as well.  So many things to do, so little time. :D

..Al

• Like 1

By the way, is the support for old BBCode tags now entirely removed from the editor? In particular tags like [ code ] and [ spoiler ] are things I like to add by typing them, rather than using the GUI tools with popups. I know BBCode has been outdated for a while, but the old editor at least still honored it.

6 minutes ago, carlsson said:

By the way, is the support for old BBCode tags now entirely removed from the editor? In particular tags like [ code ] and [ spoiler ] are things I like to add by typing them, rather than using the GUI tools with popups. I know BBCode has been outdated for a while, but the old editor at least still honored it.

I just checked, and BBCode is indeed disabled by default now, but it hasn't been fully deprecated yet.  I can re-enable it, but seems inevitable that Invision is going to remove it at some point (I'm sure it adds a fair bit of complexity to post parsing).  Here's how what the admin control panel has to say about it:

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 12.54.11 PM.png

I'm going to leave it off for the moment until I can do some additional reading on this.

..Al

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, D Train said:

This is dumb, but I'm not seeing the post number on each post.

That's because it's not there.  It appears that you can only get the generated link to share the post, but not the number. :(

-dZ.

34 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

That's because it's not there.

Yes and no. There is an attribute data-commentid in the code that contains the post number (repeated multiple times throughout the post) but it isn't a HTML tag so it won't display. Using a bit of CSS hack, I was able to insert this attribute at the very bottom of each post, but surely that is not where people want it.

.ipsComment_content::after {
  content: attr(data-commentid);
}

I'm sure once Albert has ironed out all the more severe issues, there will be a proper option to add this value to the visible layout as well.

Hi,

I noticed a problem since the update, some smileys have been replaced with a "?". I find this very annoying because it changes the sense of the sentences. Albert, could you repair? Thanks by advance.

EDIT: The missing smileys are identified as class="ipsEmoji"

Edited by fabrice montupet

6 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

Hi,

I noticed a problem since the update, some smileys have been replaced with a "?". I find this very annoying because it changes the sense of the sentences. Albert, could you repair? Thanks by advance.

EDIT: The missing smileys are identified as class="ipsEmoji"

Can you give me a link or two to posts where this is occurring?

Thanks,

..Al