IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 4 - SNAFU

11 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Ummm Rick…. Make that 2 perfect scores… pulling off the “Deuce”. :) 

You can’t break out Pinball early in a tournament then expect me to take it easy on the next match LOL 😂 😂  

My point in saying 'one perfect score' was because only one can go into submission. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

My FINAL SNAFU Update: Just like Al, I pinned the odometer at 150 MPH!!! The SNAFU VIPER can't go any faster!!!!! 😮😵😏

This was the fun-nest game I've played here at the INTY HSC and I am awarding @fakecortex 3 BONUS POINTS for such a great Inty gaming suggestion...... 👍👍👍

GAME 6 = 75 POINTS!!!

GAME 10 = 75 POINTS!!!

75 + 75 = 150 MPH!!! 😏

MISHAP SCORE OF 0!!! 😁👍

SNAFU(75)GAME6HSC17.jpg.400f70ad3f89ea5cca7a07303dac4d4f.jpgSNAFU(75)GAME10HSC17.jpg.e46734311c80e6d9dbfe3dce198518c6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

My FINAL SNAFU Update: Just like Al, I pinned the odometer at 150 MPH!!! The SNAFU VIPER can't go any faster!!!!! 😮😵😏

This was the fun-nest game I've played here at the INTY HSC and I am awarding @fakecortex 3 BONUS POINTS for such a great Inty gaming suggestion...... 👍👍👍

GAME 6 = 75 POINTS!!!

GAME 10 = 75 POINTS!!!

75 + 75 = 150 MPH!!! 😏

MISHAP SCORE OF 0!!! 😁👍

Wow! Incredible scores Rick!!!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Nice Rick! It’s not a Deuce; but nice! LOL 😂 

Lol sorry, but I ain't taking the bait, getting 75 on Game 6 was enough for me, trying to do that on Game 14 might send me to the funny farm...... :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 6:47 AM, fakecortex said:

Well, it was neat having this in the HSC, but...not again. Says the guy who recommended it 🙄

Game 14: 31 + previous Game 2: 61 = 92

54D76914-217B-4A20-BC6F-B2C5E1ECA38D.thumb.jpeg.013ae324467f817a70c425c21b8924bb.jpeg

Found myself awake early on a Saturday and decided to play some Intellivision...what a throwback. Would be nice to break 100, but I’d rather go play some BurgerTime. 

And congrats @jimblargh!! Sounds like a fun time :) Hope you had, what was it guys, Doritos and Dr. Pepper? Hahaha. 

Thanks @fakecortex !! No doritos or Dr. Pepper for us, more like grilled foods with lots of sauerkraut and a side of high life (I am originally from Wisconsin after all!) Though there may have been a midnight Mountain Dew in there to keep me going 😛

Edited by jimblargh
@'d
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

No joke! When I was done with the deuce I thought “why the heck am I doing this” LOL 😂 

Al we don't need to hear about your turlet habits....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :P :P 🚽🚽

• Haha 3

Quick SNAFU Update: 

150 - IntellivisionMaster (PERFECT SCORE +10 BONUS POINTS)

150 - Rickster8 (PERFECT SCORE +10 BONUS POINTS)

146 - Northcoastgamer (+5 BONUS POINTS)

135wongojack (+4 BONUS POINTS)

126 - cmadruga (+3 BONUS POINTS)

121 - JacobZu7zu7 (+3 BONUS POINTS)

117 - wolfy62 (+2 BONUS POINTS)

110 jimblargh (+2 BONUS POINTS)

108 lupovax (+1 BONUS POINT)

96crade

94 - Player One

94 - gavvv

92 - fakecortex (+3 BONUS POINTS FOR GAMING CHOICE EXCELLENCE) 😜

91 - IntyFanMatt

73 - gar0u

Edited by Rickster8
Added in more scores.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FINAL Snafu Update: AL AND RICK SPLIT THE SNAFU FLAKY SNAKY SPOILS!!! 😜

Excited Emoji GIFsnakes GIFMad Emoji GIF

150 - IntellivisionMaster [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD](PERFECT SCORE +10 BONUS POINTS)

150 - Rickster8 [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD](PERFECT SCORE +10 BONUS POINTS)

146 - Northcoastgamer [+11](+5 BONUS POINTS)

------------------------------------------------------------

135 wongojack [+9](+4 BONUS POINTS)

126 - cmadruga [+8](+3 BONUS POINTS)

121 - JacobZu7zu7 [+7](+3 BONUS POINTS)

117 - wolfy62 [+6](+2 BONUS POINTS)

110 jimblargh [+5](+2 BONUS POINTS)

108 lupovax [+4](+1 BONUS POINT)

96 crade [+3]

94 - Player One [+2]

94 - gavvv [+2]

92 - fakecortex [+1](+3 BONUS POINTS FOR GAMING CHOICE EXCELLENCE) 😜

91 - IntyFanMatt [+1]

73 - gar0u [+1]

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting

21 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Yay the thread is unlocked! I wrote a response last night, but then when I hit submit, @Rickster8 had beaten me to it and locked it. Anyway...

Thank you dude! I'm really glad the game went over well and you all were having fun (even more than me, hahaha). I've always thought of SNAFU as something special to the INTV. Plus, it was one of, if not the, first game I played for it. And who can resist humming those tunes? Good stuff. Those variations were rough, but I know another game isn't too far off in my future, tho it might be on an easier setting ;)

This game was also where I first heard of "snafu", and it wasn't long later that I learned of the old Private Snafu cartoons. If you haven't seen these wartime gems, take a gander on YouTube :D 

• Like 3

On 8/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, IntellivisionMaster said:

@jimblargh For breaking out the Intel at your bachelor party… and everyone getting “really into it” … I definitely vote to give you 3 bonus tournament points! And I’m not even kidding LOL 😂 

Ahahaha I appreciate the sentiment @IntellivisionMaster ! Getting my friends (including a hopeless Atari 2600 pureist 😉 ) to rock Snafu with me is all the bonus points I need! 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Yay the thread is unlocked! I wrote a response last night, but then when I hit submit, @Rickster8 had beaten me to it and locked it. Anyway...

Thank you dude! I'm really glad the game went over well and you all were having fun (even more than me, hahaha). I've always thought of SNAFU as something special to the INTV. Plus, it was one of, if not the, first game I played for it. And who can resist humming those tunes? Good stuff. Those variations were rough, but I know another game isn't too far off in my future, tho it might be on an easier setting ;)

This game was also where I first heard of "snafu", and it wasn't long later that I learned of the old Private Snafu cartoons. If you haven't seen these wartime gems, take a gander on YouTube :D 

I totally agree with @Rickster8 - Great game nomination @fakecortex ! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1