IGNORED

Pixel artist's game? It's Conner time 2?

Ecernosoft

At the end of the day it is all based around you as a programmer,your skills will attract the best artists.zzzzzzzzzzzzi'll give an example an artist just asked me to program a shump for an older system that he knows I can do,it's him that wants this game it's his idea.When asked he wanted 50% of all sales,for three weeks work over my 6-8months months of work.Watch out for these,I'll mention a few in pm to you,none are from atari forum or c64,genesis,pc engine.

Edited by Traxx

Cool!

Yeah, an artist will be attracted to programmers with skills. Not to say I have the best skills, that would probably go to bently bear's dev team, but still. I'm working on ICT solo. Not to say that's unusual for these homebrews, just that I've made EVERYTHING.

11 hours ago, Traxx said:

He dosen't,but he is active on c64 discord as many artists are,you'll have to make that initial jump.Plenty of very nice and helpful members here can get you started on discord.

Ok. I think I'll try and I'll let you know when I make the jump to discord. Ok?

4 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

Cool!

Yeah, an artist will be attracted to programmers with skills. Not to say I have the best skills, that would probably go to bently bear's dev team, but still. I'm working on ICT solo. Not to say that's unusual for these homebrews, just that I've made EVERYTHING.

You do have skills,and knowing assembly takes 10+ years so I know you are way above majority,you're special.

I did look at pac mans stuff and learnt,and I have a lot of experiance it was when Dariusz posted code that I really excelled.That single programmer got me to look at other games and how they're handling things.Jinks uses a double buffer,I'm going to look at scrapyard dog next as I have 80% of how Jinks is programmed,collision,scrolling,banking ect..I'm willing to share my findings with other programmers,but only asm programmers.I'd make an exception for MKSmith though as he's on his way to becoming a Jedi :) I know potential when I see it,he will be joining us soon.

Edited by Traxx

Yeah, true. I actually learned Assembly for 6502 starting with the 2600.

26 minutes ago, Traxx said:

You do have skills,and knowing assembly takes 10+ years so I know you are way above majority,you're special.

Do you know if people can see your birthday and/or email on Discord? If they can, is it an option for the user to enable/disable viewing that?

It's going to determine if I'm joining Discord or not...

15 minutes ago, Traxx said:

I did look at pac mans stuff and learnt,and I have a lot of experiance it was when Dariusz posted code that I really excelled.That single programmer got me to look at other games and how they're handling things.Jinks uses a double buffer,I'm going to look at scrapyard dog next as I have 80% of how Jinks is programmed,collision,scrolling,banking ect..I'm willing to share my findings with other programmers,but only asm programmers.I'd make an exception for MKSmith though as he's on his way to becoming a Jedi :)

Wait- you have Dissasembly for Jinks and Scrapyard dog?

28 minutes ago, Traxx said:

Thanks. 😃

My dad sometimes reminds me there's no future for Atari, but then explain this. Speaking of, if you'd like me to learn another system, note I got most all of my skills in a couple months.

For the 2600 on the other hand, that took me about a month.

Just now, Traxx said:

I'll put on my google drive

Ok. Anything from our pixel-art dude?

Edit: Honestly, just give me a tileset and a level you want to see, and I'll make it. Please use tiles that are 8*16 with 4 colors or 4*16 with 13 colors!

Edited by Ecernosoft
I can make it, bro

I'm a great coder, but I really have issues with level-design. That takes a while and also, they need lots of Debugging.

I can also explain the It's Conner time! Engine for our game and we can use the ICT engine. In fact, I can set up a 160A paralax scroll if you want. 

Plus, later, I want to port my old arcade games on Scratch to the 7800. They'll be a perfect fit with the 7800's "Bring the arcade home" stuff.

1 hour ago, Ecernosoft said:

Edit: Honestly, just give me a tileset and a level you want to see, and I'll make it. Please use tiles that are 8*16 with 4 colors or 4*16 with 13 colors!

I don't need you to do that for me,I know how to program,thank you though for the offer

Edited by Traxx

3 minutes ago, Traxx said:

I forgot to write him,will do it now,how is discord going for you

Discord... well, I haven't started because of a privacy issue:

1. Can people see your birthday? I meet the age requirements and all, but I don't want backlash from others because they found out I'm less than 20 years old

2. Can people see your Email? If they can nomatter what, I probably won't join.

1 minute ago, Traxx said:

I don't need you to do that for me,I know how to program,thank you though for the offer

It's ok. Just an offer! Plus, if you want this on NES, I can also code NES, just I don't know how to do sound. I can also do Atari 8it comp, but I'd rather not because of sprite and color limitations. 

1 minute ago, Ecernosoft said:

Discord... well, I haven't started because of a privacy issue:

1. Can people see your birthday? I meet the age requirements and all, but I don't want backlash from others because they found out I'm less than 20 years old

2. Can people see your Email? If they can nomatter what, I probably won't join.

Actually for number 2: If I can find a new Email that doesn't say who I am (ex. having my first or last name in the email address) then maybe a YES for number 2 would be feasable, just I'd need a new email somehow.