IGNORED

Welcome to the updated forum! Please read!

Albert

Just now, Stephen said:

I've had this happen a few times - I'll click to react to a post and get an error, then when I refresh the page I get a 403 error from cloudfront saying there may be too much traffic.  It usually lasts less than a minute.  Has anybody else had this happen?

If you or anyone else is seeing this often, please let me know, and I can report this to Invision. Cloudfront is Amazon's CDN (Content Delivery Network), which in the context of a forum is generally used to store attachments and images.  I haven't personally used Cloudfront (although I have looked into it in the past as an option), but they might be able to adjust the sensitivity to traffic. 

I have yet to see any messages of this type, and I've been on the forum quite a bit in the last two days as one might imagine after a big forum upgrade / move like this.  :)

..Al

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vitoco said:

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this is already reported:

I received an email notification twice for the same post in a thread I follow. I came to that post and it was edited just after it was posted. The problem is that both emails contain the same original post, no updates on the second one!

I'd like to see both of those emails if you can pass them along with complete headers.  I don't believe I've received two of any specific emails, but I get quite a few emails from the forum and it's possible I might have missed a duplicate.

..Al

7 minutes ago, vitoco said:

PM'd...

Great, thank you!  The headers show that two distinct emails were sent, one right after another (two seconds apart), but they do appear to be identical otherwise.  Not sure why that would have happened, but if I get enough reports about this, I will ask Invision to investigate.

..Al

26 minutes ago, Albert said:

If you can link to some examples you've seen, that would be helpful, as they will surely want to see some examples.  You can get a link to a specific post by clicking the "..." button in the upper-right corner of a post and then choosing "Share" from the menu.

Two examples... were (likely) a 'thumbs-up' emoji that were turned into a '?' character after the upgrade.

1) https://forums.atariage.com/messenger/478259/?do=findComment&comment=2026464

2) https://forums.atariage.com/messenger/478233/?do=findComment&comment=2026078

1 minute ago, 800_Rocks said:

Two examples... were (likely) a 'thumbs-up' emoji that were turned into a '?' character after the upgrade.

1) https://forums.atariage.com/messenger/478259/?do=findComment&comment=2026464

2) https://forums.atariage.com/messenger/478233/?do=findComment&comment=2026078

Those are private messages, I cannot view them.  :)

..Al

It's looking good!  One thing I noticed is the color of the highlight around the page numbers in the new theme isn't as easy to see as before:

New:

image.png.643754e3ad672f15a12f68676dd3a337.png

Old:

image.png.3cf10d5ae55f8e312736f83057337b97.png

The "Sort by" and "Mark as Read" buttons are OK in the new theme.  Not sure if this change was intentional, but it's a little harder to see the full click area with the reduced contrast.

6 minutes ago, Sardonyx said:

It's looking good!  One thing I noticed is the color of the highlight around the page numbers in the new theme isn't as easy to see as before:

New:

image.png.643754e3ad672f15a12f68676dd3a337.png

Old:

image.png.3cf10d5ae55f8e312736f83057337b97.png

The "Sort by" and "Mark as Read" buttons are OK in the new theme.  Not sure if this change was intentional, but it's a little harder to see the full click area with the reduced contrast.

Yeah, I may ask the theme designer to fix this, and it's something I can fix myself fairly easily.  If you hover over the buttons you still see a lighter color, but I do prefer the previous appearance.  I didn't want to completely overwhelm him, last night I sent him some 40 different things to correct, and this all costs me money (it'll probably be a few hundred dollars for the changes he's working on now!)

..Al

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 800_Rocks said:

Not sure I can do anything about that.

Yeah, I need public posts, since Invision will likely want to see them and also verify any fix(es) they may apply.  Assuming they don't just tell me to buzz off on this one, which is a possibility.  They are probably trying to phase out those old emoticons in favor of the newer Emojis that are now available on pretty much every device.

..Al

56 minutes ago, vitoco said:

I received an email notification twice for the same post in a thread I follow. I came to that post and it was edited just after it was posted. The problem is that both emails contain the same original post, no updates on the second one!

Now Al has to believe me on this one. :D

11 minutes ago, Albert said:

Please forward me some of these duplicate pairs, with complete headers, so I can pass them along to Invision, along with the pair from vitoco.

Thank you,

..Al

Can't, I am on webmail for the next 2.5 weeks only. Maybe Vitoco can help.

40 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Can't, I am on webmail for the next 2.5 weeks only. Maybe Vitoco can help.

I don't know how to help you. I got my duplicates from the Roundcube webmail software used by my hosting, downloaded in .eml format (plain text). Gmail also allows it using "Show original" option.

BTW, the study case I sent to Al was a post by you in ZPH stream thread.

I just received three identical emails when someone reacted to one of my comments in this thread.  I've already sent an email to Invision support asking them to investigate this.  I would like to say, this is an example of an issue I'm glad I won't have to dig into myself!  Previously this would have been my responsibility.

..Al

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Yeah, I need public posts, since Invision will likely want to see them and also verify any fix(es) they may apply.  Assuming they don't just tell me to buzz off on this one, which is a possibility.  They are probably trying to phase out those old emoticons in favor of the newer Emojis that are now available on pretty much every device.

..Al

New emojis?  Does AA now have a pregnant man emoji?  

• Haha 1